S_swimmer's Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Account Name:
S_swimmer
Do you have any Premium alternate accounts?
No
Age(note that we value maturity over actual age):
14 (and a half!)
Timezone:
Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)
References (Op+, none are required but will help you significantly):
Tamzies, Chrisrocks300, MikeTang, iiDeathCookies
Approx. time spent on BB (use /ontime to check):
14 hours 30 minutes from last ontime wipe (which I am guessing is bb 2.0)
Not sure what my full time is, so I'm just going to say “months”
Previous staff experience:
I have had no staffing experience with Blocktopia yet, however I have been Admin on 4 servers in the past (2 of which were my friends', so those shouldn't REALLY count) and operator on about 2 others.
Other notable contributions/feats/skills?
I can ride my bike with no handlebars None
What do you think the role entails?
I believe this role entails, for starters, enforcing the rules of the server. Operators need to catch spammers, griefers, and people who are tainting the friendliness of the servers. Operators, I believe, also need to be able to set a good example. They shouldn't be too strict or too slack-offish, and should be friendly and nice to everyone. They need to create and maintain a friendly atmosphere for the server. They also need to keep a calm head. They should always be willing to help when they can, and should have a decent knowing of the server so they can answer the majority of questions thrown at them.
Why do you want this position?
Because I like purple

It's great to see the smile on people's faces (or in this case a smiley face emoticon) and it's nice to know that you're helping someone have a good time. The reason I want to be Operator is exactly for that reason. I believe Operators have the power to help people in a way that other players may not be able to, such as grief-help and enforcing the rules. Many times I myself have been disappointed when I needed help in the past and an operator wasn't there. I've also been sad when no operator was there for others and I couldn't help them with their problem (of course the ops now are more active butstill) Operators also play a role in creating and maintaining that wonderful mature yet immature, serious yet laidback, friendly and calm atmosphere that always keeps me coming back to Blocktopia, and I want to make sure that stays there.
Additional/final notes:
I suppose the only thing I have to say is that I may seem like a slacker at times but I can be strict when needed.

Thank you for reading.

Collosal

Reaction score
I referenced you because I feel like you're what we like to see in an op. I believe you know how to have a good time, while still staying within the boundaries that are necessary. Not to mention your building skill or the fact that you're an advanced builder, which will help tremendously with trying to review player's builds for builder. You're fairly active and when I see you on you're kind and playful to others. However, I feel that you can also be serious when it is needed. You seem to have a sense of humor which can lighten up a dull moment in the server, it brings it to life and chat starts flaring. You are without a doubt one of the most influential and friendly people I know on buildbox. I would love to see you on staff as I feel that you could hold this role with flying colors. +1

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Naoh shouldn't be rating this as optimistic. You are mature and trusted, for a start - shown by the fact you are an Adv Builder. You know when to be friendly, and when to be serious. Does your application not show you have a great sense of humour, too? Overall, you're a strong candidate with a strong application and you're getting a strong +1 from me.

Last edited:

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Even though i've resigned, i want to say that S_swimmer has always been an example of exemplary performance, being hand-picked for adv (correct me if im wrong) and holding for quite some time with no hitches in the road. He is well known & liked throughout the players and has a cool level head. I think he would aid you all in your staffing endeavors.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Swimmer, you're a mature and friendly person -- You keep the server lively with your amusing jokes and conversations and I think that anyone that you've interacted with would agree. Your building skill is top notch and I think that's an important thing to have when staffing a creative server so you would be able to give players advice on their builds when needed. And I'm certain that you will be able to be trusted with the cmds given to Ops.

Although, based on my logs, I'm unsure about your helpfulness with other players. I was looking through my logs of when you were active and I was unable to find instances of when you helped someone with WorldEdit commands or a gave a critique on a build. Either the opportunity for you to offer your help to anyone didn't come up or maybe someone else was already helping them? Or maybe I just don't have sufficient logs of your activity?

I'm not saying that you're unhelpful, but just in case -- in the future take any opportunity to help players out whenever they request it. Though I'm certain that you will be helpful if you are given a staff position.

Overall, I think that you're a great Moskau dancer and would require that you dance as such if you're accepted.

• Thank You
Reactions: S_swimmer

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I referenced you because honestly, I can't see a single reason why you couldn't be staff. You're helpful, friendly and you'd be able to give some awesome building tips to the players. You always brighten the server with your jokes and such, you help when needed, I honestly think you'd be great for staff. +1

• Thank You
Reactions: S_swimmer

Tamzies

Reaction score
Okay, I am finally awake and I think I am in the right mind to respond now. Swimmer, you are very friendly and mature player. I can see that people want to come to you with their problems and to ask you for builder. You are really funny and I can always laugh with you, although our Time-zones can make it that we just miss each other by a couple of minutes or only see each other for only an hour or two. I do not see you helping people often, but I can remember that when I was still an Advanced Builder I did not really help as much as I do now. For the Commands I think you can handle them just fine and I am sure you wont misuse them in your advantage. You will be an fair and funny operator and I think you need to stick to the funny person you are now, you can change yourself, but that will not work as good as you are just yourself.

You are a great builder and Terraformer and I think you can give advice and help to players and builders that require any help with their builds. Like I said you are a really fun person and I would love to see you as one of our purples. Your application shows what you get and I think it is absolutely brilliant and funny. I think you can manage this rank just fine if you just give everything you have, you need to really want this if you want to be a successful operator. I wish you good luck and I think you will make it as an Operator. I referenced you for a reason and I see potential in you. +1

(Maybe you should change your skin, people do not want to get help from someone in a speedo xP)

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
Naoh shouldn't be rating this as optimistic. You are mature and trusted, for a start - shown by the fact you are an Adv Builder. You know when to be friendly, and when to be serious. Does your application not show you have a great sense of humour, too? Overall, you're a strong candidate with a strong application and you're getting a strong +1 from me.
Know I shouldn't be posting here but whatevs. I did not intend to rate that "Optimistic", I had thought I had rated it "Friendly" and moved on. I happened to be browsing the app and saw your post mentioned my name, and the rating, and it has been fixed now! As long as I have the soap box at the moment, I am just going to add that S_swimmer is a fantastic, helpful, mature guy, who has contributed a lot to BuildBox! Anyway, sorry for the confusion on this, and I hope I did not cause any hurt feelings!

• Thank You
Reactions: SirComputer

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
You've proven time and again to be an incredible builder, exceptionally mature, and very friendly. Also got a very strong application behind you, a good history, you brighten up the server, and would be a more-than-ideal operator on BB.

+1

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I personally believe you would make a great addition to the team, and the opinions of the other staff reflect that. You have proven yourself time and time again as a valued member of the community and I hope to see you spread your wings as a staff member on this server.

Accepted on trial!

Status
Not open for further replies.