Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of map: RainbowRun
Author: Infected_alien8
Size: 100x100
Map boundary: x is 1499, y is 101, z is 119.
Kits:
Hunters:
Chaser:
Rotten flesh
Survivors:
Runner:
64 cookies
Random or choose kits?: Random
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/quIt1#0
Notes: This will be a [TAG] map. It was inspired from classic zombie's 'Crazystairs'. It's a runner map, consisting of layers of colorful platforms with parkour elements too. The roof is accessible.
TIP: RUN!
Download Link: Use /warp RainbowRun. I recently found out I can actually get a download link from Buildbox, so I will try to get one ASAP ;)
http://www.mediafire.com/?6wk13ktdsptfh4y
Does this work?
Input file:
Code:
MapName: RainbowRun
Author: Infected_alien8
BuildTime: 20
GameTime: 480
WorldTime: 0
SpawnProtectTime: 5000
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    ==: Vector
    x: 1498
    y: 66
    z: 119
  ChooseKit: false
  OneKitPerRound: false
  KitResetTime: 120
  BoxChance: 15
  MoveFirstHunter: false
  FallReduction: 1000
  CanDrown: false
Team1:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    x: 1498
    y: 66
  ChooseKit: false
  FallReduction: 1000
  CanDrown: true
Centre:
  x: 1499
  y: 101
WorldSize: 50
SkyLimit: 150
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: false
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: true
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: true
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
MysteryBoxChance: 15
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
HunterRestrictedPlace:
HunterRestrictedBreak:
Kit:
  HunterFree:
    Chaser:
    - ROTTEN_FLESH
  Juggernaut:
    Titan:
    - DIAMOND_HELMET
    - DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
    - DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS
    - DIAMOND_SWORD
    - BOW
    - GRILLED_PORK|16
    - WOOL|64
    - POTION.8258|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.8257|1
    - ARROW|64
  HunterLeader:
    Chaser_Leader:
    - ROTTEN_FLESH
  HunterStart:
    Chaser:
    - ROTTEN_FLESH
  SurvivorStart:
    Runner:
    - COOKIE|64
Sorry, I'm terrible at input files, so please could you scan over it to make sure it all makes sense and fits the [TAG] mode? ;)
Thanks for reading!

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Reactions: Love

Guinessis

Reaction score
Guinessis please do racetrack with the secret I beg of you :(

Awesome map overall as well!
I'll need the .dat file of Racetrack for that to happen :X .
Original map submission: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/racetrack-my-first-map.696/

Go Walrus go.
Invalid or deleted file :X . Plus, zombie used .lvl files - I need .dat for the import to work (WoM dump format). Someone else will have to manage this as my old build server no longer runs so I cannot export them myself.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well done, it look like a huge colour rain. Have already watched it and I hope the map will get out! Awesome map! Could also be hard sometimes for the hunters.:) Like it

Olix

Reaction score
Awesome map! I never really played zombie, but this looks like a really fun tag map. Currently though, there are two minor problems with your input file. First off, you haven't included any potion effects there, so hunters won't 1-hit kill survivors and survivors won't be speedy. Also, you'll want to put fall resistance at something like 200 so no fall damage is taken. Secondly, (this is just a tip that you probably already realize) when you export your schematic into a single player world for the download, you will have to make sure the boundary and spawn coordinates are all set up correctly for that world (since you set them up for your plot previously).

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Awesome map! I never really played zombie, but this looks like a really fun tag map. Currently though, there are two minor problems with your input file. First off, you haven't included any potion effects there, so hunters won't 1-hit kill survivors and survivors won't be speedy. Also, you'll want to put fall resistance at something like 200 so no fall damage is taken. Secondly, (this is just a tip that you probably already realize) when you export your schematic into a single player world for the download, you will have to make sure the boundary and spawn coordinates are all set up correctly for that world (since you set them up for your plot previously).
Okay, thanks! I think baker has to do something to make it TAG mode, and do something other than just add potion affects.
I can't tell, but is the map no fall damage, as if you fall you would surely die.
I think that comes with the TAG mode, I don't think I have to set it up myself.
Baker93 is this correct or would you like me to do to this?

Reaction score
Neat map! The colors makes this look different from the other maps and the parkour gave it more ways to feel pressured when being chases by the hunters and it seems like there is nothing wrong with it since other people pointed out some issues. +1 Hope this gets to be on AoD :).

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Apologies for the inexcusably long time it has taken for me to respond to this. Although voting for this map has been very positive, I fear that it is nothing special per-say. However, it will be duly be tested to ensure I am not overlooking it! Consider the map accepted, albeit only on trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.