Scotty12345's Operator op

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty12345

Reaction score
IGN: Scotty12345
Time-zone: GMT

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
4 to 6 hours each week day. Weekends very much any time between 12 mid-day and 4am to plug any staff gaps.
What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
As an op it would be my job to make sure the server runs smoothly. This will mostly be moderating players within the server and upholding the rules set in the server. It will also be my responsibilitie to alert a higher member of staff if the server is experenceing issues such as lagg or crashes

What sets you apart from other applicants? I have previous experence on all blocktopia servers, includeing ROF. I held a rank on Theones/blocktopia for just over 2 years. I can use this experence to judge situations quickly and effectively.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
My main weakness sometimes appears to be my matureity, although this is now very rare as i have been working on reduceing it. This was out of necessity due to the line of work i am in at the moment. My main strength is the ability to talk to players on the same level as them. This gives me the ability to talk to players on the same level as them.This not only allows me to get to know the player, but it also allows me to explain issues to them such as if they accidently flooded etc. I found this to be quite effective during my previous staffing stint

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
It all depends on the problem, if it is a technical problem such as how to run a command, i will ask any other available staff that are online. If no other staff are available i would look it up and make a note. If it is a player issue such as 2 players argueing, i will read the situation before acting. This will allow me to carry out my job in the most efficient way possible while minimiseing errors in judgement.

References: Biblius ,Forseti

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
I remember staffing with you on classic lava (good times!), and there's no doubt in my mind about you being able to handle it. I think you may have had some issues with activity back in the day, probably because of work, but let's just hope it doesn't come up again. ;p

I'm all for it! +1

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7
D

DarkHender

You've been online recently and I do believe you could be staff because you've held previous staff positions though I would like to see you help out more. I haven't seen you help out yet, but I know you were looking to become staff.
At the moment I'm going for a 0.
If you can show me that you do/can help out before this application is settled on I would be willing to lean towards a +1

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
I agree with what DarkHender said. I do see that you understand what is the purpose of being an operator and I do see that you're pretty responsible. But I didn't see you helping much.
As Dark said, if you disagree with what we're saying, please let us know and prove to us that you are helping. It's a 0 for now.

• Agree
Reactions: Forseti

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I hate to be the one to do this but... I haven't seen the degree of helpfulness that I want to see from you as someone I would want to have as an operator. By no means are you a bad player I just don't think you are ready for it. Sorry to do this but I am going to go with a -1.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
This the second time I've gotten to weigh in on scotty's app for staff on a lava server. I have known scotty for an upwards of 3 years, both as a player and as a member of staff. He stands out as one who has excellent experience, and as someone who would know how to handle situations newer to younger staff. Scotty is a guy who understands the standards of Blocktopia, and I've agreed to give him my very first reference as an Op here because I think he'd be good for the server. All I ask is that he gets a fair chance to prove he is truly dedicated to our community.

Tl;dr: +1

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Righto, so we (the higher staff) feel that you aren't quite ready for the position yet. As all the other OPs said, you are a great guy, had previous experience, and have some potential to handle situations. However, there are a few issues that we see with you right now on the server:

1: Your helpfulness

and 2: Your typing

As some ops mentioned, your helpfulness isn't as good as we would expect. Same issue with your typing as well. You've had issues with these in the past too back in the classic lava days. If you could take two weeks to improve both of these, then I have no doubts that you will be more than suited to get the position.

We have decided to deny this for now. Make some improvements, and we look forward to seeing you apply again in two weeks! If you have any concerns, feel free to send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.