rejection

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
My thoughts on the current state of the thread.

Though the gist of the subject has been briefly discussed, I'll throw in my two cents. I don't give a damn what others think of me or if they accept/reject me. I am who I am, as you are who you are, so why does anyone else's opinion of you matter? If they accept you, congrats. If they reject you, their loss.
(ihavenoroomtotalkreally)

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^
A portion of our humanity is tied to a social foundation so I can't really support this toxic mindset that you should "go against the world" and "fuck everyone's opinion if they don't like you" obviously we all want to be in people's good graces, and there's nothing wrong with that, but going along with "no one's opinion of you matters" might mean you're overlooking a legitimate fault in yourself, or maybe to fit in with a group you enjoy you need to respect a certain aspect of their culture even if your individuality conflicts with that somewhat

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^
A portion of our humanity is tied to a social foundation so I can't really support this toxic mindset that you should "go against the world" and "fuck everyone's opinion if they don't like you" obviously we all want to be in people's good graces, and there's nothing wrong with that, but going along with "no one's opinion of you matters" might mean you're overlooking a legitimate fault in yourself, or maybe to fit in with a group you enjoy you need to respect a certain aspect of their culture even if your individuality conflicts with that somewhat
This is exactly what I wanted to say, but would trip over myself 50 million times trying to phrase. Huge props to you. It's pretty much my mindset and why I'm so hesitant. For whatever reason, personally, I just want to be in as many peoples' good graces as possible, and it's a bitch to maintain. Can't really get it out of my system, not sure if I want to. I've tried to 'not care' what other people think about what I do as long as it's for the benefit of others, but it still weighs down to some degree.

• Agree
Reactions: Jivvi

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This is exactly what I wanted to say, but would trip over myself 50 million times trying to phrase. Huge props to you. It's pretty much my mindset and why I'm so hesitant. For whatever reason, personally, I just want to be in as many peoples' good graces as possible, and it's a bitch to maintain. Can't really get it out of my system, not sure if I want to. I've tried to 'not care' what other people think about what I do as long as it's for the benefit of others, but it still weighs down to some degree.
i don't know; you phrased it pretty perfectly too

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Adding on to the discussion. The ideal that social foundation are only a portion of humanity is a falsehood.
Humanity is and always will be one hundred percent tied to social foundation and will not exist without it.
As per there would be no advancement, no culture, no history, no nothing of what can be called 'humanity' without sociality.
We only even track time and chart the planet and world in the endeavor to link each other more socially.
Inventions are only spurred and prosper due to social cues.
Humanity would not even have started cave painting and hunting without a social foundation.
As the very basis of respect for your parent and drive to protect a child and feed them is the first social foundation.
No creatures exist without a social foundation, antagonistic or cooperative, cross specials or homogeneous.

I digest. On to the principle advice.

Although sad, the ideal of being children and hiding ones true self behind a veil of falsities is literally betraying the whole point of being social.
Then upon a chance that once people like this false self you portray it leads you to have to basically go over a checklist of the lies you've slung in order to maintain a sensible amount of being 'liked'.

All because you being you is a social anomaly and doesn't go along with the 'norm,' you must have some character flaw? Is that not that the same way bigots view the homosexual or alternatively gendered individuals? It sure is. Even not on the note of sexuality it is comparable on all levels, we shouldn't lie to ourselves.

Forcing yourself into a cookie cutter to become a part of a circle and leading yourself the choice to bland your personality to the point you can fit into it? I'm sorry but there is a clear line between toleration and not tolerating. One shouldn't need to bland themselves to find out the appropriate balance. It sort of leads to the ideology of common sense.

The ideal choice would be to find out what things people do not tolerate or have thick enough skin to. Once you pinpoint these aspect you can instead decide on the much better option of toning it down rather then cutting out what might be an integral part of your personality.

Should those involved with a group be unable to accept the natural way you are, why instead would you become depressed or insulted that those people are unaccepting of you being you? Its like attempting to force puzzle pieces mismatched or a bolt with a different threading depth to a nut.

The comparable way if you truly wish to be together in friendship is likened to welding; you find a material that can bond the two separate pieces and find passion and fire within them, forming a lasting bond despite the fact you can be two very separate people. Even to the point where normally there would have been no way to form a bond!

Should there not be a material or common ground then both individuals should be mature and open mindedly accept this fact of each other. There shouldn't be fighting just because you don't enjoy the same things and are stuck in a room together doesn't mean you should be at arms against one another. Though that doesn't mean you should be hugging and pals either.

It does however insinuate that there can be held a conversation like mature respectable humans.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Adding on to the discussion. The ideal that social foundation are only a portion of humanity is a falsehood.
Humanity is and always will be one hundred percent tied to social foundation and will not exist without it.
As per there would be no advancement, no culture, no history, no nothing of what can be called 'humanity' without sociality.
We only even track time and chart the planet and world in the endeavor to link each other more socially.
Inventions are only spurred and prosper due to social cues.
Humanity would not even have started cave painting and hunting without a social foundation.
As the very basis of respect for your parent and drive to protect a child and feed them is the first social foundation.
No creatures exist without a social foundation, antagonistic or cooperative, cross specials or homogeneous.

I digest. On to the principle advice.

Although sad, the ideal of being children and hiding ones true self behind a veil of falsities is literally betraying the whole point of being social.
Then upon a chance that once people like this false self you portray it leads you to have to basically go over a checklist of the lies you've slung in order to maintain a sensible amount of being 'liked'.

All because you being you is a social anomaly and doesn't go along with the 'norm,' you must have some character flaw? Is that not that the same way bigots view the homosexual or alternatively gendered individuals? It sure is. Even not on the note of sexuality it is comparable on all levels, we shouldn't lie to ourselves.

Forcing yourself into a cookie cutter to become a part of a circle and leading yourself the choice to bland your personality to the point you can fit into it? I'm sorry but there is a clear line between toleration and not tolerating. One shouldn't need to bland themselves to find out the appropriate balance. It sort of leads to the ideology of common sense.

The ideal choice would be to find out what things people do not tolerate or have thick enough skin to. Once you pinpoint these aspect you can instead decide on the much better option of toning it down rather then cutting out what might be an integral part of your personality.

Should those involved with a group be unable to accept the natural way you are, why instead would you become depressed or insulted that those people are unaccepting of you being you? Its like attempting to force puzzle pieces mismatched or a bolt with a different threading depth to a nut.

The comparable way if you truly wish to be together in friendship is likened to welding; you find a material that can bond the two separate pieces and find passion and fire within them, forming a lasting bond despite the fact you can be two very separate people. Even to the point where normally there would have been no way to form a bond!

Should there not be a material or common ground then both individuals should be mature and open mindedly accept this fact of each other. There shouldn't be fighting just because you don't enjoy the same things and are stuck in a room together doesn't mean you should be at arms against one another. Though that doesn't mean you should be hugging and pals either.

It does however insinuate that there can be held a conversation like mature respectable humans.
I am way too fuckin tired to isolate different portions of your post in quotes rn so I'm responding to the whole thing since this seems to be directly aimed at my 2 a.m. post

1.) Objective character flaws. Or at least, not created-by-bigots character flaws. Like a flaring temper, or the constant urge to type like Shakespeare.
2.) Tiny things. For example I don't shit on religion at my catholic school, though I have a major dislike for it, and yet I still function in the community without hiccups because of it.
3.) I'd like to think there are ways to work past nearly all social inhibitors (pretty sure inhibitor isn't a word but since I'm using it in this context it should be understandable) with some sort of open-minded consideration/communication. This isn't to say that some aren't so difficult to the point where you may give it up, but the chance is always there
4.) I'm aiming for basic and intrinsic human value when I say a portion of our humanity. Cuz ya maybe you can tie inventions to social functions but they are also there own thing as well. It's not even like a thing cuz you would admit it was 100 percent true but needed to go further (portion - all)

• Thank You
Reactions: Lee_scar

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I am way too fuckin tired to isolate different portions of your post in quotes rn so I'm responding to the whole thing since this seems to be directly aimed at my 2 a.m. post
Nothing was aimed anywhere. I would have quoted you if I were aiming at you.
Inhibitors is indeed and word and used in great context.
Though I'm happy to see you expanding the discussion further without objectifying any individuals.
Merely some statements given to the thread itself.
When I address people it doesn't do any good anyways.
Usually whenever I talk its like talking to a wall since I talk far too much and get ignored anyways.
I was not being combative, or picking a bone with you specifically at all.