Seasons might be on the way.

TheMFreak

Reaction score
Well for those who follow Dinnerbone on Twitter, he has been heavily implying that he wishes to add seasons to the next update. He has already stated that he was working on a system to make the length of days and nights cycle throughout the ingame year, and is now asking for suggestions on Reddit as to what people would like to see if Seasons were implimented!

How's everybody feel about this? And ideas as to what you'd love to see if they added seasons ingame?

source - https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone

TheMFreak

Reaction score
Seasons? Oh cool. Only thing is how would biomes work? I.E. Hows tundra gonna be in the summer and desert gonna be in the winter?
I think that is why Dinnerbone is asking fans to compile what they'd like to see on Reddit; so that he can get a feel of how fans would like to see the Seasons when applied to things like biomes, farming, spawn rates, and so on.

TheMFreak

Reaction score
I'm sure the change in leaves goes without saying, but some of the other than that most of the suggestions given are just things like alterations to the speed of crop growth, changes in spawn rates, and increased rain/snow.

>.> I really hope they don't just use the seasons to add a bunch of little annoyances like that.

Amorix

Reaction score
I think it should be an option when you generate a new world.
Ya know, so that people who don't want seasons don't have to deal with them.
I do like the idea, though. I just hope they don't do anything stupid like making it to where crops can't grow in winter and plants start actually dying in fall.
It's realistic, but it'd be a large, annoying setback.

• Agree
Reactions: nitasu987