Status
Not open for further replies.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
In-game username: std1997

Time-zone: GMT -6

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day? Lately, I've been only able to spend about an hour or two online, but I'm hoping as summer approaches that my schedule will be more available, so I can be on more.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server? I feel that over the time I've played I've been able to witness what an Operator's goal is. I believe that their duty is to set the standard for how people should act and to maintain a fun but orderly server. I also feel that they're supposed to be able to handle any situation (no matter how silly) with maturity and as much professionalism that can be mustered. I also believe an Operator's duty is to take care of troublemakers by either banning or kicking them. Also they're responsible for voting on staff and map apps.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
I believe I've been able to see how Operators are expected to behave by the current Operators I have met in-game. I have also learned how to be a great Operator by talking/hearing/receiving feedback from our current Operators both in-game as well as the forums and teamspeak.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
My greatest weakness in my previous application was my maturity, and I believe in some ways it still is. I will try to be better about it as time goes on however I feel it's just something I will always struggle with. Now, my previous application was also denied due to my lack of helpfulness, which I believe I've improved upon. Also, as I've played more on the server I've familiarized myself more with how things work, where things are and how the server at large works.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I have numerous ways of contacting other staff members, and I'm certain if there was something I was ever unfamiliar with that one of them would be more then willing to lend a hand.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
I currently have no previous staffing experience in Blocktopia.

References:
Biblius
63LittlePiggy63
Suikae

Thank you for taking your time to consider this application!
- std1997
(special thanks to Biblius who corrected a majority if not all of my grammar errors.)

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Right, as I said on your last application, I feel as if you're ingrained in our community. This means you understand what the players are wanting to do in the course of the server. You yourself are at least a Master, so you've worked on the server to get that far. Along with this, it's your second time applying, after your first app which was ignored for 2 weeks then denied. It shows a great deal of tenacity as well as commitment. Std has admittedly had issues with maturity, but he who is aware of his own weaknesses can easily overcome them, and I'd argue he's very aware of such.

I vote +1, best of luck on your application!

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Pretty much what Biblius said, also from what I've seen from you, you are a friendly and helpful to newcomers to the server and if you keep this up, I think you will be a great addition to RoF​
+1

• Thank You
Reactions: std1997

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Good luck!
As much as you do want to wish people good luck on a staff application please do not do so in here. Applications are designated for staff and the applying player to post on, only them. If you want to wish people good luck in the future please do it on his or her wall.

(No need to respond to this)

• Thank You
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't had a single bad experience with you, and you're very friendly with most people you come into contact with. Couple maturity issues that you say are being ironed out, I'd be willing to advocate a trial for you at the very least.

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
Basically all what Biblius said. You're a very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable player, and I definitely think you should get a chance. I do think that you can try and improve your matureness, but as you said- you're working on it and that's great. +1 good luck!

• Thank You

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
From what I've seen of you in game, you are a friendly person who is helpful to not only the older players who you know, but also the new players who are just starting out. Your maturity is a small issue, but you've identified it and you're working on it. I think you're definitely worth a trial at the least, take my +1! :) Good luck!

• Thank You

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hey there,

What can I say, bud? Like an STD you are very infectious in that your joyful attitude has the tendency of spreading to others. Unlike an STD, players actually enjoy to have you around. You know the rules very well and you have no hesitation in reporting griefers. Though to be honest, I'm not quite sure how you will be in enforcing the rules and putting your foot down, because you seem passive for the most part. I still think it is worth it to put you in a trial run and I look forward to see how you do. +1

Sincerely,
Kevin_28
AKA The Rocketeer

Suikae

Dat Typo Queen
Reaction score
Std's maturity has definitely improved over the past few weeks, and is an overall enjoyable player who is well known within the community! You're friendly, welcoming, and sweet, but you know when to put your foot down. You've grown since your last application and it wouldn't hurt to see you on trial at the least! +1
Good luck!

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.