Status
Not open for further replies.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
In-game username: std1997

Time-zone: GMT -6

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
As always, I will try and spend as much as I can during the day/night on the server, which seems to fall in the range of 3-4 hours. I am also trying to improve on being AFK during this time. It's been a huge problem for me lately to just alt-tab for 30 minutes or so during a round and just do something else.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
I think an Operator's duty is to moderate chat, contain spammers, and remove griefers while at the same time providing a fun environment. I also believe an Operator's duty is to be active in the RoF forums such as map submissions, staff applications, etc. Doesn't mean you need to post on every single thread in creation but I think it's their job to do so.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
I've been a full Operator before and I know a majority of what most other applicants would not about the ins and outs of the server. I feel I've also been able to get to know the staff team fairly well, not saying that other applicants wouldn't, but I'd like to say I know everyone on the staff team fairly well and could call most if not all of them a friend.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
My weakness as always has been my maturity, which if anyone knows me which I'd hope you would as an Operator is pretty blatantly obvious. I know it's kind of odd to see someone constantly have the same weakness in every application and seemingly do nothing to improve upon it but I gurantee you I try to improve on this and it is a constant struggle for me. It shows when I'm playing or talking in teamspeak at times but I feel even with my weakness, I'm still able to perform my duties as an Operator. I will always try to improve upon this and I'm always open to advice on how to do so.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
If there was another Operator online, I would immediately ask them for their advice on what to do and what I should do to proceed. If I was the only one online then I would try and fix the problem myself but even then I still couldn't fix it. I would immediately try to grab another Operator+ through IRC/TS. If the problem involved server issues. I would immediately attempt to get dirt or a Controller on to fix it.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
Previous Operator on RoF

(I know a lot of people probably have this question so I decided to add it on in order to answer some questions people probably have.)
Weren't you just Operator a month ago? Why didn't you just go on away instead of resigning and re-applying in a month?
Well. I was Operator a month ago and I did resign. I resigned because I had been planning on doing a lot of things over the summer, such as getting a job, summer camps, volunteering at places. Which all but one has fallen through currently. I also have other personal things that I had to resign over which involved the server but I've already discussed them with some of the staff and I feel those issues have been cleared and settled and would no longer be an issue if I was to become an Operator again.

References: Butamou
CaffeinatedKitty
XxNyxoxx
Tamzies

Kevin_28
WiiGoGetter
Coolioruless

Thanks for reading!
std1997

Last edited:

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
First to get this out of the way, +1. Now, you're a former RoF Op. You had your reasons to resign, which I understood when I was told. In server, you're really friendly. You help players out and hold a friendly chat with everyone. You're a good guy and, from my understanding, were a great op before. You're on quite often, too. From my knowledge, I see you on frequently. At least a few hours a day. I can't see why you shouldn't come back to RoF staff. Even though I've been telling you to re-apply for a while, I'm glad to see that you're ready to come back. c:

• Thank You
Reactions: std1997

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
I'll keep this short and sweet.

You're an incredibly fun person, and you're pleasant to be around. When you're playing, you tend to be active and you know a lot of players. You can be "immature" at times, but so is everyone else, and this "immaturity", isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it shows you can lay back and have fun without being strict, something a server such as RoF needs. I referenced you for a reason, and I believe you've continued to hold all the aspects necessary for an operator position. For all these reason, I'll gladly vote +1 on this application. We all make mistakes and I believe that's no reason to hold back, as you have learned and shown you are good for this position.

• Thank You

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Although you had to resign only around a month ago, personally I found you as an extremely fun guy, laid back but you'd still LAY DOWN THE LAW operate in an effective and mature way. From what I'd experianced you were a great previous Op and you've always been helpful. Although recently I've had dwindling ontime due to my school I still believe you'd continue to be a great operator of you were to be accepted again. +1

• Thank You

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I haven't known you very long, and I only got to see you as an op for about a week. But in that week, I believe you did an excellent job. You're a lot of fun to be around and fun to talk to. I believe it is important to interact with the player base regardless of rank, and I believe you have done just that.

Since I'm on trial myself, I can't officially vote, But I'm in full support of your return. Good luck!

• Thank You

Tamzies

Reaction score
Hey Stddy!
I have always seen you online as an operator in my evenings and you were great as a staff member. We always talked through message and those conversations were super memorable. You had to reapply for operator three times last time and I think you only need one this time around. It is so weird to see you in blue now and I wish to see you back to purple! I will not make this long, because I see nothing that is wrong with your application or with your in-game behavior. You are one of the fun operators that are not too strict, but do follow the rules and I like that about you. You were one of the reasons that I wanted to become Operator and when you resigned I actually felt like I was missing someone. I will hope your app gets accepted, but I have no worries that it will not. Your reasons were legit last time and I hope you will stay very long now.

My vote will be a very big [BCOLOR=#00ff00]+1. [/BCOLOR]

Tamzies Out!

• Thank You
Reactions: JayJay and std1997

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
As shown by my reference, I approve this application do believe that you were great as an operator and will be just as good this time around. It was sad to see you go, but now that you're reapplying, I can't wait to see you staffing again! You are a wonderful addition to the server, very friendly as well as helpful, and I see no issues with you becoming staff once again.
In the wise words of Tamzies, my vote will be a very big +1.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.