Rules Q&A thread

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If you break family rules, are those classed as server rules? So can someone be banned for breaking family rules, or will family rules always be managed by the family leader and the worst that can happen is being exiled?

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
If you break family rules, are those classed as server rules? So can someone be banned for breaking family rules, or will family rules always be managed by the family leader and the worst that can happen is being exiled?
Last thing you said, as a leader can basicly make whatever rule he wants, and it would be a pain for staff to try and enforce that. In addition it's no real reason for it.

Are you allowed to build traps that can kill players and collect the loot via hoppper if the trap is away from any chest storage area?
Yes, that is allowed. There do however have to be a way to get out, as if someone is dropped down to bedrock to die from fall damage, and they dont die for whatever reason they should not be trapped.
If no staff member is online to let you out, you are allowed to grief out, as long as you replace the blocks you break.

• Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

CaramelCow

Reaction score
What happens if you get banished from your family? Apparently lone wolfing isn't allowed but if you get banished you're basically a lone wolf. Also if you want to be by yourself are you not allowed to just join a family then wander off?

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
What happens if you get banished from your family? Apparently lone wolfing isn't allowed but if you get banished you're basically a lone wolf. Also if you want to be by yourself are you not allowed to just join a family then wander off?
Family banishment isn't something that will come lightly. If you're being that much of an ass, it will likely be server action long before that. I promise that anyone thinking "I'll just be a fucking douche to my family so I can go rogue and not deal with anyone" will not meet the end that they're seeking.

Jail time, fines, curses, loss of heroe's exp will come long before any kind of ban etc, but you'll probably honestly have to TRY to get those punishments.

Probably 99% of the situations where a family member breaks a family rule will either be an accident and not done again, or a one time warning from family leadership and a slap on the wrist. Repeat offenders are the ones that will suffer the in-game punishments, and like I said, if you're doing it just to piss everyone off, that's not gonna fly.

You're welcome to join a family and go live in a random forest somewhere. There's not much difference from that and lone wolfing it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Digitalis

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Double post oh no.

The family rules and happenings will be left alone by staff for the most part. Want a dictatorship? Cool make one. Want to impeach a leader? K go ahead. Want to ostracize someone you don't like and make some rule about not talking or interacting with that player? That's a no go.

Things like "KOS Primus" or "No raiding Gaia" or "This chest is for castle building materials" are fine. Rulebreakers will be handled in-clan. Repeat offenders or serious offenses can expect staff intervention like I mentioned in the last post. Generally, don't be a total cunt and you'll be fine.

Other than that, you'll be left alone but observed and guided when needed or asked.

CaramelCow

Reaction score
Family banishment isn't something that will come lightly. If you're being that much of an ass, it will likely be server action long before that. I promise that anyone thinking "I'll just be a fucking douche to my family so I can go rogue and not deal with anyone" will not meet the end that they're seeking.

Jail time, fines, curses, loss of heroe's exp will come long before any kind of ban etc, but you'll probably honestly have to TRY to get those punishments.

Probably 99% of the situations where a family member breaks a family rule will either be an accident and not done again, or a one time warning from family leadership and a slap on the wrist. Repeat offenders are the ones that will suffer the in-game punishments, and like I said, if you're doing it just to piss everyone off, that's not gonna fly.

You're welcome to join a family and go live in a random forest somewhere. There's not much difference from that and lone wolfing it.
That's what I meant by lone wolfing pretty much anyway, I wasn't planning on doing it but it would be nice to know if it's allowed.

Iggish

Reaction score
"E. Passive Mob farms should be limited to 25 creatures in TOTAL (of any type)."

So if you have a separate cow farm, sheep farm, chicken farm, rabbit farm, pig farm etc. you can have 25 of each?
So 25 cows
25 sheep
25 chickens?

Or is it 25 mobs altogether?

edit: also
"G. Artwork in item frames is an exception to raiding and may not be stolen."
Does that mean you can just hand all your armour and weapons and valuable stuff on a wall in itemframes and it is not allowed to be stolen?

Last edited:

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
"E. Passive Mob farms should be limited to 25 creatures in TOTAL (of any type)."

So if you have a separate cow farm, sheep farm, chicken farm, rabbit farm, pig farm etc. you can have 25 of each?
So 25 cows
25 sheep
25 chickens?

Or is it 25 mobs altogether?

Does that mean you can just hand all your armour and weapons and valuable stuff on a wall in itemframes and it is not allowed to be stolen?
Fuck, forgot to update rules on mobs. It will be 50 animal limit per family farm. Im not gonna care if its 51 or 54, but if you are having 80 animals in the family farm, you clearly don't care about the rule.

This is for passive (farm) mobs, a total animal limit. Wolves, cats, horses, if you have a personal sheep called Rainer, are not included.

Armor, weapons, and really anything valuable can be stole from item frames. Maps, other art and useless stuff can not be stolen.

Reactions: Iggish and Notme

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
No. Artwork is something very specific and you'll understand once you join the server.