Space Engineers

Scrable

Reaction score
I guess many know this game already, but somehow there was no thread for it (or at least I couldn't find any)

Space Engineers is a voxel-based space simulation game with a Creative and Survival mode.
In Creative mode the only aim is to do whatever you want. Create custom weapons, ships, even capital ships.
It also has some simulationary (yes, I know that's not a word) aspects, but it doesn't focus on realism. One example would be the thrusters, you need one in every direction, otherwise you aren't able to accelerate into that direction or stop from going into the another. Gyroscopes are also an important thing.
But the best about this, are the collisions. The armor blocks can be deformed and destroyed, which leads to some pretty neat collisions between two big ships.

I forgot: There are some starter maps to choose from, if you go survival, do NOT choose the empty one, since you will have nothing to build with and nothing to breath with.
Oxygen is a major factor as well as energy in your suit, which powers your jetpack. You can recharge it by going to a Medibay or sit into your cockpit, if you have a ship available.
To get oxygen you need to mine ice and transform it into oxygen and pump it into a closed room, don't forget the airlock. Then just walk in, take off your helmet and you have oxygen, don't forget to put it back on before going into space.
Oh and there are still no planets, but they are coming! And they are huge and round, unlike Starmade.
And there is also the possibility of building things like this:

But it is actually mainly about ships and gathering of ressources.

Reactions: Fragile