Realms

cdroid

Reaction score
Kind of like Minecraft Realms, we can all have our own small map; probably with a prebuilt home/domain. We won't be able to destroy the blocks that are already placed, but we can decorate with paintings and plants or other things like a bed. We would be able to visit other realms to showcase stuff. Perhaps this will also allow for chests, and maybe more parts of the house/domain will be unlocked with your rank or by buying expansions with cookies. An outside garden would be cool too; would give meaning to the flowers.

What this will do is give us something more permanent to do in game, instead of our builds dissappearing every round.

Reactions: kuilin
W

Wimali

I actually suggested a similiar idea before: Cells. Every rank would be able to "hire" cells, with the cells being bigger and more expensive for higher ranks (but they'd still be able to hire cells for lower-ranked players). They could grow sugar cane (although sugar cane isn't rare anymore), store lots of building blocks, grow crops, etc.

...the thread got deleted.

Personally, I'd be totally up for either of these ideas (cells or "realms"). They'd allow us to store a lot more items, which then would allow us to actually have a lot of building blocks, and perhaps use them to build some nice structures etc. However, as I've said in another thread, it seems like RoF is mostly focused on survival, and not on building. Consider reading my comment in that thread as well, it explains why this and a lot of other things don't have a high chance of getting added. Maybe the high staff's view has changed as there's a new director and all that stuff so perhaps Ronaldo & the controllers don't per se want RoF to be focused on surviving- But I doubt it.

• Agree
Reactions: kuilin

cdroid

Reaction score
Well.... My idea is not to let people build things that can be used to survive the rounds. My idea is to be able to decorate to showcase stuff. Like, you can put up item frames or pictures or pots with plants and stuff like that rather than building a farm or cobblestone generator.

*Edit: my main idea is to make things like flowers and stuff useful. The realms is just a showcase, and home to explore and personalize. Like, LS can feel really fleeting, but if we had our own little home I wouldn't feel that way. Also, more chests would be welcome.

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
After doing some quick reading on this, my main issue is that RoF and lava server in general were meant for quick fun builds. Having more permanent displays or builds that you'd want to keep are the reason build servers exists. Sure it'd be fun to showcase collections of things you've gotten, like the mass amount of ore blocks you've collected, but at the same time there's not really any good use for this. It is a fun idea but I feel like it would be more trouble than it's worth and just detract from the gameplay and nature of RoF.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: RyanDodd