SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
SalientGorilla's Operator Application

IGN:
SalientGorilla

Time-zone:
GMT

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
Roughly 2-4 hours a day. Matters what I am up to or school work I have. But, normally 2-4 hours a day.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
There are many responsibilities of a staff member. They are all as important as one another but, there are some main ones that a staff member HAS to do. These ones would be: de-flooding; helping players out; making the server as fun as it can be and most of all, being a rolemodel! A staff member is someone that a player looks to be like in the near/far future. But the main one is obviously, enforcing the rules. If a player decides he's going to break the rules, (This all depends on how bad the violation is) I'll tell him calmly and give him a chance to learn from his mistakes. If they follow to break the rules, it will result in a kick/ban.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
I have a vast knowledge of how to staff on servers. I would consider myself a mature, helpful and active player. I also have fun with the players while keeping a mature vibe in the air. I help out as much as I can when players are: breaking the rules; genuinely need help and/or want someone to talk to! As I sad at the beginning, I have a vast knowledge of staffing from, the fast-paced AoD and A&T to the creative BuildBox. I know how to deal with problems but keeping a calm vibe in the air! Since I have staffing knowledge on BuildBox; it will help me with knowing on how to check grief with Prism.

Not that this is a requirement but, I feel I have relativity good grammar. This comes across more stern and more mature. I believe it helps out staffing over-all.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
I get agitated quickly if I don't know how to explain something that is important or they don't understand something basic. I normally don't show this through chat, so it isn't that much of a problem. Another slight problem is my spelling. I'm not a great speller, but I give it ago!

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I give it a go! No harm in trying. After all, we all learn best from out mistakes. But, if I required assistance, I'd try and get some. After that, I'd go to another staff member and tell them what I had done and see what I should/could have done to improve for next time!

References:
Bram13
FrenchSanta12

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
SalientGorilla is a very serious player. As he said, he operates other server which give him more experience. He's a good player and a person. His problem isn't so bad since he doesn't express it in main chat. Sal you are a responsible person and I think you do deserve this. Good job on having two references. +1 good luck.

W

Wimali

What everyone else said. My only concern however is that you are already staffing on two other servers, and staffing on three servers at once just seems like too much for me- Would you be able to be active on all three? I also haven't seen you online too too much, but that might just be because of timezones. I'll give you a +1 however and just see how it goes.

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
I also haven't seen you online too too much, but that might just be because of timezones.
Time-zone:
GMT
Bram13 said:
Time-zone: GMT+1
..This is why sleeping normally is a good thing.

Anyways, I'm not one to talk about that, but at least my horrid sleeping patterns let me take a peek at people around GMT.. and I haven't really seen you as much as I wish. I honestly don't know you too much, but the impression you give me is that you could learn well, but (like bram pointed out) the whole three server thing is worrying. All in all, I think this application is great but a bit hasty, so I'll stand with a 0, at least for now.

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
Just like to say thank you for all the +1's! Also, I have been pretty inactive this week due to plans in real life due to this lovely weather in England (finally!) So, I am still here, just been very busy in the last week!

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Sorry, man. You're a decent person, but the higher staff felt that you aren't fully ready yet for the position for a few reasons that you may need to improve on.

Because of our buffed increase in staff members, we are expecting more quality from applicants. I have gotten reports about how efficient of a job that you have done in the other servers, and the results weren't what we expect out of you. If you do give effort to improve in your weak areas of your staffing poisition, then we may consider you in the future if you re-apply. Declined for now, hope to see some improvements in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.