Shine

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score

Welcome to another map unveiling! Hope you guys enjoy it!

Name of map : Shine; /g shine
Creator(s) : JohnOgozalek
Dimensions : 64*64*64*
Round Time : 10 minutes
Diggable depth of the map : The majority of the map is [2] blocks deep
Physics : Off
Which server did you build your map on? : Hockeyfan's Map Factory
Number of secrets : One secret
.lvl file : http://www.mediafire.com/?ebh3w3ikxn882tb
Description of map. : The map is entirely op_aired, and I consider it a running map. It is a bit
similar in design to ancient and absolute, but not considerably. As well, all
water is op_water.
Screenshots of map : http://s1276.beta.photobucket.com/user/JohnOgozalek/media/Shine album/overview_zps5f983e41.png.html?sort=3&o=0
Thanks for reading! :)

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I don't quite like it.

The map has a nice theme which seems interesting...
But the map just seems to empty in my opinion.
There is no places to go to, no way to make an interesting escape or flanking maneuver to trick your prey.
It makes the map appear bland, and there really isn't much to do in the map.

It feels like a lobby map, increased in size, but still not quite fun enough to play on and enjoy.

I think this would be better more as a Mini-Map that other people has been preparing.
Shrink the map to a 32*3 square, keep the tower and add more walkways at different levels to vary up the ways people can actually get up onto the different layers.

It just NEEDS more things in it, or it doesn't seem very appealing to actually do anything on it.

(Also: I can't see any images besides the Eagle-Eye shot of the map through the photobucket link. I don't know if I'm just stupid enough not to see how to change the picture, or if it's just not working in general, so I may or not be getting the full sight of the map, though I do still feel it needs more things in it.)

• Informative
Reactions: JohnOgozalek

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
I don't quite like it.

The map has a nice theme which seems interesting...
But the map just seems to empty in my opinion.
There is no places to go to, no way to make an interesting escape or flanking maneuver to trick your prey.
It makes the map appear bland, and there really isn't much to do in the map.

It feels like a lobby map, increased in size, but still not quite fun enough to play on and enjoy.

I think this would be better more as a Mini-Map that other people has been preparing.
Shrink the map to a 32*3 square, keep the tower and add more walkways at different levels to vary up the ways people can actually get up onto the different layers.

It just NEEDS more things in it, or it doesn't seem very appealing to actually do anything on it.

(Also: I can't see any images besides the Eagle-Eye shot of the map through the photobucket link. I don't know if I'm just stupid enough not to see how to change the picture, or if it's just not working in general, so I may or not be getting the full sight of the map, though I do still feel it needs more things in it.)
The emptiness was actually, in the beginning, part of what I wanted with this map, but I understand how the playerbase might get bored with such limited places to run. I'll be adding some new things after this snowstorm that's currently hitting is over. ;)

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
I felt the same way about the emptiness at first, but after reconsidering, it actually looks nice being that empty, nothing else to focus on except the central structure. But, it could look better with new things aswell :)

Reactions: JohnOgozalek