Status
Not open for further replies.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
In-game username: std1997

Time-zone: GMT -6

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
I'd say I would spend about 2-4 hours daily but thanks to my school schedule. this is of course liquid and maybe more then 2-4 hours.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
I think an Operator's role on the server is to maintain a fun and exciting server but at the same time maintaining a sense of order which means making sure people are doing what they are supposed to and not doing what they are not supposed to.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
I think due to my involvement on the server and on TS, I've been able to hear/learn alot by talking to ex-staff members and current staff members and learning from their mistakes/experiences so I believe I know what the people of RoF need/are looking for.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
I believe my greatest weakness is my maturity sometimes I just don't know when to stop trying to be the funny guy and actually be serious and handle the moment with a more serious attitude.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I would of course instantly ask one of my colleagues and if they didn't know the answer to the situation then I would log on IRC and ask someone on there.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
I currently have no previous staffing experience on Blocktopia.

References:
Biblius
63Littlepiggy63
Harold1995

Thank you for your time,
std1997

H

Harold1995

Hi std1997.
You are a great guy and an awsome player i have seen you help alot of players and have seen you explaining things, You are really active on forums and also on RoF from time to time. Your maturity needs work as the same as i had but we've spoken about that already! I would have liked to see this application be more detailed and have more time invested in it, other then that i think you should be ready for staffing. +1

D

DarkHender

I'll have to go with a 0.
As you say your maturity is a weakness of yours and that worries me alone.
Though, I believe you could change that if and or when you set your mind to it. With my recent lack of activity I haven't been able to observe you in the last few weeks. If I see you improve your maturity before the application closes I'll consider a +1, though for now a 0 stands.
Good luck with the rest of your application!

Edit:
Deciding to go with a +1 now, STD has proven to me that he's capable of controlling his maturity and I've noticed how very active and helpful he has been this last week/two.

• Thank You
Reactions: Suikae and std1997

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Normally, I'd be critical of an application with shorter length. However, you've said things clearly and to the point. Some staff feel a need to explain themselves thoroughly, like myself, while others feel as if less is more. I suppose both approaches have good reasoning. And while I do think you may want to answer the questions in a bit more detail, it's a nitpick at best. Let's get on to the app itself.

Std is someone I've been watching for some time now. He came to me a while ago and said he was interested in staffing. What I immediately noticed was his eagerness to listen. It's so important to listen before acting. Std does an excellent job at receiving feedback and criticism. He's also very involved within the RoF community, as can be seen via his forum activity.

RoF is not an easy server to staff, and we're fortunate to have a very experienced and friendly staff family here. However, many staff such as French, Coolio, and recently, Harold who've had no previous experience in Blocktopia, have done an exceptional job at staffing this server. New blood is vital, and I believe std would be a fine addition to our staff team. I vote +1, and wish you the best of luck!

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
You've been really active through-out the past few weeks. I saw you being friendly, helping, and social with everyone.
You know the rules well; when you see someone breaking the rules you tell them about their mistake, the rule they are breaking, and if something is really wrong and getting out-of-hand you ask a staff member to fix/ help, very mature. Also, you are very active on the forums, which is very good for someone who needs to keep up with news, maps and our player base.

I definitely think you should go on trial and see how it works out. Good luck +1

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Because of my damn timezone issue, I haven't seen you on all that much. Unfortunately, when I have you haven't personally stood out to me. This may be due to seeing you such little, or me afking while checking the forums.
I'm going to go with a 0 for now. If I see you on more, I'll consider to change my vote accordingly

EDIT: After seeing you on more, I have seen you can be mature and present yourself in a manner as to control a situation as best a player can. I believe that you can benefit our staffing team. Take my +1!

• Thank You

63LittlePiggy63

Piggalina
Reaction score
Website
mouvementdefleur.com
I think you'd be a good addition to this team. You're mature, friendly, and I can see how you enforce the rules as a player in a controlled manner. I do agree with Harold though, this application seems a bit lacking. I'm sure you could have added more! All in all, +1. Good luck with the rest of your application! c:

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Okay honestly I'm going to go with a 0 (leaning to a +1) I see you helping out time to time however to me you honestly don't stand out of the crowd for me

I've made up my mind and I'm giving you a +1
However, I do want to see you helping a bit more...

• Sad
  • Thank You

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Hey std,

We're sadly going to decline this for now.

I'm going to be brutally honest here, but from the past few weeks that I've been watching you I haven't really seen much in terms of helping out on the server. We feel that this is the only problem that's holding you back from us deciding to give you the rank. If you take some time and improve on this, then you'll definitely be qualified for the rank next time if you decide to apply. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.