Rankings

Silvuss

Reaction score
I was thinking that we could add rankings to the AoD server.

How this would work is that you would start on mabye 1000 points in the ranking (to stop people from going into minus points) and if you got a kill you got something like 30 points and if you got killed you lost 30 points or something.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Just a rough idea of how points could be given out or taken.

Kill as a zombie- +25 points
Kill as a human- +50 points
Die as a human- -10 points
Die as a zombie- -30 points
Humans win- +100 points for every surviving human
Zombies win- +50 points for the first zombie
Player with the most kills in a round- +75 points

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
the rankings could maybe be dealt after playtime too. like 0-1day newbie 1-3 scavanger 3-5 zombieslayer 5-8 Human-eater 8-10 Hero 10-12 Master 12-15 Legend 15+ titan
(just suggestions to titles, dont need o tbe like that)

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
I like Sploorky's ideas of:

Humans win- +100 points for every surviving human
and

Player with the most kills in a round- +75 points
The losing points upon death not so much as this leaves to extreme ragequiting during juggernaut rounds, or joining late with a poor kit.
I haven't really thought about the amount of points but yeah, the general idea is good.

Also, I took the liberty of mocking up an ELO rating for you Iggy:

• Agree
Reactions: Danni122112

helloworld111

Reaction score
The losing points upon death not so much as this leaves to extreme ragequiting during juggernaut rounds, or joining late with a poor kit.
Why not make it so that on juggernaut rounds, only "Kill against human" kill/death ELO modifiers count(maybe with a big bonus for killing a juggernaut), and make it so that people joining after the zombie is picked have their ELO points frozen until end of round?

Writr

Reaction score
A ranking system could be interesting, but... I dunno. I play on a Survival Games server, too, and I've found that rankings tend to bring out the worst of people - some people take it way too seriously and will resort to cheap tactics to not lose points (i.e. logging out just before they die).
Considering how the server lags and enough of us rage about that as it is :p, I think implementing a ranking system would only worsen that.