Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
In-game username: RobotGator

Time-zone: EST

References: Sam_Winchester (purplepixies), Elandrir

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
5 to 7 Hours or so a day.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
Moderators on RoF have many responsibilities, some are hard, some take quick reflexes, and some are easy as just talking and being friendly with players. RoF Moderators have to be on gaurd at most- if not -all times. They should be looking out for bad players which will cause harm or annoyance to other players. Some players won't look bad but may turn out later to be a griefer or a troll. RoF Moderators have to always be watching out for these types of players. Aside from looking out for supposedly bad players, RoF Mods should have a good attitude, and show maturity, whilst still being friendly and out-going when need be. Out of my experience from being a Create Moderator, I've learned how to perfect this, and have learned to control my maturity and anger. Although, I do expect there to be players who will test my temper around RoF. There are big differences between Create-type players, and RoF-type players, and I'm accepted and put on trial, I'll have a chance to learn more about the RoF-type players and the differences between Create and RoF.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
What sets me apart from others could probably be my kindness and understanding towards players, and my tendancy to tell jokes and make people laugh and have a good time. I like to practice being not COMPLETELY serious all of the time every time I join, I like to be funny and make the server a fun place to talk and be at. This is always for the players' sakes. In fact, being a Mod is all about keeping the chat, and the game fun for players, free from trolls and obnoxious players, free from spammers and griefers. I try to keep this at mind when staffing a server- that its all for the players' sakes. Also, this might be a smaller thing, but I'll mention it anyway, I use full words and sentences, to be a better example to others, and simply just to not sound annoying in chat.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
I do very much believe I have weaknesses and limitations when it comes to staffing. I may try to figure it out myself in the moment, but usually, for the better of the situation, I'll contact another Moderator to help me out with the problem at hand, and I'll watch how they handle it so then I know how it should be done when the problem arises to me again. But back on topic, I think my weaknesses whould be players that test your patience and try to go beyond your limits, with players like this, I'll usually sometimes panic and lose all thought of whats right to do, and I'll go for the kick and then the ban after a small chat with the player, and sometimes I'll forget to msg to player instead if it requires a msg.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I would contact another Mod if they're online and ask if they know what to do, otherwise, if one ISN'T on, I'll try to do what I can to settle the problem, and keep note of the player and what happened in the situation to later tell a Mod or Mod+ about it. Then I'll try to take note of what they do in response and try to keep it in mind so I know what to do if the problem arises again. If whenever the problem looks like its dieing down, I'll try to let it, and try not to continue it any longer.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
I'm currently staff on Create, and have been for almost a year maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notme and std1997

superhalo6

Reaction score
You do have past experience, which I feel makes you capable to be staff here, but I feel I haven't seen enough ingame to come to a fair judgement, so I will have to give you a +0, apologies for the brevity of this response, as there isn't much I am able to say.

Last edited:

Elandrir

The dutch moose
Reaction score
Hey robo,

You already have a year experience and your very nice and helpful I saw you last week more and you're helping people out and participate in chat. I think you deserve a +1

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Robo

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Robo I'm sorry. You're right, RoF is very empty right now. In the event that we need more staff members I'll remember to give you a shout out to see if you're possibly still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.