Ryan's Advanced Builder Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
Username: ryandodd
Time spent on the server: I'm 100% sure that it's above 48 hours.
References (Adv+): @chrisrocks300, @iiDeathCookies, @roboboy777, @S_swimmer, @Tamzies
Screenshots/warps of creations:
Screenshots

You can get to each build by using /warp ryanadv1, /warp DesertMirage, and /warp ryanaod1 as mentioned in the titles of the pictures.

I have always been told that quality is greater than quantity and I believe that is evident in these builds, as they are not large but I packed them with as many details as I could. Also, being a lobby, my AoD lobby concept was designed primarily for viewing from the interior.

Signed: ~Ryan Dodd

(Also thank you to everyone who referenced me!)

Last edited:

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Alright, let's start this off! Firstly, the detail in these builds is outstanding. Your interior is amazingly good. The only thing I can say to help you out is maybe practice exterior a little more. Secondly, you're a really friendly and trustworthy person, and there's not much else to say, it's as simple as that xP +1 from me.

• Thank You
Reactions: RyanDodd

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Hmm I believe Adv are still allowed to give their opinion here so...

I love the interiors they look great and lots of detail. However switching to the exteriors it needs some help. Not sure how to explain the exteriors Ill just say they look overly cluttered and detailed. Another thing, I'd like to see some varying styles what 'Im seeing here is basically sandstone and wood builds with leaves everywhere. How about try some more plain houses with different styles.

I'm honestly not sure what you were going for with the sandstone build it looks a little messy on the outside however the interior looks great as with most of your builds. I personally think you should've worked on these things before you applied. But still great work!

Good luck ryan!

Last edited:
  • Thank You

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
Hmm I believe Adv are still allowed to give their opinion here so...

I love the interiors they look great and lots of detail. However switching to the exteriors it needs some help. Not sure how to explain the exteriors Ill just say they look overly cluttered and detailed. Another thing I'd like to seem some varying styles what Im seeing here is basically sandstone and wood builds with leaves everywhere. How about try some more plain houses with different styles.

I'm honestly not sure what you were going for with the sandstone build it looks a little messy on the outside however the interior looks great as with most of your builds. I personally think you should've worked on these things before you applied. But still great work!

Good luck ryan!
Thank you Nog! I am going to continue working on the exteriors and will update the application when they are done.

Tamzies

Reaction score
I think you are better in interiors than exteriors, the interiors are fenominal, but the exteriors barely make it. The house looks nice, but it is not special. I like your builds do not get me wrong, I miss some terraforming, maybe some mountains or other things that show you have indeed proven that you can work with VS. You are very mature and I reffered to you. +1

• Thank You

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Ryan, I'm sorry to say this, but I'm kinda leaning toward a 0 on your Adv Builder request. This is based a few factors that I usually look for which your builds didn't satisfy -- Quantity, Detailed-Symmetry, Use of WorldEdit, various styles, and larger builds.

Quantity -- The lack of buildings or remnants of builds in both of your plots kinda scare me because it's hard to know if you've actually tested out different building styles or built for the hell of it. The way I see it though, is that you must have been satisfied with these three submitted builds and thought that you'd give AdvBuilder a try. I'd would have rather liked to see a few random builds and then these three submitted builds around your plot.

Detailed-Symmetry -- You may think that I'm OCD for doing this, but since the builds were small, I figured that It'd be much easier to spot inconcistencies in the details.

The lack of symmetry pointed out in these circles kill me. The larger circles should have been easy to spot and fix -- this is also noticeable on the other three sides of this house.

Here's another image that highlights minute details.
And here's the link to the rest of the images with details that could be fixed -- http://imgur.com/a/fZ1I1

WorldEdit -- You probably used a few WE commands to make these houses, but what I'd like to see is a bit of terraforming or maybe other WE commands within your plot. The terraforming doesn't have to be perfect (I lie -- it does) but just showing that you know how to use a few more WE commands could persuade me quite a bit.

Lack of Various Styles -- The two houses seem to have the same styled roof whilst one of the houses and your AoD lobby share the same building style in terms of use of blocks. This could go back to Quantity. If there were a few more random builds around your plot -- that used different blocks -- then I wouldn't have noticed this.

Larger Builds -- Your AoD lobby is the larger build of the three, but I think that it would have been nice to see at least one large build in your plot with the detailed style that you have shown in your current builds. And by large build, I'm thinking of half the size of your plot or more.

Aside from what I just mentioned, I think that the details in your builds are spot on. I just think that you need to work on a few more things to help you get on your way to AdvBuilder. And if you have any questions about what I have mentioned in this post, then feel free to ask me. Also, I hope that you understand that this is just a critique on the work that you've shown and nothing beyond that <3

• Love

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I like your interiors. With exteriors... I think the lack of symmetry sort of adds to the desert build. Perhaps a bit of terraforming could aid your builds? I also like your AoD lobby and the details included in it. I think I'll go for +1.

EDIT: @rawrmynameisrex As Ryan says below he recently cleared both his plots, I can also confirm he has done larger and equally good builds.

Last edited:
  • Thank You

tnm

Reaction score
Not huge amounts more to add, good interior, nice attention to detail and all the other things needed for advanced. I personally don't think the exteriors are that bad; sure, they could be improved slightly, but nothing stopping him of the rank.
+1

• Thank You

Collosal

Reaction score
I'll be going with a +1. I see you on quite a bit, I also believe you have the building skill to fit the position. You're one of the most mature players I know, so I'd love to see you in this position.

• Thank You

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Ryan, so after reevaluating your previous builds, the new house, and seeing you terraform -- I would like to give you a +1.
I like the new house that you made -- the large roof and the overall proportions of that build looks great. As for your terraforming -- I know that it was quick, but stuff like that takes time to make and perfect to your own preference -- though I appreciate that you decided to work on it whilst I was there.
Just a word of advice -- try to step away from your build often to see if there are inconsistencies with block placement if your build is symmetrical.

• Thank You

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Cool, I've had a look at your builds - your sense of close detail is astounding and I can see a lot of good coming from you having this rank.

Accepted!

@Nillbugwtw will have to promote you as it seems my promotion permissions are broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.