radman573's Advance Builder Application :D

radman573

Reaction score
Username: radman573

Approximately Amount of time spent on the server: I would say 3-4 hours on average, depending or not if I am working on something, it could be 12-20 hours if I am working on a map or project. I do not know how long in total, but it is definitely over 48 hours.

References (Adv+): I do not have any references.

Screenshots of creations (along with warps to the creations):
These are all the things that I have built on Buildbox that I have pictures of....

http://imgur.com/UVpfU,zGDKg,iJAGT,...n,XaOTc,rVkZB,I4wvv,t5QG6,ilwYU,s7cgI,p6Nj6#0

The first set of pictures can be seen in my plot. The desert looking ones are on AoD, they were in my cube before though. The other two things can be found using /mvtp terrain

Signed: radman573

Sorry for the messed up formatting :(

Numberplay

Reaction score
-1 Your builds looks too random. It looks dense and compact at the same time and we can see too many traces of worldedit that could be masked.

It looks like if you started a build and 10 minutes later did another build next to it on another completely different theme. You need to keep a single theme in a map and not making look like you have 10 themes unless the transitions make sense.

In the case of your floating map, The chunks of islands aren't realistic. It's as if you were too lazy to add blocks under the lands to make them look like they are rising or eroding. Don't hesitate to make them look like a giant stalagtite instead of thousands of small ones on the same level.

Reactions: radman573

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Alright, you're a nice guy, and this is nothing personal. However, I am going with a -1.
Your builds are at the standard that I'd expect from the average Builder.
For example, this build:

The roof on it isn't exactly "blended". It's more of a sudden pyramid-like roof. Maybe have it more circular, and softer to the eye.
The underneath of the build is rather bland. *Goes to grab Number's tutorial. On the way, notices Number has already replied before her. Asdfghjkl;'#* Number's tutorial is epic for this stuff. Thanks to it, I no longer fail at floating islands. OH LOOK SO DID MARLEM. ASDFASFDSFD.

If you wish, I could try and help you out ingame. For now, I'm sticking with a -1 though.

• Useful

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
That definitely looks better.
You may want to avoid square, or simple 4 walled builds. They tend to be rather plain no matter how decorated.
The underneath of the islands could use some stone. Also, try and use stairs and half slabs quite often for detail.

But, yeah. You're definitely heading in the right direction.

• Useful

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Pretty much what Numberplay said. I won't bore you to death by making you read another wall of text telling you the same things that have already been said. My advice: stick to one theme per build because if you focus your efforts into one theme it will probably look better. Keep at it!

• Agree
Reactions: radman573 and Zelz

radman573

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the great advice :D

You can close and deny this, and I will try again in the future. I have really started to like the run down/abandoned look to builds so I will primarily focus on that :D

Thanks again!