Snowfall's City Application

Sploorky

Reaction score
City name: Snowfall
City theme: A cold northern city with a warm spirited community.
Introduction of your city: It has been two months since I have stumbled into the town. I have grown into a respectable member of the society, even being trusted with overseeing the new construction of the port. Jerry walks up beside me.

“We're being put into the Election to be the next official city of the land.”

I stroke my newly grown beard.

“Interesting, interesting. It's strange to think I, just a lowly traveler freezing in the night, am overseeing the growth of one of the most prosperous towns in the land. We would be the first city if we are approved, yes?”

“The first city not owned by the government, yes.”

I muse to myself.

“Jerry, tell me how Snowfall was created, please.”

He thinks to himself for a moment.

“We started as a small amount of people, cold and starving in the snow. We had enough supplies to make one axe, and with an almighty swing, the first tree fell. More fell after, as we made a shack, chests, beds, an actual house, roads...it grew. We grew, all of us. It's amazing to think of it now.”

I've heard this story many times by now, but I don't tire of hearing it.

Let's go for a walk, Jerry. I'd like to take in the sights, the people, the...everything. I love this place. Thank you for rescuing me those months ago, Jerry. Snowfall has become the greatest thing that's happened to me."

Snowfall is a snowy town with much in store. With winding roads, housing and public areas, and truly stunning sights, it is a great place to behold.

The approximate coordinates of the citycenter: -300x, -700z

Members(included yourself and leaders):
Citizens:
Shande(Leader)
WinX64(Trusted)
RonaldoSkillz(Leader)
GoldenValley(Leader)
Settlers:
Paceboys(Leader)
Jolteon42(Leader)
BrickWolf(Leader)
blackcat817
pittboss2015
snowflake57
midnightgirl24
Araidian(Trusted)
vati180
cheeseman21
MindCrafty
63LittlePiggy63
RD4Life
Jammy001
Epicys
Txcinthehouse
Torty(Trusted)
IamGreg07(Trusted)
Sploorky(Leader)
WiiGoGetter
Nomads:
Choclate_God
CatShafiz
Omar_Sales
TheFurion101

Shopkeeper(s): Three, Selling the following items:

Spruce Log
Jack o Lantern
Melons
Minecart
Carrots
Fishing Rods
Reed/Sugar
Obsidian
Pots
Paintings
Juxebox
Feather
Weak enchanted items
Weak potions
Leather
~Prices are still up in the air. Expect this to be edited, or talked about with head staff/future economist.
Portal: Portal to Carthage, Portal to City
Prefered tag: [Snow]

Screenshots of the city:

Why should your city be official: Snowfall has grown monumentally from when it became a town. We have changed from a couple of friends with the idea of making a cool place to live in for the new SMP to a thriving hotspot for players old and new alike. We've constantly been working towards expanding snowfall, and ever since city applications have been open, we have kicked into overdrive to become the first city of Journey to Elysium. Our amazing builders have been taking in our every request and perfected all our structures. Our fantastic members have been working together to gather the emeralds needed to buy all the special features, showing extreme dedication to Snowfall. How much I've seen people work on this town, this home, is astounding. Thank you all.

paceboys

Reaction score
City name: Snowfall
City theme: A cold northern city with a warm spirited community.
Introduction of your city: It has been two months since I have stumbled into the town. I have grown into a respectable member of the society, even being trusted with overseeing the new construction of the port. Jerry walks up beside me.

“We're being put into the Election to be the next official city of the land.”

I stroke my newly grown beard.

“Interesting, interesting. It's strange to think I, just a lowly traveler freezing in the night, am overseeing the growth of one of the most prosperous towns in the land. We would be the first city if we are approved, yes?”

“The first city not owned by the government, yes.”

I muse to myself.

“Jerry, tell me how Snowfall was created, please.”

He thinks to himself for a moment.

“We started as a small amount of people, cold and starving in the snow. We had enough supplies to make one axe, and with an almighty swing, the first tree fell. More fell after, as we made a shack, chests, beds, an actual house, roads...it grew. We grew, all of us. It's amazing to think of it now.”

I've heard this story many times by now, but I don't tire of hearing it.

Let's go for a walk, Jerry. I'd like to take in the sights, the people, the...everything. I love this place. Thank you for rescuing me those months ago, Jerry. Snowfall has become the greatest thing that's happened to me."

Snowfall is a snowy town with much in store. With winding roads, housing and public areas, and truly stunning sights, it is a great place to behold.

The approximate coordinates of the citycenter: -300x, -700z

Members(included yourself and leaders):
Citizens:
Shande(Leader)
WinX64(Trusted)
RonaldoSkillz(Leader)
GoldenValley(Leader)
Settlers:
Paceboys(Leader)
Jolteon42(Leader)
BrickWolf(Leader)
blackcat817
pittboss2015
snowflake57
midnightgirl24
Araidian(Trusted)
vati180
cheeseman21
MindCrafty
63LittlePiggy63
RD4Life
Jammy001
Epicys
Txcinthehouse
Choclate_God
Torty(Trusted)
IamGreg07(Trusted)
Sploorky(Leader)
Nomads:
Choclate_God
CatShafiz
Omar_Sales
TheFurion101

Shopkeeper(s): Three, Selling the following items:

Spruce Log
Jack o Lantern
Melons
Minecart
Carrots
Fishing Rods
Reed/Sugar
Obsidian
Pots
Paintings
Juxebox
Feather
Weak enchanted items
Weak potions
Leather
~Prices are still up in the air. Expect this to be edited, or talked about with head staff/future economist.
Portal: Portal to Carthage, Portal to City
Prefered tag: [Snow]

Screenshots of the city:

Why should your city be official: Snowfall has grown monumentally from when it became a town. We have changed from a couple of friends with the idea of making a cool place to live in for the new SMP to a thriving hotspot for players old and new alike. We've constantly been working towards expanding snowfall, and ever since city applications have been open, we have kicked into overdrive to become the first city of Journey to Elysium. Our amazing builders have been taking in our every request and perfected all our structures. Our fantastic members have been working together to gather the emeralds needed to buy all the special features, showing extreme dedication to Snowfall. How much I've seen people work on this town, this home, is astounding. Thank you all.
as founder i would like to approve this message

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
My word, what fine development Snowfall has shown since the server began. Not only the First Town, but now you aim for the First City spot as well. I must say I am impressed, and you beat out both Crucia and the fever dream that was my own town's City app. You have a well-polished settlement that the players have worked very hard and spent a great deal of time as well to get to the point where you are at the time of application. I am excited to see where Snowfall will go from here should it become Elysium's First City.

I give a definite +1, and wish you the best.

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score
This town has definitely expanded. Still, expansions are still being made and projects being worked on. The layout is mighty fine plus the theme is still present in the town! Homes have good upgrades, a new port with more building being made, and the organization of all is woderful. Also, I normally see at least 3+ snow fall members online and active. Meaning I think this settlement will be a long lasting one. I can safely say this is city worthy!

+1

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Have taken a look round the town, and it's size is certainly impressive. It has expanded dramatically since it became a town, however it is somewhat dissappointing to see so many of the buildings rather empty. Then again, I suppose this could be regarded simply as capacity to hold more players, and expand the clan further.

One thing that makes you stand out to me as a potential city is the attention to detail, and little bits and bobs around the town. You have offices, a town hall and more (ahemstripclubahem), which, in a way just makes it a more unique and personal place to be.

In my short journey through the town, I also saw evidence of organisation, which is further shown through the appointment of Leaders and Trusteds in your ranking system. This suggests a well planned out settlement, not the small band of friends it once was. You have been very inclusive and welcoming as a town, happy to have new people join and not just ignoring newcomers.

Another positive is the emergence of shops already within the town, such as 'The Bunnery'. Even though it would of course been infinitely better if it were to be called 'The Bakery' (;)) , it shows development beyond a few houses and a farm, that I may see elsewhere.

One thing I will say however, is that progress does seem to be slowing down a bit. From taking a poke round, all that seems to be added recently is more houses, in order to make the town much larger. All I fear from this is that it suggests that ideas are perhaps running thin, which could potentially cause interest to be lost if City status were to be gained and Snowfall reached what could be seen as, its peak. You may very well have plans for large scale projects or even just a load of little ones of course, but as they were not outlined in the application I had to point it out! Of course, secrets are fine, and I'm not going to go poking around your secret projects!

Sploorky

Reaction score
Baker93 First off, thank you for the detailed response. I'm glad that you liked how it looked. I can understand how you would be worried about building progress being brought to a stop, but do not worry, we still have some plans in store.

Talking with a couple of builders, our current big project is finishing the port. We're adding more stores and tourist hotspots(I know crafty is working on the something there, and we may even sneak in changing the wool on the lighthouse into Florida Gator colors before shande sees and changes it back :(). Pretty sure we'll be adding some ships to it too. BrickWolf recently finished reworking the graveyard, and araidian is focusing on making a school. If our city application goes through, I believe we will be making a portal room for the portal to the spawn town. Some things that are planned, but not being worked on now, are a butcher shop, an armory, and maybe a clock tower. There might be some other projects in store, but none I can recollect as of now. We kind of just think of things, then start building.

Reactions: MindCrafty

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Mark these words: There will never be an end or a peak to Snowfall anytime soon. Progress might be slowing down a bit for us (for reasons such as our resource amount and the amount of time that some of us have nowadays), but we will have much planned to offer as time passes through, as well as adding unique buildings and/or tourist attractions that both newcomers and older players will want to come and browse for themselves. We want to make sure that each player will be satisfied with what we have to offer to them, which will be guaranteed by the time we finish.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
I am impressed with how Snowfall has grown between now and your town application a month and a bit ago. It is good to see there are often members online, perhaps not as talkative with the rest of the server as other settlements, but nethertheless being friendly.

With the gap between the port and the main town, I can certainly see there is still space for expansion, and some room for projects, which hopefully is of the same standard as the rest of the town. Aesthetically the town works well, it's not scattered and unplanned, but neither is it too rigid and structured, it's a good compromise.
I like that you've made the farm slightly blend in with the rest of the town. Although personally I prefer farms a tad better integrated, but it certainly fits into the town a lot better than other's farms do.
On another aesthetic note, I like that you've integrated 2 beacons into the towers. However I think the first one in the middle of the town, doesn't fit well.

On the shopkeeper note, I think it seems rather too many items for just three shop keepers, I'd more imagine a total of 9 at most. Although of course, there is bound to be some negotiation on that later!
As Baker noted, it's nice that you have some shops already, and hopefully with the addition of shopkeepers, you will have nicely themed shops for those too. (Hopefully in reach of me ;) )

I'd be happy for Snowfall to be a city, you've certainly expanded well, fit nicely into the surrounding area, and it's nice that you have members in a variety of timezones.

GoldenValley

Donor
Reaction score
It is good to see there are often members online, perhaps not as talkative with the rest of the server as other settlements, but nethertheless being friendly.
You should see our clanchat
Scratch that, it may be better that you don't.
On another aesthetic note, I like that you've integrated 2 beacons into the towers. However I think the first one in the middle of the town, doesn't fit well.
Well, it IS the fist beacon we made, and we had no other place to put it at the time. I do agree, however, that it could be revamped in order to be better incorporated into the town's design. Personally, my ineptitude in design and I can only think that covering it up would maximize it's aesthetically-pleasing virtues while also maintaining it's usefulness; but that's why we have Shande for these things :p

Q

Qube

As it has been said above the town has indeed expanded a lot since your town application, and from what i'v seen you are still a very active and talkative clan (well mostly in clanchat, but still!;)).

The town still looks very good when i walk around it, and i think you guys stuck to your theme nicely! There are a few bits here and there that looks a bit out of place, such as the modern looking boat in the port, and i feel there might be a bit too many beacons placed around the town for my own taste, but i understand that they are useful.
I'm happy to see you still have plans for expansion and working new structures such as the port for your town, and i'm looking forward to seeing them when they are all done!

And as Alka said above, we probably wont be able to give out shopkeepers with all those different trades, but if the town gets accepted we can discuss the shopkeepers trades and prices at that point along, with the location of the portal to Carthage from Snowfall.

All in all, i feel feel Snowfall could do good as the first city of Elysium, especially if you keep working like you have up until now!

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Well with a very clear majority I feel more than comfortable approving Snowfall to be the First City of Elysium. The settlement that started off with a couple of people on Teamspeak picking a spot on the map to run to and build on has progressed to become the First City of the server. You've worked long and hard, and the titles is well-earned. Congratulations.