Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Account Name:
roboboy777

-

Do you have any Premium alternate accounts?
Yes, but I never really use it much(Pretty much never). Its my dad's account.

-

Age(note that we value maturity over actual age):
12 Years of age.

-

Timezone: EDT/GMT -5

-

References (Op+, none are required but will help you significantly):
MikeTang

-

Approx. time spent on BB (use /ontime to check):
Today
total time = 3mins, This week total time = 17mins, Month total time = 17hr 23min, Lifetime = 2day 6hr 29mins. Thats what it says due to 2.0 resetting it. But I do know my real time is 2 months+

-

Previous staff experience:
None.

-

Other notable contributions/feats/skills?
Building is a skill/passion of mine, I'm also fluent with Worldedit--I've helped many people with it, and many, many times its a success. I also keep up with the Forums, and check things whenever I get a chance.

-

What do you think the role entails?
Operators require maturity and understanding in a variety of options. As for BB Operators, their job, in my opinion, is a lot less demanding. BB Operators require an understanding in Worldedit, the ability to be able to judge a build at any point whilst still being polite and equitable about it. They require persistence and a firm, direct attitude when applicable.

-

Why do you want this position?
I would like to be part of staff for BB to help out. I believe this position will help me in real life maturity next to in-game maturity. I'd like to be an Operator on BB cause I feel I have what it takes. I feel I'm happy to help whatever comes to me at any time, and I'd like to serve as a good example for those in need.

-

Additional/final notes:
If you feel I'm not what I say I am, let me know why, and how I can improve on that.

-

Thanks for reading!

-

EDIT:
I forgot to mention I'll be gone most of the day, each day this week.

Last edited:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Well, I'm a bit surprised that you've chosen to submit an application at this time seeing that you just noted that you won't be active next week. Also, I've noticed that you weren't as active this past week and maybe the week before that. Your overall activity on the server just seems subpar right now.

Activity aside, I've noticed your bouts of immaturity in the past, but I honestly don't think that it should be something to be overly concerned about because I think that you're capable of learning from your mistakes. Also, I've noticed that you did try to take a proactive approach in improving your maturity before by asking staff for ways to improve yourself-- which shows that you're eager to learn-- which is great.

Your building skills and style are both interesting and great. And it would be helpful to be equipped with building skills in order to help other players out with advice on improving their buildings.

Overall, you kinda cover the maturity aspect and building skills, but I'd say that you need to improve your activity on the server a bit more.

Reactions: MetalGearSolis

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Well, I'm a bit surprised that you've chosen to submit an application at this time seeing that you just noted that you won't be active next week. Also, I've noticed that you weren't as active this past week and maybe the week before that. Your overall activity on the server just seems subpar right now.

Activity aside, I've noticed your bouts of immaturity in the past, but I honestly don't think that it should be something to be overly concerned about because I think that you're capable of learning from your mistakes. Also, I've noticed that you did try to take a proactive approach in improving your maturity before by asking staff for ways to improve yourself-- which shows that you're eager to learn-- which is great.

Your building skills and style are both interesting and great. And it would be helpful to be equipped with building skills in order to help other players out with advice on improving their buildings.

Overall, you kinda cover the maturity aspect and building skills, but I'd say that you need to improve your activity on the server a bit more.
Gotcha -- Will try!
Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: I will be active next week. Just in the afternoon--most of the day.

Last edited:

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to phrase this one. You're nice, and you help out people wth building and give the occasional op-advice, but I don't think you have that op thing about you. I'm not sure what. Of course, my phrasing is extremely helpful. If anyone didn't get the sarcasm they need to have a real good think of what sarcasm means.

As for your application, you've got short, brief paragraphs but a good message behind them.

You're a great person, and I'm not as great for knowing what I mean, but I just don't seem to see you as an op right now. It may be just how you go, I'm not sure. +o

Apologies for not being very clear.

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
I'm unsure right now. Even though you still have my ref. my head is still on an undecided stage. 0

Edit for an actual response: Robo I think you are ready for this role as an operator, I think it is not learning maturity from operator but being responsible. I understand you know how to use worldedit but we do not only use worldedit, we use the powerful voxelsniper, two sides of beauty and destruction of plots. Hell, help around BB would be appreciated, I don't mind help.
I was reading the others responses, not thoroughly, but enough to see some key points. One of the key points I saw was about back-siding admins and other staff members, this is not the best choice. But since this is MY post I'll keep it to my opinions, I say you're ready for this and ready to go. +1

Last edited:

Tamzies

Reaction score
I have been thinking about this for so long and I honestly can still not make a good vote were I am fully behind. Overall I think you are a nice guy, but I have some problems here and there. I do not want to make a giant story, so I will sum up my points.

Negative
- Sometimes you are very immature and I do not think that is good in a Buildbox Operator.
- I have asked around in ROF Chat what they thought about you and I got the same reactions that they thought you were not quite ready yet.
- You are too young to have the responsibility of an Operator.
- I do not think you would fit in our current Buildbox team.
- I have heard that you also wanted to become ROF operator, is this because you want the rank Operator or do you want help two servers?
- The fact that you were warned for back-seat Operating is giving me some hesitation about giving you even more commands to play with.
- I saw you help someone on IRC and after you helped you left to play ROF again. I know we never stay at the plot, but staying on Buildbox to be there for them is not something that is too much to ask.
- Your comments were very short and I do not think it was sufficient enough for the player in Question.
- The fact that you made 100 topics about anything, annoyed me a lot.
(Topics like these: http://www.blocktopia.net/forum/thr...-builder-application-thread-post-thing.15121/)
They show your immaturity and as an Operator you have to be on perfect behaviour.

Positive
- If you would become Operator I would certainly suggest a trial.
- You are pretty active in and around Buildbox.
- You have changed up your maturity a lot already.
- You are a very good builder and that helps with being an Operator.
- You are a good kid and like to help. (Not sure if this is 'fake' because you want a rank, or you really like to help.)
- The application you made looks pretty good and I could not complain about that.
- I like you as an Advanced Builder and you are very nice.

Overall, I have no clue what to do with you, but I do think that this is not the right time for you. I have seen that you have matured overall, but I do not think it is enough overall. We have to look at every angle and I do not think you would fit in the current team. I am sorry to say this, but my vote is a 0.

Tamzies Out!

(If you have any questions, bug me about them.)

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Im going to sit down and sum up all the points I got from you guys so I know how to be like.

- I have heard that you also wanted to become ROF operator, is this because you want the rank Operator or do you want help two servers?
  • I only wanted to help one server, but I decided that BB would be best for me. Like I said, I feel it's a lot less demanding when it comes to problems.
- The fact that you were warned for back-seat Operating is giving me some hesitation about giving you even more commands to play with.
  • I learned my lesson with back-seat Operating from the warning I got. It gave me some info on what not to do, it taught me things like, don't try to deal with problems if there is an Op already on, if there is no Op on: try to figure out the problem, ask questions, and report. I also don't want to become Operator just to play around with commands, I want to help others, thats my main goal.
- I saw you help someone on IRC and after you helped you left to play ROF again. I know we never stay at the plot, but staying on Buildbox to be there for them is not something that is too much to ask.
  • At that time, I was actually just coming on to check my ontime, but someone asked if I could check their build and give suggestions on it. I tried to give them from what I could see from the house. I couldn't stay long, but I tried to stay as long as needed.
- Your comments were very short and I do not think it was sufficient enough for the player in Question.
  • I can't argue with this, but it was the least I could do. This is also something I need to work on.
- The fact that you made 100 topics about anything, annoyed me a lot.
(Topics like these: http://www.blocktopia.net/forum/thr...-builder-application-thread-post-thing.15121/)
They show your immaturity and as an Operator you have to be on perfect behaviour.
  • This happened a while ago. I can assure you, this won't happen again.
These are all things I can work on, to improve. Thank you, Tamzies
-
rawrmynameisrex,
I got my ontime to this so far:
Today total time = 40 min
Week total time = 6 hr 28 min
Month total time = 4 hr 38 min
Lifetime server time = 2 day 12 hr 41 min
-
SirComputer, with all these new points Im going to try to learn, I'll bet I'll learn that Op thing too. ;) (whatever it is)
-
Thanks for the help!

• Creative
  • Agree
Reactions: Kuyajer and EggNog

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
- I have asked around in ROF Chat what they thought about you and I got the same reactions that they thought you were not quite ready yet.
The decision on how you vote should be based off of your own opinions or at most your other fellow BB staff, not the people on ROF.

No one is too young to have the rank of anything. I have seen 10 year old Directors, 14 year old admins, and 10 year old Operators. Age is a number, not a point of reference.

A negative shouldn't be wanting to help. It is refreshing to see some new blood, I see roboboy active on both servers, I'm sure he probably is just trying to help. Back-seating Operating has been an issue in a multitude of scenarios in the past, and you have to be careful to not confuse it with trying to help. Trying to help and backseat Operating are too different things, thus it is important to differentiate the two. And also to be fair on the last point, I do that plenty - maybe he was busy/having fun in ROF, at least he was there to help!

Sorry to jump in here, but these are just some things to note!

Tamzies

Reaction score
The decision on how you vote should be based off of your own opinions or at most your other fellow BB staff, not the people on ROF.

No one is too young to have the rank of anything. I have seen 10 year old Directors, 14 year old admins, and 10 year old Operators. Age is a number, not a point of reference.

A negative shouldn't be wanting to help. It is refreshing to see some new blood, I see roboboy active on both servers, I'm sure he probably is just trying to help. Back-seating Operating has been an issue in a multitude of scenarios in the past, and you have to be careful to not confuse it with trying to help. Trying to help and backseat Operating are too different things, thus it is important to differentiate the two. And also to be fair on the last point, I do that plenty - maybe he was busy/having fun in ROF, at least he was there to help!

Sorry to jump in here, but these are just some things to note!
I know it should not be about ROF, but I had a very hard decision to make since I like Roboboy. He is also very active on ROF and he did want to become ROF operator at one point, this being said I think the input that I received was the same input that I already had in my mind. I think all Operators do not matter what server they are, are one big team with little teams inside them. I like to ask more opinions, but that does not say I base my whole answer on these.

It is not like he is too young, but he acts his age sometimes and then he is indeed too young. He can sometimes be pretty immature and I do not think that is good for an Operator or that he is ready for this rank.

He helped the person I also stated that as a good thing later, but like I also said it was not good enough for the player to understand him and when he left the player called his name again for some clarification, but Robo was already gone.

Yes, I also help on BB and go to Rof sometimes, but this particular instance, he should have stayed. I do not say you can not do both servers, I also know that BB can be a bit boring sometimes when there is no one online.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I know it should not be about ROF, but I had a very hard decision to make since I like Roboboy. He is also very active on ROF and he did want to become ROF operator at one point, this being said I think the input that I received was the same input that I already had in my mind. I think all Operators do not matter what server they are, are one big team with little teams inside them. I like to ask more opinions, but that does not say I base my whole answer on these.

It is not like he is too young, but he acts his age sometimes and then he is indeed too young. He can sometimes be pretty immature and I do not think that is good for an Operator or that he is ready for this rank.

He helped the person I also stated that as a good thing later, but like I also said it was not good enough for the player to understand him and when he left the player called his name again for some clarification, but Robo was already gone.

Yes, I also help on BB and go to Rof sometimes, but this particular instance, he should have stayed. I do not say you can not do both servers, I also know that BB can be a bit boring sometimes when there is no one online.
Just saying, age and immaturity are two different things, but he's getting over his slightly less mature phase and transforming into a potential op. Now, let's prevent a potential argument (we don't want another Cmajor ban appeal) before it starts and see if some more ops will post. Sorry to the people in @BBPrem who get tagged having already posted, if the tag even works (there has been a bit of a glitch recently).

• Thank You
Reactions: Robo

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Since I just got back, I haven't seen you recently so I don't know how you currently act, and this is also my first Op application judgement ( I marked the date in my Notes ;) ) so forgive me if this isn't very good.

I like you, robo. You're a good guy and I've seen you jump ( quite quickly :p ) from Player to Builder to Adv Builder. I should add that I am glad you took your time on applying for Operator, because I thought, at the rate you were scaling the ladder of power, you would try to climb to Operator too quickly and you would trip and fall (metaphors yo). But it's good to see that you took time to improve yourself.
Let's get into the weird stuff now. You have had many instances of immaturity that I have seen. While those are becoming less frequent, I haven't personally seen improvement as drastic as other Operators have mentioned previously (keep in mind that I have not seen you at all this week ofc). If green was your maturity, and red was the maturity you still needed to have, your maturity bar would be |===============| in my opinion. But the thing is you DO help sometimes and you DO have parts where you are mature. In my opinion, what I have seen from you just doesn't scream "OPERATOR" at me. It's a really weird feeling. I just feel like you are close but not quite there. If I could show you a video of the squeezing hand motions I make as I am writing this you might get what I'm saying a tiny bit better? Like I said above, you are a great guy, Robo, but you just seem more of that slightly mature Adv Builder that I see and have grown friendly with than an Operator to me. Right now I am going to go with a +0. I don't know if my opinion will change when I start to see you again (and hopefully that will be soon and my parents will let my bring my laptop on my trip to Maine tomorrow). Maybe it will change for the better. I'll see you soon, robo. :)

Last edited:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Well, it seems like the majority of the ops, including me, are on the fence about your application, roboboy. And I've been mulling this app over during the past week, wondering what to actually give you. For instance, if we decide not approve your application, then maybe we would lose that chance to actually see if you'd be successful as an Op. To be honest, my gut is telling me that you should have a chance to show off what you're made of because I'm curious to see what you could offer. With that said, I'm going for a +1 on your app, but as a trial-op.

Also, your idea that being a Buildbox op is a "lot less demanding when it comes to problems" is just wrong. Good luck!

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Well, it seems like the majority of the ops, including me, are on the fence about your application, roboboy. And I've been mulling this app over during the past week, wondering what to actually give you. For instance, if we decide not approve your application, then maybe we would lose that chance to actually see if you'd be successful as an Op. To be honest, my gut is telling me that you should have a chance to show off what you're made of because I'm curious to see what you could offer. With that said, I'm going for a +1 on your app, but as a trial-op.

Also, your idea that being a Buildbox op is a "lot less demanding when it comes to problems" is just wrong. Good luck!
And actually, on that note, I think Rex is right, and I'll give you +1 for a trial. I know I said 0, and I should likely be using the same post, but maybe the fact you seem to act differently (not maturity-wise too much) could help you. I'd also advise you read up on http://discover-prism.com/wiki/, since you'll be using that a lot.

And by the way, BuildBox problems get demanding when you have to move something in poly selection mode, even if you have WorldEditCUI. Also, tell Rex to make his +1 green.

Last edited:

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I've taken a look at the application and the feedback of the other staff, as well as seeing you ingame and watching you without staff online via IRC. Your application is indeed quite short, which has been pointed out by the other staff - but one thing worrying me is the slight immaturity which I've noticed in the past coming from you. Age indeed isn't a problem - as Mikey pointed out, we have had 10 year old Directors and 14 year old Administrators, but your maturity does come into question at times. You've also had a habit of backseat operating which can get a little on the nerves of the staff, but I suppose you're just trying to help. I haven't had any real bad experiences with you besides the aforementioned backseat operating, but I'm going to have to vote 0 on account of your slightly questionable maturity.

Furthermore, I will just point out a few things...
As for BB Operators, their job, in my opinion, is a lot less demanding.
This is entirely false - (thankfully not often) we are faced with some of the nastiest arguments to break up that often sweep over the entire chat. What we lack in in-game responsibilities we have to make up for with keeping social situations under control, given that BuildBox is more chat-based than some of the other servers.
I'd like to be an Operator on BB cause I feel I have what it takes.
What is 'what it takes?' You didn't specify entirely what you meant - I'd like to hear your ideas on what makes a good staff member before I decide further.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
(1. A good staff member is one which knows a lot about what they do, I have experience with WorldEdit, and most of the commands with BB.
(2. A good staff member is one which knows how to talk to people, get to know them before the problems or fights ensue. And when those fights DO happen, they should know ways of bringing it to a halt and eventually smoothening it through. They should try and bring it to a smooth end because (and this is another thing I learned from one of the staff members, chrisrocks300) if you end it roughly, then the person might go to other servers, or tell their friends to go to BB to spam, grief, and just make a huge mess for others.
I don't want you to expect more of what I'm capable of, so thats why I'm trying to learn as much as possible, and say what I am. I have not tried "(2." yet, but that's what trial is for, right?

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
And actually, on that note, I think Rex is right, and I'll give you +1 for a trial. I know I said 0, and I should likely be using the same post, but maybe the fact you seem to act differently (not maturity-wise too much) could help you. I'd also advise you read up on http://discover-prism.com/wiki/, since you'll be using that a lot.

And by the way, BuildBox problems get demanding when you have to move something in poly selection mode, even if you have WorldEditCUI. Also, tell Rex to make his +1 green.
Alright, I skimmed over that, and watched this video:

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
:showoff:

ANYWAY.

Robo, you've been around on the server for some time now, and I see you on the server quite often, which I definitely appreciate. During this time, I have also seen you become more mature. However, my fear is that you're not quite at the level of maturity I request from my staff, and as such, I'm going to have to decline this application for the time being. Give it a month or so, and I do think that you can mature to a degree fitting of a staff member, however, now is not the time.

For now, declined, you may reapply in 3+ weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.