[POLL] Spectator Deathmatch or points for kills?

Spectator Deathmatch or points for kills?

• Keep Spectator Deathmatch

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Keep points for kills

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So now that we've been playing with Spectator Deathmatch for a bit, we found a problem. During Deathmatch you still get bonus points for killing someone if they were a Traitor when they were alive/if you were a Traitor and kill people who were innocent/Detective when alive. Obviously this means that the old point system no longer works as you can just play Spectator Deathmatch and point farm easily. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there is no way to fix this.

So we have a choice: keep !dm and just have points for being active, or remove !dm.

I did a vote on the server with about 20 people on and the results were exactly half and half, so please vote here and we can make a decision!

Personally I'd prefer to remove !dm just because I think it's nice when all the dead players watch the game and have jokes about what's going on with the alive players rather than being too busy to follow the game, but that's just me.

Vote away!

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Thank you for not making it first with a really bad picture ;)
thank you for not asking me to make a really bad picture <3

EDIT:
Chandler Bing: I ASKED U TO MAKE A PIICTURE NOT A PICTURE THAT DOESNT TAKE ITSELF SERIOUSLY AND DOESNT EVEN INCLUDE F1 BIT WITHOUT SMALL FONT AND ;-; FACE OM G

sorry my mistake <3

Last edited:

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
So now that we've been playing with Spectator Deathmatch for a bit, we found a problem. During Deathmatch you still get bonus points for killing someone if they were a Traitor when they were alive/if you were a Traitor and kill people who were innocent/Detective when alive. Obviously this means that the old point system no longer works as you can just play Spectator Deathmatch and point farm easily. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there is no way to fix this.

So we have a choice: keep !dm and just have points for being active, or remove !dm.

I did a vote on the server with about 20 people on and the results were exactly half and half, so please vote here and we can make a decision!

Personally I'd prefer to remove !dm just because I think it's nice when all the dead players watch the game and have jokes about what's going on with the alive players rather than being too busy to follow the game, but that's just me.

Vote away!
I say keep DM. While I agree, making fun of people when you're dead is fun, Deathmatch is a lot of fun too, and it gives people who may get bored waiting on a longer round to finish. People don't have to play Deathmatch if they don't want to, and not everyone is going to play it. But this is something we've wanted to implement for a long time, and we have the ability to now. As far as points go, I don't really mind whether or not they stay. I find it to be a small incentive to play DM as it is now. The only issue to me is, yeah, you don't get points for killing those who were on your team that round. If we do remove DM, I really think we should look into adding something else fun to do in the meantime while the round goes. Especially for people like Aqua who die so early in the rounds <3

• Informative
Reactions: Aqua

Alesch

Reaction score
I have about 15 hours on the server and what I liked about it was 1. The awesome weapons and community and 2. That you had something to do even if you died in the start of the round. Because the server sometimes goes up to 20 people rounds can take 10 minutes. If you die in the start you'll have to wait the whole round. I hope it won't get removed because I think I might have to stop playing because its one of the best things about the server and it makes it fun to keep playing.

Last edited: