Rapture : Keep it or delete it?

Would you want Rapture gone?

• Total voters

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
"A slave obeys, A man chooses!"

Yes, I am talking about rapture here!
The recreation of the popular game Bioshock; Capture little sisters for power and kill Big Daddy's to get to them! Get to Ryan and kill him whilst going trough The Medical Pavilion and the Gardens. Walk trough the frozen areas and listen to the tapes about how the pipes will freeze.

And now to this map; as I have played this for my first time I noticed people complaining : "This map sucks!" and I wondered why. So I walked down the map and thought : "Not too bad, I quite like it". I walked on until I made it to Bounty neptune. I wanted to walk in but to my surprise it turned out that it was blocked. "No biggy, It's a big map after all and I can miss out on this part" so I walked on and on and on. I made it to the subway and walked the rails and saw another blockage : "Damn, I really wanted to see this!" I go on to the Medical pavilion which isn't blocked and check the chests. Most of them have nothing, some of them have signs.

You can't break blocks; Mostly because you can flood the map or get above ground. But the map was designed for an earlier minecraft version. The ladders are working with, what else, a watervator and ladders. This design is unclimable due to minecraft updates. You venture deeper down in the map just to get yourself trapped. The hunters take ages to find you, You don't get to kill anyone and if they do find you you get killed.

Your starting kit is a bow with 8 arrows which is weird; Why not a sword? (This is just my thought) because he started with a wrench waaay before he got a gun. Once a hunter is chosen all he has to do is find you and kill you which is normal. But the narrow tunnels and the fact that you get trapped down in the areas means you have no space to run and will most likely die.

So my question and what I want you guys to discuss; Would you want to keep this map or not?

NOTICE!

THIS IS A DISCUSSION, THE OUTCOME IS DECIDED BY Iguana AFTER ALL.

• Agree
Reactions: Friendy

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
I did point this out to Iggy during the overview of it. That it wouldn't be a good map.

Have you seen the fucking chests? It's also made by someone fully through survival.

• Agree

Guinessis

Reaction score
Remove it. Too many dead ends, and the chests alternate between completely empty and loads of iron and diamonds. Since none of the blocks are breakable, this leads to a nasty have vs nave not situation where fully geared juggernauts take on players with wooden swords. Also I can't confirm but a few survivors have reported being able to swim to the surface through various flaws in the map.

Airkid

Reaction score
The map design is good. What makes is bad is...

-Unbreakable blocks mixed with placable blocks (But i believe it was fixed yesterday)
-Dead ends
-Long corridors.

So yeah. I agree, remove it.
Pretty much this.
/locate is useless because of the long corridors, you don't know which way to go, sort of like a maze.

Shinyshark

Reaction score
Thanks for your input!

What troubled me was the fact that the more interesting parts were blocked off and that there's actualy a watchtower which isn't too far away from the 'ceiling' of water. I also went for removing it because the map wasn't build for this version of minecraft and it's design is a maze (Which I personaly dislike!)

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
This map is still being edited. We are slowly fixing problems on the map but we only can do so much between every round. We have removed blocks in chests and the diamonds that were on the map. The blocks are unbreakable for a reason so people dont just troll and delete the glass keeping the water out. And for the dead ends and long corridors we had to do this. The map would have been to big and you would probly have complained about it so igauana blocked off some of the areas of the map. Theres no reason for this map to be removed.

Shinyshark

Reaction score
Theres no reason for this map to be removed.
There is, The design is based on an earlier minecraft version and it traps you in every single basement.
The hunters will always win because the pipes are very small and they have their damage multiplier.

In my opinion there is reasons to remove the map.

• Agree

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
This map is still being edited. We are slowly fixing problems on the map but we only can do so much between every round. We have removed blocks in chests and the diamonds that were on the map. The blocks are unbreakable for a reason so people dont just troll and delete the glass keeping the water out. And for the dead ends and long corridors we had to do this. The map would have been to big and you would probly have complained about it so igauana blocked off some of the areas of the map. Theres no reason for this map to be removed.
If there is no way around the breaking blocks, the map still needs refs at all times.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
There is, The design is based on an earlier minecraft version and it traps you in every single basement.
The hunters will always win because the pipes are very small and they have their damage multiplier.

In my opinion there is reasons to remove the map.
"This map is still being edited. We are slowly fixing problems on the map"

• Disagree

Guinessis

Reaction score
"This map is still being edited. We are slowly fixing problems on the map"
Why go to the trouble? The layout just doesn't lend itself well to AoD, even with fixed chests and block permissions. At this point it might be better to just have some of the resident builders construct a different version of Rapture with AoD in mind. If some of the playerbase enjoys the map then definitely keep it in, but it's generally met with groans when it is queued.

• Agree

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Actualy no, it is not. It involves way more work that is needed.
No, editing the map while it is still in rotation which keeps users complaining is worse than simply removing it for a quick fix on Buildbox that can be fixed within a day or 2.

Shinyshark

Reaction score
Erm.

I see a significant amount of people that would rather have it gone than have it stay.
16 VS 3.

I'll wait with my final judgement after all the 'changes'.
Thanks for the work by the way :)

EDIT:

The map is being removed tonight.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Erm.

I see a significant amount of people that would rather have it gone than have it stay.
16 VS 3.

I'll wait with my final judgement after all the 'changes'.
Thanks for the work by the way :)

EDIT:

The map is being removed tonight.
Cya map.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
It certainly has some flaws, but they're all fixable. Really, remove the diamonds, spread the iron between more chests, remove the stupid lava buckets, and let hunters break blocks. If for any reason people getting outside the map is a problem, add 50 more layers of water. Since it was made for an earlier version of minecraft, the map will go up higher now. I don't think the maps itself is as bad as anyone's complaints.

I really hope to see this map back in the rotation in a bit. :(

jeremy1560

Reaction score
i agree with people who want it gone ,its a no build map,well u say some maps r no-build maps...well this map has soo amny flawn,im sorry but im happy its going