Revoting

tommy

Reaction score
Hey there,

Ever make a mistake and vote for the wrong map and want to revote but you can't?

Well players should be able to revote.

Instead of just being able to type 1 or 2 once then their vote is locked in players shoulod be able to revote. If you still don't understand here is an example

*** Vote for the next map (Enter 1 or 2)
1. Bootcamp
2. Nobuild128
tommyd11:1
Thank you for voting
tommyd11:2
Thank you for voting

(For this example tommyd11 would of had his vote count for 2.Nobuild128)

Thanks for reading please tell me any problems, if you like this idea, or anything.

Thanks!

-Tommy

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Questions:
How many revotes should a player get after they vote? As without a limit, it can easily be abused by players that just keep switching back and forth between maps.
I'm not certain: but wouldn't that-- Mess up the server somewhat?

And also while voting (if we continue with the revote limit,) what if a player accidentally revotes a map they did not want, and cannot revote again because we placed a limit on revotes?

Honestly I've never seen a problem with voting. You should obviously be voting for the map you really want, and most of the time, that is the usual case, and really, a re-vote really isn't that need. And sometimes, maps get so many votes, a player that uses their revote may not really make much of a difference.
It seems a nice, small addition, though I don't think it is really needed.

tommy

Reaction score
I don't think that voting over and over will mess with the server unless many people do it.
Also I think it should be 5 votes so no one can spam it but people can correct their mistakes if they make one.
Also if this is added in it might be a good idea to put in chat how many votes the player have left.

tommy

Reaction score
How is it confusing that you can switch your vote a couple times if they tried voting for the same one it would not do anything.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
I don't see how it's confusing...
"Oh man. To change my vote I have to say the number of the map I want? A bit too hard and complicated!" :p
Also, I'm sure it could be coded so it doesn't mess with the server badly. Or have you not faith in our devs? ;)

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 123 and tommy

tommy

Reaction score
Just to clear some things up people can still only count for one vote but id this is added in they can switch there vote from one map to the other.

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
I don't see how it's confusing...
"Oh man. To change my vote I have to say the number of the map I want? A bit too hard and complicated!" :p
Also, I'm sure it could be coded so it doesn't mess with the server badly. Or have you not faith in our devs? ;)
How is it confusing that you can switch your vote a couple times if they tried voting for the same one it would not do anything.
To clarify I said wouldn't it? not it is ._. also I do have faith in the developers here

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
I like this suggestion. I myself have thought of it personally but never really entertained it. This also sounds like something that she easily be possible since voting is from the code we use for our server so Winx or Listings should be able to work on that. It shouldn't be confusing for players at all. I like to think our players have more intelligence than a sack of potatoes, yes some are dumber than that but that's a minority. If programmed correctly votes wouldn't stack, and I don't really see how spamming the switch would do anything either since it would just have a point where it cuts off the voting to actually start the map.

so in summary, this has my support ;)

• Creative
Reactions: tommy

Gasy_Europeon

SURVIIIIVVVVVVOOOOOOORRRRRR
Reaction score
I support this, but I have a 'small' idea for it. Maybe it could look like this?
1. antfarm
2. nobuild128
AwesomePlayerMLGPROxXx: 1
Then the server would say a message maybe like this?
Are you sure you want to vote for 1?
AwesomePlayerMLGPROxXx: 2.
Thank you for voting!
But as an idea, I do like it :)

tommy

Reaction score
I dont really see the point in this.
If someone was going to get annoyed at miss-voting, they should be more careful and even if you do make a mistake, its only for one round.
Yes it is a small thing but everyone makes mistakes and this might stop someone from raging in chat.

Reaction score
Also I think it should be 5 votes so no one can spam it but people can correct their mistakes if they make one.
Also if this is added in it might be a good idea to put in chat how many votes the player have left.
I reckon three votes would be better than five because people shouldn't make that many mistakes and really, you wouldn't need that many. :p

But nice idea, I like it :-)

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
I dont really see the point in this.
If someone was going to get annoyed at miss-voting, they should be more careful and even if you do make a mistake, its only for one round.
It isn't just one person though. I do this and if you take into account the amount of people who come on to play Zombie then it adds up to be quite a few people :D