Skylake City (by RejZoR)

RejZoR

Reaction score
Website
www.rejzor.tk
I've been building this for several days now and it's slowly turning into something i've wanted to make for ages. A city far above clouds, inspired by System Shock 2, Bioshock, Star Wars and a lot of my own imagination and random decisions. Thanks to some nice op (sorry i forgot the name :( ) who promoted me to [Builder] so i can quickly build stuff that would otherwise taken me forever to build.

You can find Skylake City on the main BuildBox map, just follow the big "E" statue and then the white tram rails up to the city.

Future plans:
- Power plant (either on sugar cane fuel, water turbines or solar powered)
- Airship dock with airships (we can meet if anyone can build nice looking ones) DONE!
- Airfiled (probably next to the Airship dock)
- Add a flying helicopter above Skylake Tower DONE!
- Finish both tram stations from the BuildBox spawn up to my city
- Completion of the Skylake Tower lobby with all the roads

Skylake City elevator
Full fledged and operational pistons design elevator which doesn't work due to server lag (bummer).

Skylake City Grand Oak
Multistory oak. It's big, thats wh it's called Grand Oak.

Skylake Lake
Lake in the sky. You don't see that every day...

Skylake Central Park
Still a bit rough around the edges but it's there, you can also find smaller parks all over the city.

Skylake City Sugar Cane Farm
Main plant for sugar manufacturing wbich is the main ingredient for the candies :)

Skylake Tower
30 floors, 127 apartments, stairs all the way to the top where you can also find the helipad. Apartments are ready for the citizens (furniture not supplied).

Skylake Water Condensation Unit
Since there are no rivers in the sky, this condensation unit is generating a pure liquid water for the entire city.

UPDATED 2013/01/12

The promised helicopter...
It looked better in my mind but you soon realize the blocks size does limit you a bit when making smaller things...

Skylake Airship Port
Let me first state that i did NOT made these airships. I've copied them from the BuildBox area. If the original builder is reading this, please drop a line so i can add proper credits on the map and here.

View from the docks...

Departing airship...

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
This is freaking awesome! I'm actually excited to see you finish this up. Will you be putting this on your plot? Also, you can probably do a /setwarp -- to this place or on your plot so that other players can easily find it. Nice work!

RejZoR

Reaction score
Website
www.rejzor.tk
Tram is built to the very point where i'm still allowed to build.

As for the plot, are plots big enough to store stuff this big and even bigger?

RejZoR

Reaction score
Website
www.rejzor.tk
I don't mind the normal world really. More ppl can visit it plus i have no limits around building. And since the world is not filled yet, it should remain as such for quite some time.

RejZoR

Reaction score
Website
www.rejzor.tk
It's hard to make things look modern and high tech in Minecraft with wood, rock and cobblestone textures so the iron is a must. Still, it looks better while you're actually walking through the city compared to still pictures where all the white might get in the way slightly. I especially hate the fact that there are no stairs in black wool or iron texture so i had to opt for the brighter birch wood. Which sort of fits ok in the environment.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I'd actually prefer the iron blocks over any of the other types. It gives the city a futuristic feel as opposed to the wood blocks that would make me wonder why there's a flying wood house up in the sky.

RejZoR

Reaction score
Website
www.rejzor.tk
I also made one massive build like 2 years ago on some survival server. Made a big oak farm, harvested loads of wood and then made whole city on trees out of wood. Sort of like those tree houses in Star Wars 6 (Return of the Jedi) made by Ewoks. It looked quite nice but it was far from anything techy or modern.

RejZoR

Reaction score
Website
www.rejzor.tk
Few extra screenshots. Airship Port is now completed, i've also added a helicopter above the Skylake Tower. I hope you guys like it :) Airships courtesy of an unknown builder, if anyone knows who made them, plz let me know.