Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map Name: Savage Boss
Map Author: Catcocomics
Game Type: Zombie
World Border: Self-contained
Download: /warp savageboss in Create
Round Time: start with 10 minutes, I think?
Minimum Players: 5

Prep Time: 20 seconds
Spawn Locations:
*Survivors spawn on the warp location
*Hunters spawn on any of these four things in the cieling:

It's dark, but the glowstone should be enough to guide you to the main arena.

Kits (inventories stored in shulker boxes, potion levels to be as displayed from inventory):

Dark Hunter (if applicable, otherwise put with other hunter kits after minor nerfing):
*Glim Reaper - Speed 1 (Eternal), Health Boost 10 (Eternal), Instant Heal 100 (5 seconds)

Hunter:
*Pumpkin Kid - Health Boost 5 (Eternal)
*Jack-o-Spook - Invisible (Eternal), Speed 3 (Eternal), Health Boost 3 (Eternal)

Survivor (no equipment):
*Limbo

Juggernaught:
*Silver Lynel - Speed 1 (Eternal), Healthboost 15 (Eternal), Absorption 20 (Eternal), Instant Heal 100 (5 seconds)

HP summary:
*Glim Reaper: 60 (+4 with apples)
*Pumpkin Kid: 40 (+4 with apples)
*Jack-o-Spook: 32
*Limbo: 20
*Silver Lynel: 80 + 80 (replenished only by golden apples)

Block Restrictions: No fun allowed (no placing, no breaking, no matter who you are)
Fall Damage: no
Insta-Zombie: no
Loot Chance: 0%

Other Rules:
100% chance to juggernaught on this map.

The Arena:

Last edited:
G

Guest35486

Hi Catco, thanks for the submission!

This map definitely presents a new idea, but it seems lacking. Currently, the map is just a square. Granted, the main focus of the map is the style of gameplay and PvP, but I believe that the actual map aspect is an important part of map submissions. The straightforward style of this map seems more like a FFA map, instead of a Zombie map. Its layout resembles Duel Island, since players have nowhere to run or hide and are forced to fight each other. I would like to see more.

Another concern of mine is your usage of potion effects. Perhaps actually giving the players golden apples or potions instead of a permanent effect would be better. This forces them to play strategically to be able to survive. They'll have to choose the times to use the potions while fighting others.

Also, Curse of Vanishing doesn't work on items in AoD. There is a drop rate option, but it is for all the items of one team. (Survivors/Hunters) Each team can have a different drop rate.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
The straightforward style of this map seems more like a FFA map, instead of a Zombie map.
I do actually have have intent for there to be an FFA version, though I submitted it as a zombie map first because I wanted to try and create a boss-fight type of map (which I sadly cannot do at this time because Juggernaught chance isn't currently determined by the map).
Its layout resembles Duel Island, since players have nowhere to run or hide and are forced to fight each other.
These two maps come from the same thought chain; I had originally wanted to make a good 1v1 map suited to the style of, say, Link vs Ganondorf.
Duel Island ended up being a Four Swords thing, and this map here became more like the original idea, except bigger and with more players and with a Halloween theme instead of a Legend of Zelda theme.
Another concern of mine is your usage of potion effects. Perhaps actually giving the players golden apples or potions instead of a permanent effect would be better.
In most zombie maps, such would be the case.
However, this version of the map was meant to utilize zombie as a means of creating a player boss fight.
Simply giving the boss a ton of notch apples would not do because they'd have to stop and hide to eat safely, which is impossible on this map without diving right into the lava pit below and becoming easy prey to arrows.

Speaking of the lava pit, there isn't much in the way of negating knockback, and having a means of instantly defeating a boss in this kind of setup would easily trivialize the entire fight, so I think I may yet have some design changes for the boss version.

But regardless, there's not much point in further discussing this map at present, since, as I was told (I forget who told me, might've been you), we can't yet decide juggernaught chance based on map.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the submission Catco
As well as the issues with Arelic highlighted, I have a few of my own which I think would be problematic:
  • The 100% juggernaut chance would mean that killing a player will often result in the Hope Destroyer achievement - this is mean to be a difficult achievement to acquire so I think its problematic having it on this map.
  • I find it too dark - although there is lighting, I think it'll be too dark to fight well
  • I think the lava and magma will be annoying to fight in - it is already a small map, and having these extra blocks I think will just ruin the game play even more
  • The map is probably a bit too small - you haven't set a maximum number of players, and actually 5 players as a minimum I already feel would be close to the limit
Although overall it is an interesting concept, I don't think the map would suit Aod very well at this time.
-Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.