PSA: Why Iguana is a great and not over inflated HC.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Currently the AoD plugin doesn't have the ability to restrict Survivors to break a specific block, just an option to allow them to break blocks in game-time. Next version.

Not sure what Iguana wants to do to allow people to report issues with maps - If they should go on the bugtracker or on the Map Suggestions/Submisions forum. The middle of a thread really isn't the place they're going to get fixed.

• Agree
Reactions: chris360kss

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
On Snochille, there is a chest with Diamond sword and Iron armour in it, when hunters at best get a stone sword. There are places like this on all maps, that makes so many unplayable, if the humans are OP then the hunters need more then a stone sword.

Snochille- D-sword, iron armour, I still have no idea where, but when humans get it-OP
underground Forest- Explained up top
Vertigo- Diamond sword(s) and iron armour everywhere. Hunters get stone sword.
The Island- multiple stacks of diamonds.

I know there is more, can't think of them offhand. Point being, there needs to be some serious balancing in some maps, not only Underground_Forest.
Exactly why Hunters don't rush survivors and actually take time to break the Iron blocks or co-ordinate an attack. If they did that there wouldn't be complaints as me and 3 others in full Iron have fell to the horde of 5 with no armour; It isn't about armour, just team-work. Team 1 Survivor and every other falls.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Exactly why Hunters don't rush survivors and actually take time to break the Iron blocks or co-ordinate an attack. If they did that there wouldn't be complaints as me and 3 others in full Iron have fell to the horde of 5 with no armour; It isn't about armour, just team-work. Team 1 Survivor and every other falls.
There are other factors like lag, skill of the player, ect. If you put someone who knows about secrets, and is decent at a sword, it's still no competition until you've got 4+ people smacking you about.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Because the survivors go hunting if they're left alone, and will kill you whilst you're trying to gear up and then go wee, free loot.

Because the game only has 10 minutes or so and you can't spend five of those gearing up and still being killed.

Guinessis

Reaction score
Because the survivors go hunting if they're left alone, and will kill you whilst you're trying to gear up and then go wee, free loot.

Because the game only has 10 minutes or so and you can't spend five of those gearing up and still being killed.
Just logged in. 5 hunters spawning with no kits were being whacked around by two survivors in full iron armor and diamond weapons. I had just crafted a wooden pick, mined some stone, and was about to craft a stone pick for crafting some gear when I got annihilated.

So yes, I agree. Until starting hunter kits are buffed, filling maps with diamonds and iron doesn't make for good gameplay.

Razinao

Reaction score
Just logged in. 5 hunters spawning with no kits were being whacked around by two survivors in full iron armor and diamond weapons. I had just crafted a wooden pick, mined some stone, and was about to craft a stone pick for crafting some gear when I got annihilated.

So yes, I agree. Until starting hunter kits are buffed, filling maps with diamonds and iron doesn't make for good gameplay.
What map? Academy? I'm pretty determined to remove all possibilities of this happening.

Razinao

Reaction score
Vertigo - easiest fix would be to just set iron blocks to unbreakable. The biggest issue with Academy I've found is the possible abuse of cave spider eggs.
We have Vertigo in question to be fixed. It should be done this weekend. Kits are also going to be adjusted on Academy in the same 'to-fix' list.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Righto - it's a fantastic map with a few implementation issues. I think Endor falls into the same category. It's probably safe to say that iron blocks should remain unbreakable across the board.
Humans rarely camp in the hallways, they mostly get Iron, and run for it. That leaves the hunters to mine the Iron blocks and gear up; but yes I do agree on that and therefor I shall contact Iguana.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Vertigo, as of now, due to kits and restrictions not working, is barely being played as it was intended at all. Until kits and restrictions actually work on that map, I want it temporarily removed from rotation until everything (the right kits and iron blocks being unbreakable) is working 100% and the map is able to played how it was intended, then put back in rotation.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Vertigo, as of now, due to kits and restrictions not working, is barely being played as it was intended at all. Until kits and restrictions actually work on that map, I want it temporarily removed from rotation until everything (the right kits and iron blocks being unbreakable) is working 100% and the map is able to played how it was intended, then put back in rotation.
It would help more to tell Iguana directly and not complain in a thread that's not even about this. *sigh*