Pulser-type weapon?

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
Not to be confused with the pulsers we already have now; I just couldn't think of any other way to describe my idea.

A pulser would function similarly to TNT, but when they explode, the lava "ripples" out (sort of like rings) as opposed to the usual explosion-shaped pattern. Also, the ripples would only be on the same layer (height-wise) as the pulser, and maybe only one "wave" of ripples would appear at a time.

It would probably make more sense with an aerial-view diagram of at least the first two "rings":

R = block placed for the pulser
L = lava
A = air

A A A A A
A A A A A
A A R A A
A A A A A
A A A A A

to

A A A A A
A L L L A
A L R L A
A L L L A
A A A A A

to

L L L L L
L A A A L
L A R A L
L A A A L
L L L L L
...and so on. The amount of "ripples" might be upgradable, of course.

A pulser would have a longer horizontal range than TNT, which is the point, and possibly would initially "activate" faster (i.e. the first ring would appear after 1-2 seconds instead of 3).

In case this is too weak, a pulser could alternatively release all the rings at once, basically ending up with a square-type pattern, like:

A A A A A
A A A A A
A A R A A
A A A A A
A A A A A

to

L L L L L
L L L L L
L L R L L
L L L L L
L L L L L

etc.
Again, this would be sort of like TNT but with a better horizontal range and only a height of one. Or maybe this could be an upgrade to the first version?

Hopefully this makes at least some sense. xD

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
Yes, it seems like a good idea.
Only concern is spawnkilling, if they're permanent. But it's like cannons. The Ops can just remove them.
I like it.
Oh, sorry. To clarify, they wouldn't last forever; they'd probably just fire off once, twice, or maybe even a few times (and this could possibly be upgraded) before disappearing/deactivating.