Removal of Strength Potions.

Rytheria

Reaction score
NOTE/EDIT: When I mean removal, etc - a nerf to this potions.

As many Army of Darkness locals know, many maps have been flipped by the new 1.6 update - making Strength Potions even stronger!

Now, a lot of maps contain Strength Potions, as, they gave a slight advantage over your foes - but now, with this update - that slight advantage is turned into an enormous advantage! Many maps are turned upside down into chaos by the remaining Strength Potions, one person can take on an entire team of Survivors without losing a breath. This, my readers, is frustrating.

So here I am, wanting to do something about the Strength Potions that still remain in the maps today. I propose that we remove all Strength Potions (or make them less powerful), otherwise, many maps are unplayable and turn into a huge Brain Farm.

Sadly, I can't name all these maps that contain Strength Potions, so! I ask you to help me out and name the maps that need these pesky destructive weapons chiselled out of our gameplay!

MAPS (thanks LoveDaice):

Oasis (blaze powder in chests)

Ascendant (there's a pressure plate that gives you 5 Minutes of Strength Tier 1)

- Academy
- Ascendant (pressure plate for hunters)
- Avenguard Keep
- Canopy
- CloseQuarters
- Colloseum (nerfed)
- Colourido (aren't overly strong)
- Deadhouse_Gates (crafted)
- Divided (single potion)
- DogFight (single potion)
- Icerun (single potion)
- Narrows
- Oasis (crafted)
- Organic
- Pac-Man (kits)
- Relic
- Reverence (mixed potion effects)
- Smarqueris
- Sectors

If you agree or disagree, create a comment below telling me what you think - and hopefully, we'll get noticed.

Thank you for hearing me out.
Kingdion

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I can name most to all of the maps in the current rotation that have Strength in them.

Acadamy
Ascendant (there's a pressure plate that gives you 5 Minutes of Strength Tier 1)
AvenguardKeep, I believe
Canopy
CloseQuarters
Colloseum, though those have been nerfed hard already
Colourido, but those aren't too terrible. In my opinion.
DogFight (I think only one potion though? One or Two.)
IceRun (only one, however)
Narrows (In the kits?)
Organic
Pac-Man (/kit inky)
Relic
Reverence (Paired with other potion effects)
Smarqueris
Sectors

That's the near-complete list of Maps in which there is strength, and/or where strength becomes a huge factor (In the current rotation).

On to the point of the topic. I think that, when Strength becomes a Problem, which it has, it should be dealt with accordingly.
Though the complete removal is something I don't entirely want to aim for.

Maybe making it harder to come by, yes. But not a complete removal.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rytheria

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
More maps:
Divided (only 1 set of strength 2 that I know you can get legitly without use of breaking glowstone)
Deadhouse_Gates (blaze powder in chests)

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
It's for hunters only; its possible for Survivors, but very expensive; requires full fire prot gear and multiple heal II splashes
~
My opinion on this matter is that they shouldn't be removed altogether, just harder to obtain (str I is generally fine, also), I am someone, who, while not as skilled at PvP, is a pro-ass scavenger. While everyone else run around with standard kits, taking all the op items, I've gone my own way and come up with strength 2 potions or a diamond sword, which balances the whole situation quite neatly. An example would be Colosseum, where little lonely Scavengers with no friends and weak kits are killed quickly by bands of Hunters, it's always nice that, with a bit of work, I can come up with str II and extended regen for the rest of the round, do some decent damage, reap a decent profit, the fall to the swarm. It all depends on your playstyle, really. (OP item hoarders hate it when little scavengers kill them with cool technical items)

• Agree
Reactions: pecks7

Rytheria

Reaction score

As I said multiple times, I am not aiming to remove them/all of them! Nerfing, in my opinion would be more than necessary.

Being able to scavenger one potion that goes for a couple of minutes is okay, it's not overly powered and gives a single user the power of others. Now, in most cases - there are multiple potions scattered around the map - AND! There are kits that are given a Strength II potion.

I understand your play-style, and, why you'd like to keep them.
I suggest we limit maps to 1-2 strength potions in a difficult area to reach - therefore only people that explore and scavenge can manage to find them.

Thank you for the other perspective, as, I am a Hunter of Death - I'm a decent PvP player and it gets extremely annoying when somebody, no, many people have Strength Potions that can wipe me out with literally no battle skills, just a couple hits.

Anyway, if the people of the forum are to lazy to read this, my proposal:
- Limited 1/2 Strength potions in each map (difficult spot)

Therefore, players with scavenging skill (aka, Jivvi) can make their way and use LIMITED amounts of Strength to their advantage. Plus, players that PvP (aka, myself :3), can get wiped out if the scavengers use their potions efficiently, otherwise - are given a fair battle.

- Kingdion.

PS. Thanks Asaechao for the extra maps!

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
It's for hunters only; its possible for Survivors, but very expensive; requires full fire prot gear and multiple heal II splashes
~
My opinion on this matter is that they shouldn't be removed altogether, just harder to obtain (str I is generally fine, also), I am someone, who, while not as skilled at PvP, is a pro-ass scavenger. While everyone else run around with standard kits, taking all the op items, I've gone my own way and come up with strength 2 potions or a diamond sword, which balances the whole situation quite neatly. An example would be Colosseum, where little lonely Scavengers with no friends and weak kits are killed quickly by bands of Hunters, it's always nice that, with a bit of work, I can come up with str II and extended regen for the rest of the round, do some decent damage, reap a decent profit, the fall to the swarm. It all depends on your playstyle, really. (OP item hoarders hate it when little scavengers kill them with cool technical items)
For all the maps I said, I was just putting it out here, that these maps you can get strength, I wasn't saying to remove them all!

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
On Academy and Narrows one hunter kit get iron sword with strength, and it takes like 4,5 hearts of a full iron armor guy.

And on Avanguard_keep you can get strength II in 4 mins in a chest.
On CloseQuarters you can get strenght in chests, but this isnt very op, because its a hard survivor map with much actions.

EDIT: I also think you can get strength in a survivor kit in Canopy. But isnt op.

Acadamy(in one hunter kit)
Aerodash
AvenguardKeep(in a chest)
Canopy(in a survivor kit, not op)
CloseQuarters(around in chests, not op)
Colloseum(many got nerfed)
Colourido(but those aren't too terrible, in my opinion)
Contaimed
Cubism(in some chests)
DogFight (I think only one potion though? One or Two.)
Deadhouse_Gates (crafted)
Divided (single potion)IceRun (only one, however)
Icerun(single potion)
Narrows (In one hunter kit)
Organic
Pac-Man (/kit inky)
Relic
Reverence (Paired with other potion effects)
Smarqueris
Sectors(in many chests)
Swordbase
Y'ghaten(in chests)

Im not sure about if it is strength potions on Organic, Contaimed, Relic, Aerodash or Smarqueris.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I would REALLY like that plugin on the server, as it would change most, if not all, problems that there is with strength now, so I ask you, can you please reply to this with your thoughts about it Baker93?

I know you were already tagged, but if its not getting added anyways, its no need to discuss it.

• Agree
Reactions: Arachadonic