[Sponges are now saved in your /inv] Loss of Sponges at Logout..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I dislike the fact that if you have an amount of sponges that you didn't use, and it's ready for you to logout, the sponges that hasn't been used are lost at logout. Since I can't rank up any higher, the only thought I put into using cookies is on sponges so incase anyone who needs help unflooding that is within my area I will be able to help.

I understand that I can just save up the cookies and buy sponges whenever someone needs help to unflood, but it would be really commendable and helpful for me if the sponges that I had stacked up to use at anytime weren't lost when it's ready for me to logout and I haven't used an amount of sponges.

Reaction score
Hmm, it won't be a bad idea.
And yeah, adding a new column to an existent data table is possible
This is up to the Head Controllers
I need to start to learn about MySql c:

Reactions: Ronaldo

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Actually not, you don't get one sponge for every login. You only get one per login. However, this doesn't stack up the number of sponges if re login. You will keep on having one sponge unless you buy more but as stated. The sponge doesn't store. I hope that explains that.

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
All this is understandable, but what happened, if you say had someone that decided to log-in then log-off, log-in log-off.
All just to start gaining free sponges?
Wouldn't that be a problem?

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
When you log in at a new 24-Hour Period I believe based on the Game Timezone (Not too sure), you get One sponge. When you log out and re log in not using that sponge, it does not Stack up. If the free sponges you get stacked up when you log in, Buying the Sponges would be Useless then. Which is also Something to consider about the free sponge thing If the Stacked sponges you keep during log out was amended to the game.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
The main reason why free sponges were implemented this way was that people have a chance to fight the lava when they join mid-game.

Another field in the DB won't hurt and the code WinX needs is called before the server starts. It will add any missing columns to a table, you'll be able to figure out the rest. Could always add a check to see if they've not logged in for a while and they have < 1 sponge, they get one free.

Reactions: Ronaldo and Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.