Ragetastic96's Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
IGN: Ragetastic96

Time-zone: GMT -5 (Eastern Standard Time, U.S.A)

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
My schedule is very open, so I can be on 3-5 hours a day on a school night, and 6-12 on holidays or breaks, especially summer.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
It is the Operators job to make sure that the game remains an enjoyable place for everyone. This includes making sure the rules aren't being broken and that the chat stays clean, and warning/banning those that do not respect the rules or treat the other players with decency. An op should also be a fun guy to be around, if he's to intimidating, it could make the server and the other staff look stuck-up. He should also have a serious side to him, so that he can deal with said rule breakers. A balance is needed.

What sets you apart from other applicants?

There's not a lot that sets me apart from other applicants, but do have some unique circumstances. I have staffed on Minecraft before. (Vet-op on a classic build server and Trusted on a premium survival) This has given me some experience with dealing with your typical griefers/spammers. In real life, starting after summer, I will be starting a Homeschool program again. This means, if I can get ahead on my work, I will have much more time to spend on the game all year long. In-Game I enjoy getting to know new players, as well as helping them to understand the game better, and welcoming them to the server or my home.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
My greatest weakness would have to be my typing ability. Unfortunately, I never quite learned to type correctly, so I have the occasional typo, as well as a slower-than-normal reaction time compared to others. I have, however, bought a typing instructor and I'm working on it everyday. One other small thing: I'm not to familiar with the commands on this server. I have used /hawk but not familiar with prism. However, I learn these things quickly, and it won't take being told more then once to have it down pat.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I may try to fix it using some technique that I know would not make things any worse. If that failed, I would ask another Operator for assistance or go straight to a Controller+, depending on the situation.

References: Spencer725, Bram13 (Thanks guys!)

Thank You for considering my application.:)

Spencer75

Reaction score
This is a great application and I'm glad you were considering applying when we spoke about this yesterday.

I've seen you're very mature, kind and helpful to the other players you meet on the server. You have great enthusiasm for helping them and ensuring they enjoy themselves too. Your activity here is great and you also have past experience moderating a server which is a bonus, you'll do well as an operator. Don't worry about not knowing the server commands as the staff here will teach you them if you're accepted. Also great work on getting 2 references for your application.

I'm going to go with a +1 on this. Good luck!

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
This is a very nice application.

I'm impressed that you did admit your greatest weakness, that is very nice of you. Although your weakness isn't so good but you said you're going to do the best you can. I see you as a very mature player and person, I think you are very responsible! you will be a good operator :) I can feel that if you get accepted you'd be a very lovely, loveable and good operator!

I am not so sure if I need to vote but, if so, it's definitely a +1, you're one of the nicest people on the server that I know :) good luck <3

W

Wimali

Pfft, who needs spelling. You're a really helpful player etc. and I was honestly waiting for you to apply. As spence said you're really kind and mature, and I see you try to help as much as you can. +1 from me.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Fully aware of this application and its status. A reminder to all: Simply because an application has any number of + or - does not make it automatically accepted. Dirtcake and I have yet to come to a decision on this due to reasons. As soon as we do, I'll make a post here. Patience is appreciated.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
dirtcake and I have decided to go with denying your application. Although the RoF staff feel you deserve a trial, we think feel you are not ready for the position. You're free to apply again in 2 weeks. In the meantime, if you want the rank for the right reasons and not just to have a higher rank, SHOW us that you want it. It's similar to the saying of "wear the clothes of the job you want" (or something similar). Point is, act more like the things we look for in our staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.