SMP- Blocktopia's First SMP Scavenger Hunt!

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score
“Blimey! I seem to have lost all me loot! Ahoy, matey! I’m givin’ ye a task. A task that only ye can handle. Travel around the world, find me booty. And return the loot back to I. Beware, lad. There’ll be dangers, monsters and drunken pirate on yer journey. There will also be an award for the capture of the items. Treasure chests full of rum and goods. Read below if yer up for the task! “
-Captain Ivan, the eye scorcher
Alright ladies, listen up. Time to grab your compass, map, and any other gear you would want. I wanted this event to be somewhat of a beta test. This is how it is going to work:

1. There will be twenty-seven clues scattered across the SMP server by using signs. The signs will give a clue to the next sign. Here’s a quick orientation on how the signs will look like:
The first line on the sign is the clue number. The second and/or third line will tell you what is needed to put in the chest. The fourth line will give you an approximation of where the second clue is by coordinates. So you will have to look around those coordinates. The signs will always be placed on bedrock.

2. The clues/signs will be placed above ground. It will never be in mines or deep in caves. They will be either underwater, plains, deserts, you think of it. Some will be hard to find and some will be easy. You just gotta keep your eyes peeled.

3. Signs will have numbers on it. The numbers relates to the item slot of the chest. So if the clue #2 says to collect a Sand block, place the sand block item slot #2 of the chest.

4. First one to collect all items and send LagWarrior a picture of all the items in the chest (IN ORDER) wins ONE chest full of Cake, ONE Chest full of cookies, and Captain Ivan’s Legendary Gold armor (and possibly more).

Da Rules
1. There will be no use of fake signs/clues. I have the coordinates of each and every twenty-seven signs.

2. Do not grief/modify any signs.

3. Don’t attempt to hide signs by covering it with dirt, gravel, etc..

4. Don’t ‘camp’ the signs. That means do NOT use the signs to watch and wait for people to come and kill them.

5. Have fun! May the best man/woman win!

If someone manages to break any of the rules here, they will earn themselves a (temp) ban.

FAQs
1. Can we work as a team to find the clues?
- Yes. You can work as a team if you would like. Remember, there will only be one winner.

2. I can’t find the sign at all. Did someone grief it?
- Perhaps. If you think that happened, contact LagWarrior. He will check the area if the sign is there on not.

3. Can we exchange clues for other clues/ items? I.e. I want clue #13, I can tell you what you need in exchange for clue #16?
-Yes. It is okay to do that, but you might be put at a disadvantage if you do so. ;D

4. Do we have to look for the items in order?
-No. You do not. You can find any clue in any order you want as long as I get the items in the chest in the correct order.

5. How are we supposed to arrange the items we find?
- Clue numbers will correlate to chest slot numbers. They go in rows, like this:

If you have any more questions, ask them under this thread. I will edit them in the FAQs

The first clue is:

• Creative
Reactions: Notme

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
King found the last one first. Congrats to him. I found it second, after he pointed me the right way. Poor duffie, gave up and went to sleep i think. How are we to submit this? You want an ss of the chest contents, should we post a link here or pm it to you? (i'll pm mine for now just in case.)

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score
Congratulations to K1ngHoward for being the first to complete the scavenger hunt!
I enjoyed to see people participating and having fun! Just for that, I am giving away some runner up prizes! The first FIVE to complete the hunt and send me a picture of the chest will be awarded!​
Thank you guys for making this a success! There will be another hunt in the future!​

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
This thread is lies. Sure it's the first one on THIS server, but phantom did a scavenger hunt christmas 2010 for SMP, where the only way to find the secret rooms was to look for a small patch of snow somewhere silly :p

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
This sounded quite good fun, I wish I had a chance to play it, hehe :)

• Agree
Reactions: balloon98