Overwatch

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score

Cinematic Trailer:

Gameplay Trailer:

I gotta say, this game looks real pretty. The effort they put into animation and all is awesome. I'm definitely going to be checking it out. However, it also looks a lot like Team Fortress.
Team Fortress fans, what do you think? Rip-off? The sequel you didn't know you wanted? Or is it totally oranges and apples?
It may be just the hype, but I don't think Blizzard is going to disappoint with this.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
First, let me just say, the Overwatch cinematic trailer is so good, and I'm glad (if I'm not mistaken) that they're going to continue making more moving forward. The style just reminds me so much of Pixar which makes it a blast to watch. (I can definitely imagine it being a decent TV show or movie)

Anyways, never was a big fan of Team Fortress honestly, simply couldn't get into it. The combat and classes felt kind of dull... but then again, that's just me.
And despite it's similarities to it (I've also heard it being called a "clone/copy" of Destiny and Dota amoung other things but those claims are rather silly!), Overwatch kind of caught my attention. The fast gameplay and the uniqueness that each separate character has compared to the others seems like it would make like a fun time.
I'm especially a fan of Mercy, Zenyatta, and Bastion at the moment, all seem rather run to play as. There's also quite a few interesting ones in the various trailers/posters for it, like the Clint Eastwood looking cowboy or the roller skater holding what looks like a mini flood-light... I'm certain they could add quite a few interesting characters as they progress.

It looks good, hopefully it pans out rather well in the end. But at least so far I've heard it's gotten rather good comments by those who played it back during Blizzcon.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Actual matches are so fun to watch too:
Definitely a bit hectic to watch at first, but ended up being quite enjoyable. Totally didn't expect them to win at the end, it looked like the Offense had it in the bag until those last few moments. (IT WAS RIGHT ON THE EDGE!)... jeez!

Definitely nice to see a real match. It was nice to see Symmetra's style of play in it. She always looked interesting but wasn't entirely sure how she would hold up, but after this I was pleasantly surprised. The different ways to cause critical choke-points with those turrets (that one under the bus was super sneaky) seemed to work pretty well, though it looked somewhat hard to hold without others since her weapon seems kinda short ranged.