Quant Quest - I AM WRITER

Diago21

Reaction score
Quant

Quant Is situated on the Jorgensen Plateu, It was founded by Roberto Quant during the during the Worldwide Missile Crisis in 2018.

Prologue
Jerry ran through the building, he was the chief of security in, 'The Tower' as he ran doors closed behind him and doors locked alongside him, "Please!" He said inbetween breathes, "You weren't programmed for this!" The building was slient other than his struggling breathes, he noticed an unlocked room, it could be a trap.. But it might not be, he dived into it and closed the door. He stood up, gasping for air, he noticed a camera and quickly covered it and proceeded to look for a way out. Suddenly a strange hissing noise filled the room, "No, don't do that, don't!"

Chapter One
Paranoia
"Breaking News!" The sound of the TV filled the living room of the 56th floor of the Newerth Apartments, "A gas leak has caused an explosion the Dragon Tower, home of 'The Interface', the chief of Security, Jerry Kaine was killed in the blast, no other bodies have been found, it is believed that the explosion was an act of tower from the activist group, 'Anti-Interface' in an attempt to destroy it, more on this developing story at six." Darry stared at the TV, "I'm telling you man, its got nothing to do with AI, it was the Interface that killed that guy!" "Buddy, you know that isn't true, the dammned thing was only plugged in a couple of months ago, it can't have gone rogue yet." Jay responded, "And besides, I'm sure it has some kind of emergency off-switch." Just then Alexis walked in, "Are you guys seriously still debating whether that things going to kill us all? Hubbard already confirmed that its virtually impossible." "You see, he said, 'VIRTUALLY' It could be plotting to kill us as we speak!" Darry argued, "Whatever you say, to be ho- Oh crap, I was meant to meet Jade almost half an hour ago!" Alexis grabbed her bag and rushed out of the apartment.

• Creative
Reactions: Choclate_god

Diago21

Reaction score
Darry stood up and went to the closest window and put his hand against it dramatically, starting out at the gleaming city, It was so magnificent, Roberto Quant had the right idea claiming this place, it was now a haven free of government and politics, free of crime. Anyone who wished to enter the city had to first pass an IQ test in which that would have to score as above average, some of the greatest scientific minds of the century lived here, and they were really well looked after. Of course not everyone HAD to pass.. Anyone who still wished to stay after they failed were offered work that involved maintaining the city, 'They sure do a good job' Darry thought to himself.
"Hey Shakespeare! Stop dreaming and get over here, the tournament is about to begin." Darry turned around and Jay was holding two controllers, it was time to win. Virtual Reality headsets never caught on, not for practical everyday uses atleast, instead controller based gaming remained ontop, They'd entered a gaming tournament on the latest modern war based game, it was typically used to train soldiers in other countries but it soon became pretty popular amongst gamers, they started playing, playing to win.

Chapter Two
Oddities
Alexis arrived in Hubble Square at 3:30, it was in the most beutiful location along the boardwalk next to the beach, the sand was so yellow, it was like a tropical paradise. She saw Jade waiting impatiently at a table outside the 'Circa 2000' cafe', she did not look happy, Jade was pretty short, the shortest in the group actually and had dark purple hair, she hadn't died it in a while so it was starting to fade, but she also had someone else with her, she looked familer. "Alexis!" The woman screamed as she ran towards her and embraced her, now she remembered her, Iris, from Australia, or in other words, the blonde airhead, "Long time no see." Were the only words that managed to escape her mouth, "I know, right?" She replied, she focused one Jade again, she was glaring daggers, "Soooo, you're late.", "Look Jade, I'm sorry, I got caught up with the guys discussing The Interface and AI." Iris looked confused, "Isn't that thing supposed to protect us? You know, protect us from America and stuff." Alexis looked at Jade and Jade rolled her eyes, Jade had always suspected that Iris cheated off her somehow in her IQ Exam but it was practically impossible to cheat on those things, if you did you were banished from the island for ten years, "Iris." Jade began, "Alexis and I were going to go for a walk to Robertus Park and well.." "Its fine, I've got to start work soon anyway, those brides won't dress themselves!" She walked off towards the far end of the square where she worked in a bridal store, Jade muttered, "Thank god" and we hugged and started walking. Just then they heard the screetching of tires and a bunch of vans rolled into the square, their doors slid open and men in ski masks jumped out and began shooting, the sound of police sirens was not far off, they both ducked behind a retaining wall, "Oh my god, whats going on!?" Jade sounded worried, "I don't know it looks like AI, but I don't know why they're shooting people, they're supposed to be freeing us or something." Alexis peeked up from the wall and saw that they were loading handcuffed people into their vans, they then drove off across the square hollering and hooting, "Ferals." Jade muttered under her breath, just as the police cars rounded the corner and went to enter the square an explosion rocked the CBD, All the building lining the southern side of the CBD exploded and blocked the southern entry, "We have to get back to Newerth, fast." Alexis said as she ducked down, "Sounds good to me." They ducked up and ran to the western exit.

Chapter Three
Unforseen Events
Alexis and Jade arrived back at the apartment to find another one of their friends, Raen, sitting on the couch watching the TV while Darry and Jay were looking out the window across the city and watching the smoke billowing up from the square. "Breaking News!" The TV blared at full volume, "Quant has experienced its first real terror attack, a series of explosions were set off shortly after the perpatraitors left the square, flames tore through surrounding buildings and hundreds were killed by both the explosions and the masked offenders whilst others were kidnapped, a full list of the suspected dead and kidnapped can be found online at jpq.Eighty-Six-News.com. See the full report at seven." Jay turned around, "Girls! You're alright!" Jade was already on her gTab checking the list of the killed and kidnapped, Darry turned around, "What happend out there?" Alexis was in shock, "I don't know.. We were talking, with Iris, then.. Gunfire and people were being taken, and then the explosions.." Alexis turned to Jade with a worried look, "Is she there?" Jade nodded, "Her shop was one of the hardest hit." Everyone looked down at their feet, Alexis regretted badmouthing her earlier and she knew Jade did too.

It was late and Jay was making dinner, he was the best cook but no one really felt like eating, suddenly the power went out and we heard Jay cuss from the kitchen, "Hm." Was all that escaped from her lips, she'd just finished charging her gTab and was playing a game on it, "Hey Darry, could you see how much of the city is out?" Alexis asked, Darry walked to the window and looked out, "The entire CBD is out and the areas surrounding it, although.. Hm, Site 23 seems brighter then usual." Darry said leaning against the glass, "Thats probarbly because the area around it is so dark." Jade explained, Darry just ignored her and sat on the couch, Just then Jay appeared, "Alexis can you go check the, Oh, I guess I we should've expected that." Alexis nodded, most of the CBD was still on fire but the news stated that it was under control and no one else had to worry. "Oh god, I'm bored already." "Don't you start Darry!" Jay hit Darry on the head playfully, "Ouch!" "Shut up, that didn't hurt." Jay said grinning, just then the power came back on and so did the TV, "Power has just been restored the the Newerth Apartment Complex and welcome to EightySix News, tonight we'll be discussing todays attack followed by the economic strain that is bound to occour due to the loss of so many buisnesses, the UK has offered aid but The Collective has refused stating that, 'We're fine and we are sure to recover and stand strong once again.' This is Jennifer Cassan reporting, now onto our first story, a couple in the South Beach Complex discovered a strange fung-" Darry changed the channel to 'Cooking With Jennifer Winston', " Hey, I was watching that." Alexis complained and Darry just looked at her and back to the TV, Alexis just powered up her laptop and started to surf the web.

BurnyBurn

Reaction score
I'm at school, can't read it now. Will read at home.

However I just want to say that this would go great in the creative forum @GmK

Make it now.

Please.

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com