RoF: Lava Survival in real life

W

Wimali

Just a small little story I'm writing on. It's basically Rituals of Fire, but in real life :D

A few notes:
- Cookies are, just like in the server, the currency of this world.
- Names of players are based upon their names, and if not, just random names I came up with. I haven't given anyones real name.
Prologue:

A day like any other

"Well, I'm sure he'll be able to handle the home by himself." I try to put a smile on my face while telling this to my wife, Princess. "Well yeah.. Of course he is! He's like mature, grown-up.. You and him have told me numerous times! But I just mean.. He's only 19! Isn't that a bit young to leave the house and start his own little shack?" She makes gestures with her hands in the direction of Harry, in the other room. "Don't you remember us leaving the house? I was only 18, and you were 16! Your mother also thought that was extremely young, but you disagreed!" She shakes her head and seems to get more frustrated. "Yeah, but that was something completely different! At least we had each other! Harry is going out there, whole alone, in a world that's completely different from ours! And he doesn't even have a lot of money!" Now it's my time to shake my head and I do it wildly. "No no, that's a lie. He has a lot of money, remember? He's been saving money since he was a goddamn kid, Princess. Remember when he was twelve and was like: 'Mom, can I put 5 cookies away every month?'. And he doesn't really need a lot of money, as he won't be buying lots of things. The only thing the boy needs is food, drinks, a small house and his computer. That's it. That's all." She sighs. "I know. But still.." After this she sighs again and tries to put a smile on her face. "I'm really starting to look like my mother, aren't I?" she complains, right before she leaves the room.

A few days later

"Goodbye, mom." Harry smiles. "I know you don't want me to leave, but this is really what I want to do." Princess nods, because she knows it is. "I know, I know. But why so soon? You could've stayed for a few more years, we really wouldn't have cared.. I mean, money is not a problem for us.. We could like--" Harry laughs a little and tries to stop her by putting his hand in front of her face. "Yeah yeah, I know money's not a problem. I just want to have my own house, you see? Eat whenever I want. Go to sleep whenever I want. I want freedom!" He waves one more time and makes moves to leave the house, but then freezes for a second and comes back. "Oh yeah, before I forget, I've left a little present for you both on the kitchen table. Something that might just make you less bored, now that I'm gone. Something that.. May like, I don't know, even save your marriage!" He laughs another time, because knows we both love each other and won't break up soon. I laugh to. "I'll go look at it!" After this our boy jumps in the car and drives away. Princess bursts out in tears. "He's gone! Now we'll only see him once in a few months! And he'll only visit us so we can do his laundry! And, and.." I try to shut her up. "Oh, leave him. He'll be fine, and I'm sure he's going to visit us at least twice per week. That's what he promised me. Now, let's look at the little gift he left us behind, shall we?"

But she keeps standing there, as if she would be frozen. "The dramaqueen", I think by myself, but at the same time I understand her. When I go back into the house and look at the kitchen table, I see a big envelope. Curious to what it may contain, I open it, and discover a large letter.

Dear Bram & Princess, parents of Harry, it reads,

You have been selected for the very first round Rituals of Fire, a lava survival tv-series containing normal people surviving in a world, while lava slowly eats through the world. Only some materials are safe. Only some people survive. Can you do this? Can YOU survive and go home with 1 million cookies? Try it now! Your family member or friend has put you on the list of possible players, and out of over 20.000 people, YOU have been selected!

After that it mentions a few more things, but this text is what jumped into my eye. I don't know what to do. Is this some kind of joke, or a real gift? I mean, it seems like we can die in this. Would Harry really risk us to die so we can win one million cookies? I'm not sure what to think of this. "Princess!" I yell. "Come look at this!" She reads it the letter and seems to be just as shocked as we are. But there's another letter on in the envelope, which seems to contain a list of people.

As everyone has been given up by your family or friends, you probably aren't prepared for this. No worries! If you don't want to, we're ok with that, and we'll just select some other people. Go to www.ritualsoffire.tv/players to see the other participants!

When we both went to our personal computer and opened up the link, we saw this, surrounded by pictures of houses in lava and an area that seemed to be surrouned with a weird, darks stone as background:

Current participants, who have accepted to play: (note: I've put the people they're based on in parentheses)
- Amelie 'French Santa' Bubble (FrenchSanta12)
- Dess 'Dessern' Flawker
- Gaius Gracchus (Gaius)
- Gale 'AngelVW' Vorturas-Wimpel (angelVW)
- Hoogilan (Hoogilan)
- Marlem (Marlem)
- Mike 'Miketang' Tang (miketang)
- Patrick 'l2everse' (l2everse)
- Peter 'Silkshadow' Shadow (silkshadow)
- Razinao (razinao)
- Ronald 'Ronaldo' (ronaldoskillz)
- Sam-Kris 'SK Douglas' Douglas
- Shande (Shande)
- Spencer (Spencer725)
- Steven "Thunderskins" Bornnude

Maybe you'll be added to this lis! Hope to see you soon, in the arena!
- Your headmasters Sploorky, Ogarci and Marnixxie

A few notes:
- Cookies are, just like in the server, the currency of this world.
- Names of players are based upon their nicknames, their ingame names, and if not, just random names I came up with. I haven't given anyones real-life name.

Finally decided to write Chapter I. I didn't really write on it because I seem to be even to lazy to do that, but finally got around to doing it today. However, it's a little different than the prologue: Not in first person, and also in the past. Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading it!

Chapter I| Telling the kids
Bram tried to put on a big smile while he looked at Princess, and said: "Let's call the children in, shall we?" She nodded and yelled at them to enter the room. Grace, their 12 years old daughter, Katniss, their 14 years old daughter and the 13 years old boy named Nick entered the room. They didn't really know why their parents were calling them. Did they do something wrong, unintentionally? Or did something happen… Grace inmediatley thought they were going to divorce. She ran into the room as quickly as she could. Nick was a little slower. He sighed. "What is it this time" they boy mumbled, even while no one could hear him. The only thing he wanted, was his computer.

Once all the kids had entered the living room, Bram coughed and looked at each of his children. "As you may have noticed, Harry left us a little envelope at the day he left." Katniss nodded. Was that why they had called them? To tell what's in the envelope? "Well, I know you've all been very curious to what was inside the envelope. Especially you Grace - and hooray for you, we'll finally get to tell you what's in the damn envelope!" Grace smiled a little. "It was a gift," Princess said "a kind of odd, but at the same time really nice gift. Harry registered us for the new TV-show Rituals of Fire." Katniss almost started yelling when she heard that.

"Oh. My. God. For that lava survival thingy? Oh my god! That's so awesome!" She almost jumped out of excitement. This was going to be so awesome. Her parents were in RoF, one of the most exciting new series of the year! However, Nick was less excited. "What? Why?" he asked, frowning. "Well, it's mostly because we feel like we're starting to feel like our love is… Something normal. Self-evident. Not like before we married, when we always were happy whenever we saw each other, and loved every single moment of us together. Harry noticed that the first, and that's why he registered us. I mean, our sex hasn't been that enjoyable lately..."

Bram blushed a little when he heard that and looked indignant, while the kids giggled. "and we just decided to bring our marriage to the next level. So that's why we'll be going to the Lobby in a few weeks!" Princess kinda ended here, not really knowing what to say. Why didn't they plan this better?

Princess tried to put up a smile again. Oh, for fuck sake, she thought, this is such a forced conversation. "Oh my god! I'm so happy for you both!" Grace screamed. It definitely wasn't a forced conversation to her. "I just KNEW something like this would be coming! This is so awesome!" She laughed and inmediatley got her cell phone out to start texting with her friends about this. "No no!" Bram stopped her, guessing what she was about to do. "Don't tell anyone until the episodes have started!" Grace put a sad face on. "Why not?" she wondered. Bram didn't really know how to explain. "Eh… Because! You just can't" The producers had told him and princess to not tell to many people about this. He didn't really know why either, honestly.

"But, isn't the whole lava survival thing like… dangerous? As in, deadly?" Nick asked. This made Bram turn white. He had hoped his kids wouldn't have thought of this. "Well, yeah… But, there should be a small chance of that. Whenever we feel like leaving the series, we can! I believe…" His son seemed to be pleased with that. However, a question popped up into Katniss' head. "But, but where will we be staying then?" This was a question Princess finally had found an answer on, yesterday. "Auntie Patricia will be taking you three in house for a few weeks. I'm sure you'll have great fun with your cousin!"

They talked for many more hours after this, when finally aunt Patricia came and took the kids to her home. However, her husband kept talking with Bram and Princess. Was this really what they wanted to do? They did know what the risks of this were, right? Did they really want to risk leaving three children alone?

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
Kylieanna. :D

I know I don't play RoF that much, but it'd be cool if I could be part of the series as well. It looks really interesting. Kylieanna is a good enough name.

EDIT: Wait wait wait, Hoogilan plays RoF? mgnwkjga