Seaside Summer Estate

The Phantom

Mr. Sexy Cobblestone
Reaction score
Greetings, programs!

I haven't had much time for Minecraft lately, but I've been gradually working on a house in my spare time. I wanted to make a Tudor-style oceanfront mansion, and so far, I have most of the exterior complete. The house is made from sandstone, dark wood logs, and black cloth.

I'll post more pictures in the future, including the interior when I get to it. Enjoy!

All the Best,
-Phantom

Reactions: One Survivor

The Phantom

Mr. Sexy Cobblestone
Reaction score
You're right, Iggy-- many do share that characteristic (a large majority, in fact). However, some of them don't; this is more common among Tudor Revival, which is more along the lines of what I've constructed.

Excellent observation, though! I used to frequently build Tudor-styled buildings in Minecraft, and the overhang was a major design element which did cause a few difficulties; making something with that level of detail symmetrical can be a bitch when you're working with cubic meter blocks. :p

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
You're right, Iggy-- many do share that characteristic (a large majority, in fact). However, some of them don't; this is more common among Tudor Revival, which is more along the lines of what I've constructed.

Excellent observation, though! I used to frequently build Tudor-styled buildings in Minecraft, and the overhang was a major design element which did cause a few difficulties; making something with that level of detail symmetrical can be a bitch when you're working with cubic meter blocks. :p
Interesting. Well, it looks nice so far, the only real problem being that chicken in the ocean infront of you.

IamGreg07

Reaction score
I've always liked this style of house. I even tried to recreate one when we did ceramics at school...then I remembered the brick layer was on the bottom >.<

Though by all accounts this is a really good build, though I would have chosen maybe a stone/wood floor for the outside.

The Phantom

Mr. Sexy Cobblestone
Reaction score
Though by all accounts this is a really good build, though I would have chosen maybe a stone/wood floor for the outside.
Thanks for the compliment. As for the floors, I can see why you may think it was made of another material. I did in fact use wood, as seen here:

C

Ciphered

As always, Phantom, you master ingame architecture. It seems my structure ideas may never be transferred from paper sketches to Minecraft, but I reassure you that your works are ultimately better than mine in most cases.