Server messages reminding about the /rules

Gasy_Europeon

SURVIIIIVVVVVVOOOOOOORRRRRR
Reaction score
Today, I had an idea of the server using auto messages to players reminding them about rules.
It would look like this:

Player1 is playing.
after a few minutes,
*auto message to players*
Remember to stay reachable at all times as a human! And not make humans unreachable as a zombie.

So basically, the server would have auto messages that remind players of the rules.

These are the descriptions I have for the /rules.

Rule 1: NO ONE is allowed to hack, if you are caught hacking, you will be banned. Hacking is only allowed for Opref's and up.Rule 2: Remember to stay reachable at all times as a human! And not make humans unreachable as a zombie.
Rule 3: Remember to not spleef or push your own team! Spleefing or pushing the other team would be fine.
Rule 4: Remember to not tower or pillar! Towering or pillaring could eventually make you unreachable.
Rule 5: When hiding in a hole, remember that your spot must be 2 x 2 x 2 or open.Rule 6: NO ONE is allowed to abuse glitches or bugs. If you find a bug or map flaw, please report it to operator and up and they will fix it.
Rule 7: NO ONE is allowed to insult one another, insulting or excessive swearing could eventually get you muted/warned/kicked.
Rule 8: Remember to not have 3 block jumps in your jumpcourse, as they will make you unreachable.
Rule 9: Don't show bad sportsmanship, and use common sense. Lack of those two could get you kicked/warned/muted and even banned.
Rule 10: Remember to speak english in the chat, as this is an english speaking server. But you can speak in another language to one of your friends. To private message, type Name message, or use /whisper.
Rule 11: Using the WoM client with hacks on is NOT allowed on the server, so you would have to use /client hacks off and rejoin the server, or rejoin using minecraft.net.
Rule 12: Camouflage skins are NOT allowed, which means having a skin of a block in minecraft classic is not allowed, as it would be hard to see by players. Offensive skins aren't allowed as well, such as nudity, dictator skins etc.

Hope you like the idea. :)

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
Hey you forgot about rules 13 and 14!

But it's a neat idea gassy, though what dessern said is true, the messages might get a little floody.

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
while nice to remind people, I think players who know the rules would get annoyed by the constant unstoppable messages that pop up in their chat.

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
Useless idea imo. People don't actually listen to us unless we're talking to them specifically anyway. Only the select few do.

Edit: and then I realized this was in the suggestions sub-section, where everyone can see it.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Useless idea imo. People don't actually listen to us unless we're talking to them specifically anyway. Only the select few do.
Basically this. ^
Agreed. Not many players pay attention to chat like this. Even if we are specifically addressing them, such as if they are breaking a rule / whatnot, and don't listen / do anything but continue. So this idea may not change much.

Also: I believe a series of this has been implemented into Zombie for quite awhile now. The server occasionally, as always, has these announcements such as-
  • "Always obey the /rules"
  • "Keep your hiding spot open or a 2x2x2 hole at all times" (Or something similar)
And so on. Because of this, there really isn't much reason to input more of these announcements.

(Of course, the 2x2x2 announcement and some others could have just recently been put into the server because of the spark from this thread / idea, however, I believe they were indeed put in place before this thread, but just stating this in case I am indeed wrong on the latter announcement)

RD4life

Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
(Of course, the 2x2x2 announcement and some others could have just recently been put into the server because of the spark from this thread / idea, however, I believe they were indeed put in place before this thread, but just stating this in case I am indeed wrong on the latter announcement)
Yes, those messages were indeed on the server before you posted this message.
Although I think that the number of people that actually watch the chat is bigger than you expect.