Prizyms' Operator Application

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Account Name: Prizyms

Timezone: British Summer Time (GMT +1)

References from Ops: TheFurion101

Approximate time spent on BuildBox: I'd say about 30 hours.

Previous Staff Experience: Director on Solitude, Administrator on Non-Blocktopia Server

Other notable contributions/feats/skills? Built the first dungeon for Solitude. Never utilised because it shut down.

What do you think the role entails? BuildBox is first and foremost a server of creativity, imagination and fun, and as an Operator you must ensure that these three requirements are met. It is also the responsibility of an Operator to help new players have the best possible time on the server and answer any qualms they may have. To put that in simple terms, an Operator's job is to make sure the server runs smoothly, meets these requirements and helps people out. Another job of the Operators is to help people with building, because Builders cannot build in other people's Boxels now.

Why do you want this position? I go on BuildBox a lot. This is not a lie - it's my favourite Blocktopia server because of the peaceful community and laid-back pace. Whether it's designing traps for a future SMP raid or making AoD maps, the possibilities are limitless. Becoming an Operator would mean I can play a larger part in the growth of the server. The main reason I want to become Operator is because when I'm online, the only active Operator is TheFurion101 , and sometimes when he isn't online, there are new players asking questions like 'How do I build?' or 'What's WorldEdit?'. I help these players out but due to restrictions on my rank I cannot build in their boxels or teleport to them without them using /call. I really do want to help these players out in a better way, and becoming Operator would give me a valuable experience in doing so.

Additional/final notes: Many of my real-life friends would think of me as a friendly yet intelligent person. I hope that my positive demeanour has rubbed off on my Minecraft character.

also, even though applications are closed, there are barely any active staff :/ sorry

Reactions: Notme

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
I know I'm not staff here, but I see a couple of things with this. Did you ask anyone before you posted an application, you throughly knowing there were closed? If you happen to wonder why applications are closed and wish to become part of a server's staff, you should really pm their Controllers, and if they cant answer, the all important (for this server, missing) HC will help you out.

TheFurion101

Nostalgic
Reaction score
emosquirrel we do not have Controllers, nor Head Controllers at the moment. Please leave BuildBox staff to deal with this next time.
As for Prizyms, emosquirrel is right. Read next time before you post an application, or ask a staff member. I'm not sure if they will be re-opened or something, so this will have to wait till we have a new HC, or till the old one comes back.

• Agree
Reactions: Notme and Excepted

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
For now, both me and TheFurion101 have no say in this due to Ayatollah_Ali saying that applications are closed, although he is away and there may be a new temporary HC for Buildbox until he is back, you'll have to way for Aya's say I believe.

Yuck

Reaction score
Things are getting ironed out. Until they are, none will be accepted or denied. People are free to apply though.
Those I do not know personally from when last I was here, I will inquire about from those that do.
Basically applications are open, comments on them appreciated, and they will be decided on at a later date.
Other things need to be sorted first.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Your application is very appealing, It shows good quality.. which always counts; now from what I've seen you're very active and mature, I personally haven't seen you help players out even though I'm not online I'm always on IRC, though that could be due to me not being online when you are, etc.

I think you're worth a Trial.

+1

TheFurion101

Nostalgic
Reaction score
Agreeing with Angel here. You try your best to help out, you try to fit activity as much as you can, you are mature, intelligent, and pretty much all that Angel said.
+1

• Agree
Reactions: Friendy

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
Yuck - The only two BB Ops have voted, so it's now your turn ;)
Things are getting ironed out. Until they are, none will be accepted or denied. People are free to apply though.
Those I do not know personally from when last I was here, I will inquire about from those that do.
Basically applications are open, comments on them appreciated, and they will be decided on at a later date.
Other things need to be sorted first.
I thought he made it clear lol

• Agree
Reactions: Yuck