Shortened /buy

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking, it sometimes gets hard to so /buy ______, especially when you are rushed and need to buy something. Envision this:
in hallway
Terre936 is at the end
you need a rocket
/buy 2 rocket
too slow!
Welp, I think it might help to have a shortened /buy just for those dire moments when you NEED something. I think a good command might be /b, but with my new knowledge of the pre-existing /b command in other server softwares I'm not quite sure if it would be that good. Either way, I feel there might be a small benefit to having a /buy shortened.
And also, if possible (I doubt this) we could have a BUILT IN HOTKEY SYSTEM, where you can set /h to do something such as /buy 5 pistol, and if it wouldn't be too much /h1 and so on, but that would require a lot and I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort and such but just an idea.
Thanks guys, hope you enjoyed a PIECE OF MY MIND

Chao

Reaction score
I was thinking, it sometimes gets hard to so /buy ______, especially when you are rushed and need to buy something. Envision this:
in hallway
Terre936 is at the end
you need a rocket
/buy 2 rocket
too slow!
Welp, I think it might help to have a shortened /buy just for those dire moments when you NEED something. I think a good command might be /b, but with my new knowledge of the pre-existing /b command in other server softwares I'm not quite sure if it would be that good. Either way, I feel there might be a small benefit to having a /buy shortened.
And also, if possible (I doubt this) we could have a BUILT IN HOTKEY SYSTEM, where you can set /h to do something such as /buy 5 pistol, and if it wouldn't be too much /h1 and so on, but that would require a lot and I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort and such but just an idea.
Thanks guys, hope you enjoyed a PIECE OF MY MIND
Oh god, I've been through that situation MANY times (Especially with Terre). So yeah, I think this would be a good idea. Maybe we could have a hotkey system (If there are any hotkeys, which I think there aren't yet implemented). But as vati said,
we need a working TNT server first

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
First we need a working TNT serv-...I'll spare you the rest. ;P
Frankly, I don't care for this. It's more strain on the server trying to track individual hotkeys, and multiple c4 upgrade was denied in part due to tracking issues. So no, I don't think this is a good idea.
A tip is to check /Inv when you're relatively safe, and refill then, rather than "ogodtheresanInonthereandIneedpistols"

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
I believe the issue would not necessarily be coding but rather saving it all. This would unfortunately require each person's "hotkey" preferences to be individually saved in the database, and with several hotkey "slots," this could potentially add up.

It's a good idea, but I'd suggest just buying more than enough weapons before the start of a round and just selling as necessary.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys! :D And yay, my first negative rating :) But yes, I was primarily focusing on the Shortened /buy, and the hotkeys just came to mind. But thanks, and yes I am aware the saving hotkeys would probably be what denies it if it is to be denied.