Podium Positions

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Just a small idea that popped into my head last night.

For ONLY when zombies win, I think the final three humans should get a small amount of karma for their struggles.

For example:

Zombies win!

[Insert normal Zombie kill leaderboard here]

The last 3 survivors were:

1. Derp [+3!]
2. Herp [+2!]
3. Derpette [+1!]

This would add extra incentive to make an effort to get in the top 3 [I like to call it the 'podium']. Just a little extra karma that represents another goal for players.

Note: this would only be on rounds zombies have won, due to the fact that humans get a respectable amount of karma if they survive already.

Whaddya think? Comments would be appreciated.

Jutimo

Reaction score
I would like it. The reason is Running:
No matter how good run I make, I almost never survive round by running. In some point there's just too much zombies that you'll get caught. That's why I like the top 3 suggestion, 'cos it would give some effort for running almost the whole round.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Zombies win the round, I see no reason to also give credit to humans by notifying them under the best zombies as last 3 survivors. Karma has no real use so there is no good reason to give them karma for almost surviving. It's not a very bad idea, but I find it rather pointless and silly to add.

Remember peoplesss, it's about the fun, not about the karma.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind adding that in, but it quite useless as Vat has said, but perhaps some people who try to get on /board would like it.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Zombies win the round, I see no reason to also give credit to humans by notifying them under the best zombies as last 3 survivors. Karma has no real use so there is no good reason to give them karma for almost surviving. It's not a very bad idea, but I find it rather pointless and silly to add.

Remember peoplesss, it's about the fun, not about the karma.
We all know that karma has no purpose, but it's our only means of currency and one of the only goals we can strive for on our server, considering that we don't have a shop like lava or weapons like TNT. I'm not sure why everyone hates karma so much, considering that it's one of the only things that keeps our server competitive :x

I can see where you're coming from though.

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
Karma is pointless, you say? Then why did we extend the /board? Was it some pointless fun that our dev wanted to do?

I like this idea! :D

Also, why not completely forget about the karma, so the final 3 humans get some credit for being awesome?
Also, we could do this the other way 'round.

Humans Win!
[insert normal msg]
Congrats to the following zombs!
[3 highest amount of kills]

(see http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/kills-expansion.7112/#post-107158)