Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Operator Application:

In-game username: - Da_Jinks.
Staff references (Op+): - None.
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): - Classic Zombie Trusted, SMP4 Operator, JtE Trusted and Operator.
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: - The Operator is one of the highest, most important jobs on the server and hence requires many things. I think most important is to be active and mature on the server. A Operator is also a player on the server and should act like (s)he expects a player to act and should be helpful and active within the server. A Operator must also help with problems on the server, and it is important to be able to stop playing the game and help out when needed. Beyond server things it is important for a Operator to be willing to speak his or her mind and suggest things to improve the server when he or she can.
Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: - I have held the rank of Operator on JtE since April? I believe. In that time I've been extremely active (ending the server with the third highest ontime) and verbal in how I believe the server can be improved. I'm always willing to help and speak my mind, and creative when it comes to making events.
If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: - Contact another staff member to ask how they would like to deal with the situation at hand. If I cannot I will deal with it in the best manner I can and ask for suggestions on how to deal with it better later.
If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: - Records any evidence I can of the situation and report it to higher staff later.
What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: - I'd say I often second guess certain things and make things a bigger deal then they should. I try and step back and calm myself down to deal with things easier when needed and am positive this won't be much of a issue! :)
Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: - When I'm not playing Minecraft I'm often playing other games, reading or playing piano. I am in the 10th grade, homeschooled and am working on learning Java, html and other codes and am now tooling about with a gamemaker ;3 Also am interested in writing, so should make a good combo for games!
If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: - Nothing much else, thank you for reading ;3

VetOp Application:

In-game username: Da_Jinks.
Staff references (Controller+): None.
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): Classic Zombie Trusted, SMP4 Operator, JtE Trusted and Operator.
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: The VetOp is one of the highest ranks on the server and has many responsibilities. First and foremost they should be active on the server and mature. They are a player as well and should act as they would expect a player to act. VetOp's should be willing to drop what there doing and be willing to help with server issues when needed. They should be able to speak there mind when it comes to server issues, suggestions and anything else to improve the server. They will need to be able to be creative, thinking up events and other things to improve the server and create a fun experience for all.
Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: I have been a Operator on JtE since April? and have shown I am verbal in suggestions to help the server and creative in making events and possible updates. I am willing to learn, and do extra things whenever asked. I am creative, and am good with thinking up things for improvements as well as events and other additions to the server. I can be very active and feel I have a good understanding on how the server will work.
If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: Contact another staff for advice if possible and, if not, deal with the situation the best I can and ask for suggestions to improve later.
How experienced are you with the current commands on the server, and would you be able to grasp many new commands quickly?: I know Prism, HawkEye and WorldEdit fairly well and can learn easily any commands ask :)
What’s the best thing you have ever read?: A tie between Chronicles of Narnia: The Last Battle and The Westing Game.
If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: You can read my mini-bio up top in the thread, and I'd like to thank you for reading and considering me for VetOp. It is a privilege and I will do whatever needed to help DoD be a strong SMP, lasting months and months to come.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello!

We've decided to place you at Operator for the server opening. You are a great staff member who always logs in with upbeat and enthusiastic, diffusing stressful moments and working to solve things in the nicest way possible. Your staffing record is also great, having staffed SMP twice and making decisions that aren't easy to make. We know you already know the server in and out, and hope you have a great time!

Status
Not open for further replies.