Server Changelog (September 2015)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Changes to the TTT server (September 2015)

+ Added maps, removed maps (I don't remember exactly which were there before, so just see the new map list here)
+ Added models, removed models (I don't remember exactly which were there before, so just see the server addons here)
+ Added hats and trails to the shop, some of them with which you are able to customize.
+ Added poison gun
+ Added melon launcher
+ Added 'fixed golden gun' - you will only lose your bullet if you successfully shoot a target now.
+ Added taser/stungun (detective weapon)
+ Added barrett (sniper rifle)
+ Added tec9 (pistol)
+ Added pocket rifle
+ Added striker (which is now a low damage, high firerate shotgun)
+ Added TTT pistol pack (two pistols, Raging Bull and Remington, which were in the m9k small arms addon)
+ Added ignite station (traitor weapon). Looks like a health station but when a player uses it they are caught on fire. Unfortunately, the item description in the traitor menu is too large to read all of it and I can't seem to edit it.
+ Added silenced AWP
+ Added the new version of the harpoon (the old one seems to have been removed from the workshop). It can now only be thrown once but can be bought back as many times as you can afford. I've tried putting this in the description but it seems the way the addon has been setup means I can't edit the config file without breaking it. I'll keep trying to work on a solution though.
+ Added automated messages advertising the forums and reminding players to read the rules.
+ Added a welcome message that advertises our forums.
+ Simply saying "rtv" in chat will rock the vote now, as well as !rtv and /rtv. This is just because of the way I installed it because I couldn't get the other way to work properly. If people find it annoying that they can’t just say “rtv” to people in chat anymore then I’ll spend some time figuring out how to change it, because there must be a way somehow.
- Removed the ability to buy Traitor or Detective since some people complained about it sometimes making things unfair. However, if people want it back, I'll re-add them.
- Removed custom weapons from the pointshop and replaced them with base weapons. This was just to make the weapon shop more of a basic one where you could choose one of the basic vanilla weapons if you ran out of other options. Kind of like a last resort thing. And also if people wanted a base weapon they can now get one easily instead of searching through all the custom ones lying around the maps. Of course, if people want this changing, I'll change it though.
- Removed all m9k weapons apart from the assault rifles. This is so the server download isn't so big. I know there was an argument before that the popular TTT servers still have large downloads but do fine because they have an attractive playerbase, but since we're quite a small playerbase I think we need the download time to be as short as possible. If people really want the other m9k weapons back I'll be glad to add them but for now we just have the assault rifles installed. I also installed some of the other m9k weapons to the server separately (barrett, tec9, striker) so we still have some of the other weapons but not in a huge download pack.

Note: I'm aware that the 'killed by x weapon' texture is sometimes missing on corpses when an m9k weapon is used to kill them but as far as I can tell this is not fixable. If the errors really annoy people I'll have to use a different weapon pack because from what I understand, m9k is now pretty outdated. It shouldn't be too much of an issue anyway though - you can still see what gun they were killed by, it just has no image sometimes.

Last edited: