Starter Packs

scottbot7000

Reaction score
When a new player joins mid-round, most of the time spawn is already flooded and impossible to build a house and survive the lava meaning they are stuck at spawn and not having a great time.I think when you join the server you should begin with couple of simple items in your inventory like:
  • a couple of sponges
  • a set of armour
  • a set of tools
  • a couple of stacks of stone bricks to build a house :)
I don't think there's a setout thing, soz if there is ;)

Pink_bunny20

Reaction score
Great idea Scotty, I think this is a wonderful idea. I still remember when I first joined the server and I was struggling trying to survive the lava, I think this would help out the new players alot.
Great idea
~Pink :)

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I've always wondered why RoF didn't have starter kits for new players. Wait, do new players get a good amount of cookies to buy basic items at the store?

Back to the starter kit--
Leather armor
Stone tools
Stack of dirt
8 apples
1 sponge
1 emerald

Pretty basic items minus the sponge and emerald. But those two could be test items for the new player to see what the sponge/emerald can do.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Great idea Scotty, I think this is a wonderful idea. I still remember when I first joined the server and I was struggling trying to survive the lava, I think this would help out the new players alot.
Great idea
~Pink :)
Err I think you pressed wrong rating:
Like x 2
rawrmynameisrexraxo2222
Dislike x 1
Pink_bunny20

-----
Hmm I like this idea.
I think stack of dirt is bit redundant, if you get stone tools.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
While overall a good idea it would be prudent to ask why the original kits were removed in the first place. It consisted of an enderchest and I forget what else.
The original kit was far less useful then what your propositioning. Despite the original kit having an enderchest given, again it was far less useful then giving tools, armor, food, building material and lavaprotection.

So most likely unless your kit charges a player for each use, or the kit is a one time use, I don't see a greenlight on a much more comprehensibly useful kit then the removed one.

Then again things change.

Elandrir

The dutch moose
Reaction score
This is a really Nice idea, when a new player joins I give always some stuff but I don't always have it. I would like to get this on rof

Reactions: JayJay

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
On the one hand, chances of this scenario happening are exceedingly slim and too niche to really call for a 'starter pack'.

On the other, first impressions are everything.

I'll give it some thought.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
I know my first impression of Lava Survival was a little lack luster. o3 o

I feel like having a starter kit might be a good idea, but you'd need a lot more items to get started in a flooded map, and that's kind of overkill already.

I personally don't know how it should work out, but having new players join in the middle of a round where spawn's flooded already would be a bit confusing and boring. :p

superhalo6

Reaction score
On the topic of first impressions is everything, is there any way of fixing that Guests aren't spawning in the tutorial (and that they need to relog to be counted as the Player rank)