Robo's Advanced Builder application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Username: roboboy777
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time spent on the server: Nearly a month.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[JUSTIFY] [/JUSTIFY]
References (Adv+): [BCOLOR=#ffffff]MikeTang rarwmynameisrex[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/BCOLOR]
Screenshots/warps of creations:

Warp: /warp queentower, /warp bishoptower, /warp plotseperator, /warp fanyare. Flatland builds: /warp eagletron.

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Signed: [/BCOLOR]Joshua
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/BCOLOR]​
[JUSTIFY][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Note: I just want to thank everyone who has made this possible. I always dreamed of becoming an Adv builder, and now, that dream just might come true! :) I want to thank MikeTang for making this day happen. He's a REALLY nice OP and i respect him for that. I want to thank all my friends on Build Box for inspireing me to become a better builder. And lastly, i want to thank the academy- jk. Thanks everyone! :)[/BCOLOR][/JUSTIFY]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]P.S. Random pic of Rawrmynameisrex included.[/BCOLOR]​

Last edited:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I referenced Joshua because he has a detailed building style that impressed me. Amongst the builds that he has shown on here, I prefer the chess pieces and the mechbots that have redstone in them. The two chess pieces are detailed and have potential to become a larger build if he chooses to create a whole chess set at that scale in the future -- I look forward to seeing this being done. The two mechbots are interesting because it includes redstone work in them. Having redstone and incorporating it into that type of aesthetic takes a lot of creativity -- and I think something like what he has shown warrants an AdvBuilder rank. I've seen his other builds and they're detailed as well.
Also, judging from his builds and asking him -- I think that he's fluent in a few WorldEdit commands which is a plus. Aside from his building skills, I think that he's mature enough to handle Adv and the tools given in that rank. Overall, I think he has the potential to create more amazing builds.

• Thank You
Reactions: Robo

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Where can I start? Well, you have a great building style which allows you to make detailed builds whilst insert redstone into them to enhance it, which is very impressive. That is shown in your superb mechbots. Your chess figures are also impressive - keeping up the detail. To top it off, your plot separator is nice and detailed, and all of your builds are Adv worthy.

I feel you can be trusted with the tools and responsibility given with Adv Builder and with that, you can enhance your future builds to a level no one has seen before.

+1
[sup]And in case you couldn't infer from all the positive feedback, a +1 from Rex, too.[/sup]
@BBPrem

Last edited:
  • Thank You

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
All I can say is that you build better than me, and I got adv.
But really, I love the detail in your builds. Everything has been said by the looks of it, so yeah. I always get stuck with my imagination, so I gotta give you kudos for the awesomeness. I also have to give you this +1. Here, take it.

tnm

Reaction score
No need for the tag, it hasn't even been 24 hours. Anyway, onto the application.

I'm not really that bothered over your builds- don't get me wrong, they're good, but I don't feel they're up to Advanced Builder quality. The chess peices are the best; they show the sort of quality I would expect from such a rank. But the other builds really don't cut it for me, they just feel too.. simple. For those reasons, I am going to go with a 0.

• Thank You

Tamzies

Reaction score
After seeing the tower that you recently build in terrain I will go with an +1.
The thing that I want to see changed is the maturity level, sometimes it is not as good as what we expect from an Advanced Builder. You are a sweet kid though, but an Advanced builder needs to show that he knows the rules and can be trusted with the new perks of an advanced builder.

This quote bothers me a bit, it shows that you want this badly, but it also shows that you already think you have this whole thing in the pocket. All the colours in your app also make it look rather childish, but your builds are pretty good, they are not perfect, but definitely advanced level.
So I end up giving you an +1, but I am leaning towards an 0.

Last edited:

Collosal

Reaction score
Well, I'll be going with a 0 [BCOLOR=#ffffff]leaning towards a +1, I like your builds and I think that if they aren't advanced worthy they're close, but as Tamzies said I think your maturity isn't quite that of an advanced builder. This vote could change if I see you've matured in game, but for now it's a 0.[/BCOLOR]

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
I'm with a +1, your builds have an excellent exterior and your interior has a good example of block variation that has a good look. (Glad to have many pictures of a build, but that might've exceeded the amount needed)

• Thank You

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
After reading all your guys' replies, i see that im really gonna have to work on my maturity. And i have been working on that, tamzies gave me some tips on talking maturly. This is what i learned for being mature: Talk formaly, talk slower, don't play around with what people say (mocking them), make people feel better about themselves, try to draw all the attention away from just me (aka: being prideful, self centered). I learned alot from you guys, and im going to try to follow that infromation. Thank you all, and good night. :)

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
After reading all your guys' replies, i see that im really gonna have to work on my maturity. And i have been working on that, tamzies gave me some tips on talking maturly. This is what i learned for being mature: Talk formaly, talk slower, don't play around with what people say (mocking them), make people feel better about themselves, try to draw all the attention away from just me (aka: being prideful, self centered). I learned alot from you guys, and im going to try to follow that infromation. Thank you all, and good night. :)
You don't need to talk too formally - BuildBox is a server to have fun on. Talking slowly - probably not too slowly that they're waiting ages for your response, but not too quickly you spam up the chat. Don't mock people - correct. And you can take pride in your work, just as you said, don't be too self centered.

Oh, and taking advice, summarising it and telling us what you think you can improve on is also a mature thing. If you improve like this, you've got it.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.