Sealed Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writr

Reaction score
Name of map: Sealed Arena
Author: Writr
Size: (65 x 65)
Map boundary: Center sponges at (-2059/-2060, 23, 640). Radius of 40 blocks (Just to be on the safe side, they can't get out anyways).
Kits:
Survivor
Runner:
- WOOD_SWORD
- BREAD|4
- POTION.8226 (Splash potion of Swiftness)
- LEATHER_BOOTS
Warrior:
- STONE_SWORD
- BREAD | 2
- LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
-LEATHER_LEGGINGS
Hunter
Dark Hunter (starting hunter):
- IRON_SWORD
- BOW
- ARROW|16
- LEATHER_LEGGINGS
- LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
- LEATHER_BOOTS
Archer:
- WOOD_SWORD
- BOW
- ARROW|32
- LEATHER_LEGGINGS
Halfling:
- STONE_SWORD
- ENDERPEARL|2
- DIRT|16

Random or choose kits?: Random
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/3gmGa/all#0

Notes: Being the first map I've made to try and submit here (I'm following the layout of Guinessis' Verdant Sanctum submission :p), I'm not entirely sure if I'm on the right track. The map is designed to be a bit smaller and more combat-heavy than some of the others, in addition to testing the players' ability to jump given all the jump courses and lava and such. There are a few secrets hidden about, however they aren't very difficult to find and I suspect that a round on this map would end fairly quickly.

Download Link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7233621/Sealed Arena Map.zip

Map Time: Doesn't really matter, given that the players cannot escape from the boundary of the arena anyways.

Code:
MapName: Sealed Arena
Author: Writr
BuildTime: 180
GameTime: 600
WorldTime: 13000
SpawnProtectTime: 5000
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    ==: Vector
    x: -2077
    y: 6
    z: 614
  ChooseKit: false
  OneKitPerRound: false
  KitResetTime: 120
  BoxChance: 15
Team1:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    x: -2077
    y: 6
    z: 614
  ChooseKit: false
Centre:
  x: -2049
  y: 12
  z: 604
WorldSize: 50
SkyLimit: 256
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: false
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: false
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: false
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: false
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
Kit:
    Juggernaut:
    Titan:
    - DIAMOND_HELMET
    - DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
    - DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS
    - DIAMOND_SWORD
    - BOW
    - GRILLED_PORK|16
    - WOOL|64
    - POTION.8258|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.8257|1
    - ARROW|64
  HunterLeader:
Dark Hunter:
    - IRON_SWORD
    - BOW
    - ARROW|16
    - LEATHER_LEGGINGS
    - LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
    - LEATHER_BOOTS
  HunterStart:
    Halfling:
    - STONE_SWORD
    - DIRT|16
    - ENDERPEARL|2
    Archer:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - BOW
    - ARROW|32
    - LEATHER_LEGGINGS
  SurvivorStart:
    Runner:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - BREAD|4
    - LEATHER_BOOTS
    - POTION.8226
    Warrior:
    - STONE_SWORD
    - BREAD|2
    - LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
    - LEATHER_LEGGINGS
If there are any glaring errors, please tell me and I'll do my best to fix them. Considering this is my first map submission I'm not really expecting it to get accepted or anything, but I figured I'd try to just get my feet wet. :)

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
The map seems a little plain in it's current state, with the bedrock giving a rather bland map finish. I could only really see a jump course and a room with wayyy too many mobs and a couple of trees. I'm not sure what made you think that hiding this:

behind some dirt would be a good idea but yeah, it isn't. An OP, unbreakable object such as this is never a good idea, especially when there are lava jumps as it will only lead to rages. I'm interested to see what other people think of it, as it clear you thought carefully at the layers of the map, but due to the lack of available flow in gameplay in the jumpcourses, and the inclusion of such a secret, I'm going to have to go with a -1.

Writr

Reaction score
Okay, I thought that it being bland might be a problem. I think that if I re-do it I'll probably make it larger, with more paths that connect - perhaps take out the lava and change that room up to make it a bit less blocky and suicidal (because, let's face it, there would be so many people turning Hunter simply because they fell in the lava).

To be honest I didn't think that the sign would cause that much damage - I'll admit I'm still fairly new to how the enchantments effect different stats and how much of an effect they actually have, so knowing my luck I'm guessing that sign is some sort of 1-hit KO weapon. xD

Thank you for your feedback, Baker. You've given me some things to think about how to improve upon it. :)

(so...yeah. Not sure how it works here, if you'll lock the thread since I'm going to go back and work on improving it or if I can leave this up and then just edit it once I've finished my work.)

Status
Not open for further replies.