Status
Not open for further replies.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
In-game username: Std1997

Time-zone: GMT -6

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day? I try and spend at least 2-3 hours daily on RoF though, thanks to my school schedule, I've been unable to spend as much time as I'd like to and I'm sure that will pick up as the school year comes closer to a close.

What do you think the responsibilites of an Operator are on this server? I think an Operator's duties are to moderate the server chat, control griefers and remove hackers in order to preserve the atmosphere that Blocktopia tries to provide on the server. I believe this server is a fun but still mature atmosphere, and Operators work to make sure it stays that way.

What sets you apart from other applicants? Although I was demoted in my previous application, I was able to learn a lot from my experience as a Trial Operator, and I believe that gives me a unique perspective compared to other applicants. I've been able to learn from my previous applications on what Operator+ are looking for in an applicant. I also know the ins and outs of the server somewhat well, so I'd require less training on how to do many commands.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member? I believe my greatest weakness is and always will be my maturity. I was demoted previously for what I believe was the fault of my weakness, and this time around, I will not allow it to become a stumbling block. I also believe that due to my failure in my previous application due to my lack of maturity, it shocked me into action on working on my weakness and becoming more mature.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with? I would, firstly see if the problem was something I could handle myself. If I would require help from another staff member, I would try and find another staff member in IRC/TS to help me.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have? I was a Trial Operator on RoF.

References: Biblius, Kevin_28, Butamou

Thank you for reading!
std1997

Last edited:

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Thank you for your patience as our forums attempt to hold on to life.

Std was an applicant who never got to show us his full potential the last time he was a Trial Operator. The decision to fail his last application never sat well with me. I didn't feel he was given a fair chance to really show his better side, and for this reason I have agreed to have std be the only applicant to be referenced by me on this round of applications.

On all other applications I have decided not to vote; I do not want to sway the opinions of the other staff. I also want all staff to feel that they can speak openly, and not be afraid to be honest about their opinions and feedback. I am more than willing to make an exception in this case, however, as I felt std's demotion was a hastily made decision.

We must consider several aspects of Std's character. Let's first talk about his tenacity; as we can see, this is his third app. I myself have never had an application rejected more than once. And to be honest folks, it's hard enough when it's only once. Std has put himself under intense scrutiny and critique three times. Of our current staff team, the only one who has ever had to apply that many times was Coolio, and she wasn't even denied on all of those instances. Tenacity is key. The knowledge, experience, and maturity can be there, but without tenacity it is useless.

Along with this, he is someone who can look at and openly admit his weaknesses. While we do include a question directly asking what someone's weakness is, many people dodge the question. They say it's something like not speaking English as a first language, or saying how a weakness is actually a strength. Neither of those options answer the question. Std was honest about his weaknesses, and that he continues to try and improve himself. This speaks volumes to me.

RoF is in a time of change. In the course of a month, we've lost the two people who led the server from it's begining. We've gotten a new director, and a new controller. We've lost 2 of our long-time Veteran Operators, and we've also lost some Operators along the way. February was a hectic month. In March our goal should be to build up and establish the authenticity of this new part of our server's story. We want the best and brightest, most committed and tenacious staff to join us in this wonderful new part of RoF's history.

Is Std one of the best and brightest? Is he tenacious and willing to do whatever must be done to fulfill his duty? I believe the answer is yes. For this reason I vote +1, and hope that all staff, regardless of their opinions, will at least consider what I have to say.

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hi STenaciousD1997,
Reference: Biblius post

I agree with Biblius that I really don't think we've seen all that you can bring to this server. I definitely see a huge potential in you and I know you have a quality that, once it has been given time to develop, will turn you into one of the best ops we'll see on this server. I feel that, though you slipped up on your first run at operator, you grew in understanding and maturity. I certainly hope you will be given that second chance and I look forward to see how you do.

Sincerely,
Kevin_28 (The Rocketeer)

• Thank You
Reactions: std1997

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I've observed about STD, he's always been a great guy to talk to and mess around with. Fairly mature in game, and like Kevin and Biblius said, has some unseen potential. Granted, you messed up on the first trial, but I'm more than willing to overlook that and give you a second chance. I normally don't really advocate that, but you've just got that much potential. I'd hate to see it put to waste. Add in that this is your third app, and persistence really is key to success in a multitude of things, including applying to staff on the server. You know your way around RoF, you're good with the playerbase, you're good with most staff, so I'd say a second trial at least. I can see you having a great future as staff on here if all goes well.

+1

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
I really cannot add anymore to what Kevin, Bib and IQ have said.

I do think you derserve a second chanse and I also think you have a lot of potential!

+1

• Thank You
Reactions: std1997

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
First of all, before I get to deciding, I wanted to say that I am a bit dissapointed that not all my staff voted on this application. I or anyone else shouldn't be telling each of you that you need to vote on applications especially since they've been submitted 1-2 weeks ago. I don't want to hesistate to wait any further.

Now, at the start I was a bit iffy of this application. I still am, but to be honest it wouldn't be fair to decline this application. You've improved yourself so much ever since your last application was denied, so i'm going to give you one more chance at this rank. I have very high expectations this time on your end, so don't dissapoint us.

On Trial, don't fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.