Reintroduction of Previous AoD maps

Iggish

Reaction score
Ok, judging by the title it's pretty obvious what this is. I know everyone complains about me moaning, but I can't help but feel that the quality of maps on aod are slipping. Maps are being added for looks rather than gameplay. Now, I'm not sure if this is possible, but I hope some old maps could be reintroduced from aod 1. So many of these maps are good and yet maps like academy and oasis were added instead of them (and while these maps are ok, they are getting old). In short, I think that these maps would be a great addition to aod.

Here's the list of classics that I feel would benefit aod. I'm probably missing quite a few:

Desert
Closequarters
Western_Nightmare
Grandlibrary
Virtual Reality

Thanks for reading,
Iggy ;)

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I'd say as Minecraft as been updated, some items in the map have been naturally buffed/nerfed, so I think a quick balancing check would be helpful before they go in, but I would like to see them. To be fair, I've forgot all the maps you've mentioned for readdition anyway, so I can't exactly comment on any of them. I do agree the current old maps are getting old though - maybe if there was an x amount of old maps that was changed every x amount of weeks/months (maybe bi-monthly then) per vote. No idea, just dumping stuff out there.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I think we should remove some 'bad' maps we have right now and replace those with a few old aod maps. This in total will lead to a net loss of some maps. I think variety is very important but maps with dead rounds is way more harmful than having a smaller map rotation. 70 maps is very hard to reach currently with only acceptable to good maps but I think it should definitely be a goal to reach. This doesn't mean we should rush into it and accept 'bad' maps.

From what I remember the maps you listed are pretty good and would be nice to see back on aod 2. Of course they'd have to be checked for balance and maybe some things need to be changed but that's no prob. Sumo and Poolhall can also come back in my opinion. (if nobody is planning on a good remake).