Rock the vote!

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
Inspired by this: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/map-trials.17629/. I think it would be nice to have some kind of !rtv command in the game which can be used, say, the first five minutes of a map. If a certain percentage of the players would do !rtv, the map would end (no one would get cookies) and a new vote would begin. This is mostly useful in case an ugly map everyone hates somehow gets voted for (Biomes, for example) or if it's the same map in a row.

Example thing that could show up when someone does /rtv:

To the player that did /rtv:

You have voted to rock the vote.
7 more players needed.
You will not get reiceve (super)cookies if the vote is rocked.

To the other players:

Wimali_Stebox has voted to rock the vote. 7 more players needed.
You will not get receive (super)cookies if the vote is rocked.

If someone would try after the time limit has been reached:

It's too late to rock the vote! This can only be done the first five minutes of the map.

EDIT: Actually, I believe the time limit should maybe be 10 minutes after the start of the map, or 15 minutes in the case of a classic map.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jivvi
Y

YouWould

Well, the thing is, its redundant. If people vote for a map, chances are they like it. If not, why was the map voted for more than the others? Plus, if its really a crappy map nobody likes, it can be removed from rotation. That's why I don't think think its all that useful.

EDIT: Sorry for making it look like you double posted. My last post was pointless so I removed it.

• Agree
Reactions: Psycho and JtTorso
Reaction score
Honestly I like your idea but I believe that it could be edited a lot to be more suitable for others because not every player has the same map preferences. But I like your thinking, also very detailed if this were to be passed they wouldn't have to do much to get it up and running. :)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person

JtTorso

Reaction score
If the majority doesn't like a map, why just not vote on the forums to remove it from rotation?
Well, sometimes things aren't as simple as everyone wanting a map removed. Sometimes a lot of people collectively agree they don't want to play a certain map at a certain time. Maybe some maps are more fun with less or more people and the number of players on at that time doesn't account for it. Rock the vote was a feature of our TTT server and it was used very frequently. If a lot of people collectively agree that they actually want a map removed from the server then that's totally cool and people can PM their Director or make a post about it in the map error report, but I feel RTV does have it's uses and might be something that's good for RoF.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Well, sometimes things aren't as simple as everyone wanting a map removed. Sometimes a lot of people collectively agree they don't want to play a certain map at a certain time. Maybe some maps are more fun with less or more people and the number of players on at that time doesn't account for it. Rock the vote was a feature of our TTT server and it was used very frequently. If a lot of people collectively agree that they actually want a map removed from the server then that's totally cool and people can PM their Director or make a post about it in the map error report, but I feel RTV does have it's uses and might be something that's good for RoF.
I was kind of going off Wimali's statement in the original post declaring 'An ugly map that everyone hates' with the mention of 'biomes' afterwards.

• Useful
Reactions: JtTorso