Rule Suggestion

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
If there is already a rules suggestion thread, i apologize, please move this thread.
My suggestion is an additional rule:
Don't build fake cannons or flags.
Some people could say that its a "tactical" thing, that they build to help fight, but I think its trolling.
If you build a fake cannon/flag then the enemy just runs at it and when they get there, it turns out it is fake and wastes their time and ruins their experience on TNT wars. Its happened more than once that I've ran up and grabbed what I thought was the flag only to run back and realize later it was fake. It is blatant trolling, and again, ruins peoples' experience on TNT wars.

• Winner
Reactions: Luigi

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
It is annoying sure, but it can be used as a tactical approach (sorry). There are people who build fake c4's to scare people away but just end up pistoling them once backed up. It's a legit tactic, so is this. But the flags are not so that should be fixed.

• Agree
Reactions: properu

Inon

Roses are red, violets are blue
Donor
Reaction score
I wouldn't say building a fake cannon ruined peoples experience of tnt wars... mostly its just people who don't know how to make them.

• Agree
Reactions: balloon98

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
I wouldn't say building a fake cannon ruined peoples experience of tnt wars... mostly its just people who don't know how to make them.
Its trolling them. When they walk up to the cannon, they are like "oh, yay!" and then it turns out to be fake and wastes their time/effort. Also, people who don't know how to make cannons usually ask.
It is annoying sure, but it can be used as a tactical approach (sorry).
Even if it is tactical, it is still trolling them. That doesn't make it ok.
It has also occurred to me that you could op_block the area near the flag, but that would interfere with fighting around the flag

• Agree
Reactions: Luigi

Sploorky

Reaction score
Personally, I don't find it trolling. In my opinion, trolling is acting a certain way or doing a certain thing to get a rise out of somebody. If somebody places a fake C4, a fake cannon, a fake flag, it isn't to annoy another person, it is done to be strategic. As for ruining experiences, I don't find being delayed by fake items or flags to ruin the experience, rather heighten it because it adds on to the feel of a war simulator.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
If there is already a rules suggestion thread, i apologize, please move this thread.
My suggestion is an additional rule:
Don't build fake cannons or flags.
Some people could say that its a "tactical" thing, that they build to help fight, but I think its trolling.
If you build a fake cannon/flag then the enemy just runs at it and when they get there, it turns out it is fake and wastes their time and ruins their experience on TNT wars. Its happened more than once that I've ran up and grabbed what I thought was the flag only to run back and realize later it was fake. It is blatant trolling, and again, ruins peoples' experience on TNT wars.
It makes you more cautious. I honestly don't feel this is trolling, unless it gets to the point where all they do is build cannons, in which case it moves on to "Don't treat this like a build server."

Pretty much everything else that can be said has been said.

Reactions: RMcraft