Survival Staff
Reaction score
What is your SteamID?

Dreadnought
STEAM_0:0:53399211
http://steamcommunity.com/id/HMS_Dreadnought

What timezone do you live in?

GMT+0

How many hours have you played on the server for?

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week?

Roughly 10-12

What prior staffing experience do you have?

I personally have staffed MC servers, which includes:

S1.MCEnderman.net - Head Administrator
KKRO - Moderator
Uniqueminecraft SMP - Owner

I have really only staffed game server on Minecraft, because of the ease of access that I have had. If you want to include websites which I have also staffed is including my most involved website which is sadly no longer existant: INSMA (International Numbers Station Monitoring Association) being involved in the Technical Department and also staffing the forums.

What do you think the role entails?

I think the role is there to help members have a good RP session, especially with a game-mode such as DarkRP which is usually ridden with people who want to ruin good RP. Therefore, you should have knowledge of the rules, which would both help you make a fair judgement in a situation or to identify a situation before it goes out of hand. Situations will always vary, as they do but you can categorise them into a certain group with appropriate punishments if needed.

However, as a staff member of DarkRP; you have to ensure that everyone is having fun, and having fun with RP which is the main goal of the server. Nobody likes to have their RP spoilt because of a person who wants to see them not having fun, so reacting quickly is essential before it goes out of hand.

Why do you want to be a staff member?

I personally want to get back into staffing, I miss the interaction that you usually get with staffing and how people are always appreciative of your work. I love to RP myself, so staffing a DarkRP server would help me to see other people's style of RP, for instance if they roleplay as somebody who is old and wise and is willing to give advice to other members in that RP scenario. I can emphasise with anyone who has their RP broken unfairly, me personally being involved in countless RDM's in multiple games such as Arma3 life mods. I would want to be in that shoe, the person who prevents these issues and to sort them out as fairly as possible and would allow me to improve myself as a leader and to most other people, have the satisfaction of helping others.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?

I personally have lots of experience in RP, and have become experienced in RPing with others. For me, previous staffing matters less than being knowledgeable in RPing, as sometimes you may have people who take the rules too literally and therefore miss out on that RP scenario and what that person was thinking. This ensures a fair judgement to all and not to be rash with ones ban.

I do have experience in staffing as I listed above, so I have the knowledge to hand out punishments and to be fair with everyone. I may not have staffed on DarkRP, but this experience would make up for it and also allow me to have a fresh field where I can mature myself.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?

I would ask someone who is more knowledgeable about that situation. It would allow me to learn that problem and to tackle it in the future. I would use my intuition too, for instance being able to decide for myself if I can approach that problem and to give the best resolution if I am able to. Being able to adapt therefore is key if you are not able to get information from others.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?

Nope!

How well do you know ULX? (DarkRP only)

I have used ULX for a bit, seems like a good tool to use and is easy to use too.

What would you do in the case of a MassRDM? (DarkRP only)

!bring the offending player to a nice quiet place, then !freeze. This allows me to control the offending player and to make them stop. Then tp the other players who are the victims/involved in the MassRDM; !gag all of them to stop them shouting at the offending player. I would then !ungag one of the people and allow them to tell their story, and to do this for each person; keeping one person !ungag ged at all times. Then after I get all of the reports, I will !ungag the offending player, making sure to !gag the rest or allowing them to get back into the RP. Then I would allow the offending player to justify themselves (so I can get a fair analysis of the situation).

Finally, I would decide on the punishment; ranging from a warning if the justification was good and to keep a close eye on that person (warning them first) to make sure that they do not repeat the mistake that they did. My bans would range from 3 days to 3 weeks. This would therefore ensure that the player knows that they did something wrong. This would be tied with a formal ban message, to make sure that this is official and not some sort of joke.

Last edited:

JoeisPyro

Possible Asshoel/Fungui
Reaction score
I like the way you would deal with the RDM situation +1
Also this quote did it for me
I would ask someone who is more knowledgeable about that situation. It would allow me to learn that problem and to tackle it in the future. I would use my intuition too, for instance being able to decide for myself if I can approach that problem and to give the best resolution if I am able to. Being able to adapt therefore is key if you are not able to get information from others.

• Agree
Reactions: StarBaker and Hex

StarBaker

Reaction score
Very well put together and professional I love your attitude towards this position. +1 from me