Outdated WoM Check

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
In light of the recent WoM updates, i'm under the assumption that it also checks for the WoM version that we're on so that the transfer of files can be made properly.

In addition to this, hacking is only possible when you're on a more outdated WoM client. Therein, would it be possible to add in a warning to all staff members when a person on an outdated WoM client logs in, similarly to how it reports a high warn level and, when the staff logs in, informs them of everyone who is on an outdated WoM client.

Obviously, this list would exclude any form of Op+ members, so people like Catgirl12466 don't get flak for outdated clients.

This is mostly limited to staff usage and probably for destroyerx1's coding ability only. Not sure. Anyways, I asked in staff chat and it was an all-round agreement that it'd be useful.

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
This sounds like a really good idea. People already send "/womid WoM-<WoM version>" when they log in from a WoM client, so the server should already have access to the data. Being able to see this from /who would also be a useful check if we're investigating a player for hacking

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Obviously, this list would exclude any form of Op+ members, so people like Catgirl12466 don't get flak for outdated clients.
Aha! I'm not the only one with an outdated client then!

Sounds like a good idea to me, it would also be nice to tell the player, but it might be a case of information overload when they log in!

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
Aha! I'm not the only one with an outdated client then!
Lolnope, I use old WoM as well! Have not needed to update x) I only ever play TNT so its hacks on or hacks off :p

On the other hand, this is a great idea and I think it would benefit all of us. Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish between wom and lag so...

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Lolnope, I use old WoM as well! Have not needed to update x) I only ever play TNT so its hacks on or hacks off :p

On the other hand, this is a great idea and I think it would benefit all of us. Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish between wom and lag so...
(Possible reference to me)

...Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? It's an excellent idea. An auto-kick on an outdated client's login would also be useful, coupled with a message telling the user to update.

• Useful
Reactions: Super_Goku

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
(Possible reference to me)

...Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? It's an excellent idea. An auto-kick on an outdated client's login would also be useful, coupled with a message telling the user to update.

That would be Nice if that is codeable the peeps with an older version would know that they have to update!