Storm886's Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm886

Reaction score
Economist:

Staff references(Con+): N/A
Time spent on the server: This is not needed. However, I have spent a good amount of time on the current SMP server.
Other server ranks (present and past): I was previously a Zombie Trusted, but I resigned due to loss of interest.
TeamSpeak: No, I do not have the proper equipment to use this and would prefer not to use this anyway.
How would you describe the responsibility of the rank you apply for: Economist is a very big job on the server and on the forums. Regulating trade prices and such can affect players in all ways. It is very important that the person understand their job and how it works. The economist must be very active to successfully complete his job. Along with the economy part, there is also the moderation of the server part. It is important that the economist know all the rules thoroughly and understand them.
Tell us about your experience as a Operator: I was never an Operator, but this is my experience as a Trusted: I had a great time staffing for the zombie server back in the day. Although it wasn't fun to see people break rules, the job was needed to be done. Being a Trusted, I did not have the powers to temp-ban or ban, so I know how to contact an operator via forums or IRC for those jobs. I understood the rules thoroughly and was always on to hear new updates to the rules. I simply decided to resign because I lost interest in the zombie server as a whole. I will be honest, if I don't enjoy my staff position on Journey to Elysium, I will resign to the player rank, but not suddenly so that my fellow players are prepared.
Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: I love playing on all of Blocktopia's servers and enjoyed playing them all at some point in time. I joined the Blocktopia community in October 2011 and joined the forums this past January. I have had loads of fun with this community and wish to continue having fun. Why did I choose Economist? Well, I am interested in this field in real life and would really enjoy this job.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Operator:

Staff references(Staff role+): N/A
Time spent on the server: This is not needed. However, I have spent a good amount of time on the current SMP server.
Other server ranks (present and past): I was previously a Zombie Trusted, but I resigned due to loss of interest.
TeamSpeak: No, I do not have the proper equipment to use this and would prefer not to use this anyway.
How would you describe the responsibility of the rank you apply for: Operator is a large task for anyone, especially when the server is new and many players do not know all of the details of the rules. I have read over the rules and clearly understand them now thanks to the responses from Marn and Baker. As said by roob, an SLV member on SMP, operators sacrifice some of their gaming experience for the enjoyment of others. Since then I have decided to give staffing another go.
Tell us about your experience as a Trusted: I had a great time staffing for the zombie server back in the day. Although it wasn't fun to see people break rules, the job was needed to be done. Being a Trusted, I did not have the powers to temp-ban or ban, so I know how to contact an operator via forums or IRC for those jobs. I understood the rules thoroughly and was always on to hear new updates to the rules. I simply decided to resign because I lost interest in the zombie server as a whole. I will be honest, if I don't enjoy my staff position on Journey to Elysium, I will resign to the player rank, but not suddenly so that my fellow players are prepared.
Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: I love playing on all of Blocktopia's servers and enjoyed playing them all at some point in time. I joined the Blocktopia community in October 2011 and joined the forums this past January. I have had loads of fun with this community and wish to continue having fun. I have ready the Journey to Elysium rules and understand them now thanks to the responses from Marn and Baker.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trusted:

Staff references(Op+): N/A
How would you describe the responsibility of the rank you apply for: Trusted may seem like a small responsibility, but it is not. It requires as much hard work and determination as any other rank on the server. Trusteds moderate the server and make sure that there is no rule breaking occurring.
Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: I love playing on all of Blocktopia's servers and enjoyed playing them all at some point in time. I joined the Blocktopia community in October 2011 and joined the forums this past January. I have had loads of fun with this community and wish to continue having fun. I have ready the Journey to Elysium rules and understand them now thanks to the responses from Marn and Baker.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Changes are done, and I hope that you consider me for one of these positions!

storm886

Reaction score
Oh ok, I will put the other applications in there.

Hmm...you do have a point there Marnixxie. Operator would just be Economist without the economy part. Alright, I would accept Operator if not Economist and Trusted if not Operator.

EDIT: The changes have been made Marnixxie.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Although you understand that all of the ranks you applied for have a great responsibility, we sadly cannot see this back at you in the application.
It could be just because you misunderstood of making applications, by seperating Op and Staff Role, such things.

Don't take this out of your way to work your way up, and eventually get the rank by then.
But till then I wish you the best of luck, and lots of fun!

• Love
Reactions: storm886
Status
Not open for further replies.